Mond27

Name was updated!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys!

I am a Feb 2018 filer and still waiting for the noa 2. We have been waiting for 237 days now. We’ve already sent our first service request and was told that they placed our case on hold because the security check is still pending and they cant move forward without it. 

Earlier today, I received an email from USCIS that they have taken an action on our case and when I checked it, it says that “the name was updated on Oct. 2” The thing is we didn’t request for any information to be updated. So my fiance contacted uscis and spoke to a tier 2 officer. They just told him that it was nothing, like they were just refreshing their system and it’s still the same. No update and still pending.

I’m so worried about our case guys. Anybody here who experienced the same thing?? 

I also want to know why our case is pending due to security check even though we don’t have any records. Should we send a new service request again? Or should we consider contacting a senator about this situation? 

Thank you guys! 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Wait for one more day.

name was updated usually comes a day before approval, in cases where you didn’t ask for an update. It happens when they are just correcting their system.

i saw quite a lot of people this happened, including me, and the next day they got approval, including me. So I basically celebrated when I saw mine said “name was updated”

wait one more day, and congrats.

Ps_ oh I’m not answering rest of your questions cause I’m 99.9% sure you’re approved.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naes said:

Wait for one more day.

name was updated usually comes a day before approval, in cases where you didn’t ask for an update. It happens when they are just correcting their system.

i saw quite a lot of people this happened, including me, and the next day they got approval, including me. So I basically celebrated when I saw mine said “name was updated”

wait one more day, and congrats.

Ps_ oh I’m not answering rest of your questions cause I’m 99.9% sure you’re approved.

Really? Even though we called the uscis and spoke to tier 2 and they said it’s still pending? Oh woow!! My heart is about to explode

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you don't say what visa this is for or what office or what embassy

many times a name pops up that needs further security checks as it is the same as another's 

My name, itself,  pops up as a dr,  a deceased person and if,  I do people finder, there are names associated to me (i do not know) and states i never lived in along with states i did live in

so, at USCIS stage when they imput your info,  this shows up on petitioner 

at NVC and embassy stage it is all about the Beneficary and for instance,  an Arab name is used over and over

so, the name update could have been for a clearance needed as someone had same name as you

Edited by adil-rafa

@Margeee 

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Margeee said:

Really? Even though we called the uscis and spoke to tier 2 and they said it’s still pending? Oh woow!! My heart is about to explode

Yep.

I’ve seen many many cases this happened, and followed them through which was always approval the next day. Funny enough it ended up happening to me.

but by that time Ialready knew so I actually was sure I got an approval. My name was updated date was 4th of April, and approval came next day. My paper no2 said approval was on 4th of April as well.

my reason for this was, my noa1 didn’t have my middle name (they don’t put middle name on noa1) but noa2 has to be same as passport so it was corrected by them with the inclusion of my middle name.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.