nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Greencardchicago said:

Hello everyone, can you please share your experience of how long did you wait from the day of the interview( I was approved on the spot) and getting the date for the ceremony? My interview was on Monday April 22nd, and hopefully I will get the date soon. 

I haven't had my interview yet, but reading these forums, I noticed that some people got their dates within days, others waited for long weeks. Some even had their ceremony on the same day of their interview! Hopefully, you will be scheduled soon. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks for the reply. I know I will have more answers in the interview letter. Fingers crossed. Thanks again

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Butterfly83 said:

Q1: You can check your letter under the document section. If it's not there yet, it will be there in 1 - 3 days. You will know your date for sure than! I got my notice 5 weeks before the interview, I think 4 - 6 weeks is common.

Q2: Yes, you can, not sure how though, I think the letter explains it.

Q3: Not sure, and I don't think there is one right answer. Likely not years, but could be months.

Thanks for the reply. I know I will have more answers in the interview letter. Fingers crossed. Thanks again

rCHNm4.png

January 15th, 2014 - Submitted I-129f

January 22nd, 2014 - NOA 1 approved - Case shows up online

January 24th, 2014 - Received NOA 1 hard copy in mail

LONG ### WAIT!

May 21st - Joined this forum to find some hope...

Sep 12th, 2014 - NOA2 approved, case shows up online

Sep 15th, 2014 - Checked USCIS to find out that we were approved on the 12th, no txts or email although we were signed up.

Sep 15th, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

Sep 25th, 2014 - Case arrived at NVC

Sep 26th, 2014 - Called and received case # from NVC.

Sep 29th,2014 - Case in transit to New Delhi

Sep 30th,2014 - Case shows "ready" online

Oct 2nd, 2014 - Submitted DS-160 online.

Oct 16th, 2014 - Police Certificate in hand.

Oct 20th, 2014 - Will have medical Report in hand

Oct 21st, 2014 - Scheduled fingerprinting

Oct 22nd, 2014 - INTERVIEW ......

Nov 12th, 2014 - Passport in hand with Approved VISA

Nov 27th, 2014- Arrived in the USA via Miami

GREEN CARD PROCESS STARTS

Dec 4th, 2014 - Married

Dec 11th, 2014 - Submitted I485, I765

Dec19th, 2014- Received several I797C - one for 485, 765 and one more (cant remember)

Jan 12th, 2015 - Biometrics.

Feb 5th, 2015 - Written Drivers test - PASSED

Feb 12th, 2015 - Road Test...... fingers crossed....PASSED... mailed the card. Said would get it for a year

Feb 13th, 2015 - EAD card in production... waiting to get it in hand

Feb 20th, 2015 - EAD card produced and mailed... now should be waiting to get it in hand...expecting it in a day or so.

Feb 24th, 2015 - EAD Card in hand with new married name!!!

Civics test (especially to those who've already had their interviews)

Do I need to list ALL the answers or just one from the study guide if the question doesn't specify how many to list? Did you list only 1 answer for each question during your interview?

For example, with Question 12. What is the "rule of law"? The answers are: * Everyone must follow the law * Leaders must obey the law * Government must obey the law * is above the law. OR with Question 61 Why did the colonist fight the British? Answers are *high taxes, *the British stayed in their houses * they have self-gov.

Do I need to know all options, or is enough to list only one (. Q12: everyone must follow the law, Q61: they didn't have self-gov.). 

I know that w/ some questions (. Q11 and Q28) the possible answers are worded differently, but with certain ones, they are not the same but different options (. Q2, 12, 14, 37, 53, 61, 77, 85, 95). 

I've been only memorizing only one answer for each question (unless it specifically asks for 2 or 3 things, eg. original states question), but I want to make sure that's ok. The booklet doesn't really specify it....

Maybe I'm just paranoid, my interview is getting close...

If you have time to dig around on VJ, you'll find a series of civics posts from an IO whose advice helped me. I don't think they are active on here anymore, but my response below is pretty much based on their recommendations. And it helped me to feel more confident going in to the interview. 

Not long now! Good luck and I hope this helps! 

(Here's how I tackled my study and responses for interview... I passed. :) )

7 hours ago, Butterfly83 said:

Civics test (especially to those who've already had their interviews)

Do I need to list ALL the answers or just one from the study guide if the question doesn't specify how many to list? Did you list only 1 answer for each question during your interview?

No. There's only one question where you have to give 3 answers (name 3 original states) and a handful where you give two. For most of the questions, you just have to give one answer, even if the answers are the same, just worded differently or if there are different options. Unless the study book tells you to give more than one answer, just one will do.

For example, with Question 12. What is the "rule of law"? The answers are: * Everyone must follow the law * Leaders must obey the law * Government must obey the law * is above the law. OR with Question 61 Why did the colonist fight the British? Answers are *high taxes, *the British stayed in their houses * they have self-gov.

Do I need to know all options, or is enough to list only one (. Q12: everyone must follow the law, Q61: they didn't have self-gov.). 

I know that w/ some questions (. Q11 and Q28) the possible answers are worded differently, but with certain ones, they are not the same but different options (. Q2, 12, 14, 37, 53, 61, 77, 85, 95). 

I've been only memorizing only one answer for each question (unless it specifically asks for 2 or 3 things, eg. original states question), but I want to make sure that's ok. The booklet doesn't really specify it....

It's worth knowing that the IO doesn't want you to give more than you need to, as they need to write down everything you say. From what I've read, people who've taken the civics part say it's quick - that was the case with me. So unless you give an answer that veers off from exactly what is says in the book, the IO will accept your correct - and short - response. Put it this way, they are not going to ask you for George Washington's inside leg measurement. ;) 

Maybe I'm just paranoid, my interview is getting close...

If you're asking questions like this, then you are more than ready. You've got this! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

54 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

If you have time to dig around on VJ, you'll find a series of civics posts from an IO whose advice helped me. I don't think they are active on here anymore, but my response below is pretty much based on their recommendations. And it helped me to feel more confident going in to the interview. 

Not long now! Good luck and I hope this helps! 

(Here's how I tackled my study and responses for interview... I passed. :) )

Thank you! Yes, I have read that post from a (former?) IO that I'm pretty sure you've recommended a while back. (THANK YOU!) I started w/ 10 Qs at a time and now I go through all 100 w/out an issue. I started having my husband ask me Qs, so I'm used to someone questioning me and practicing out loud (instead of mumbling to myself lol). I just kinda freaked out, cuz I really only learned one answer for each question (except for the few that asks for 2 or 3 examples). I know the interview is quick, and especially w/ combi, they don't have time nor probably want to mess around. Anyways, thanks so much, this helps! 

Sounds like you are right on track to pass with flying colours. 😊

You might want to get your husband to test you asking 6 and then up to 10 random questions as that’s the only thing I didn’t do. I got tested on all 100 every time (after I got more confident) and at the interview, it was odd to stop when I got the first 6 right! 

It’s not a big deal but it did sort of throw me a bit as it felt like I was just warming up. LOL. 

30 minutes ago, Butterfly83 said:

Thank you! Yes, I have read that post from a (former?) IO that I'm pretty sure you've recommended a while back. (THANK YOU!) I started w/ 10 Qs at a time and now I go through all 100 w/out an issue. I started having my husband ask me Qs, so I'm used to someone questioning me and practicing out loud (instead of mumbling to myself lol). I just kinda freaked out, cuz I really only learned one answer for each question (except for the few that asks for 2 or 3 examples). I know the interview is quick, and especially w/ combi, they don't have time nor probably want to mess around. Anyways, thanks so much, this helps! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

Do you have a problem signing in and open the documents tab or its just me? I was trying to see my date for the oath ceremony- but It keeps telling me that there is a problem. ( as you can see from the picture below). I have a problem opening every single document that USCIS sent me as a notice. 

Can someone please do me a favor and check on the account also?  I will be more than thankful. 

7EE6DC4B-A5C7-48AF-8A1B-821E98CFE67C.jpeg

Yup, getting the same as you...

1 hour ago, Greencardchicago said:

Hi guys,

Do you have a problem signing in and open the documents tab or its just me? I was trying to see my date for the oath ceremony- but It keeps telling me that there is a problem. ( as you can see from the picture below). I have a problem opening every single document that USCIS sent me as a notice. 

Can someone please do me a favor and check on the account also?  I will be more than thankful. 

7EE6DC4B-A5C7-48AF-8A1B-821E98CFE67C.jpeg

Outcome

45 minutes ago, GoodbyeGirl said:

Yup, getting the same as you...

same here. And they only sent me notification today for something they did 3 days ago which is just weird. My 10 year GC went from Card being produced to Case was Approved on 04/22 and 04/23 respectively but online status only changed last night. Text and email alerts none for either.

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Checked the case status today and says that my interview has been scheduled.

Submitted 10/10/18

Bio appointment 10/23/18

Los Angeles local office

I-751 still pending, so I assume, I'll have a combo interview.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My interview is scheduled. Yey! The letter isn't showing online yet. Finally some damn movement!  I'm in LA. 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I finally have my interview scheduled for tomorrow at 8am in Charlotte NC. I will update everyone how it goes and what questions are asked. Hoping for a same day Oath ceremony as well. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
8 hours ago, Malmond said:

I finally have my interview scheduled for tomorrow at 8am in Charlotte NC. I will update everyone how it goes and what questions are asked. Hoping for a same day Oath ceremony as well. Wishing everyone the best of luck!

I have my interview in Charlotte Nc tmr at 8:35am. Good luck to you. Please share your experience .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.