nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
9 hours ago, sjoy321 said:

We just received notice that the interview has been scheduled! The letter hasn't arrived yet and it's not been uploaded onto USICS yet but I imagine it'll be within the next few weeks. Any advice? 

Got the date - April 17th! 

For those that have had their interview - how long after that until you were approved/had the oath ceremony?

July 2014 - Married in Seoul, Korea

October 2014 - Applied for 2-year Green Card

April 2015 - Arrived in America

January 2017 - Applied for I-751

May 2018 - Case Approved

May 2018 - Received 10-year green card

October 2018 - Applied for N-400

March 13, 2019 - Received interview date (April 17th)

Thank you!

My first invitation letter was for the N400 only, so I raised an inquiry and my local office mailed confirmation that I'd be having a combi interview, but that's all they said. About 1.5 weeks before my N400 interview, I got the formal i-751 interview invitation, for the same date/time, and this included a checklist of required documents. That was a stress fest as they wanted tax transcripts which I didn't have. 

So my advice would be to raise an online inquiry to confirm what kind of interview you'll be having, and whatever comes back, take your spouse. And if you don't have them, order tax transcripts for the past 3 years.

Good luck. :) 

1 hour ago, Elmkiety said:

@GoodbyeGirl Congratulations! I have a question for you...! 

When you received the Interview Mail did it state that it was a combo interview and your partner needs to come with you ? Or it just said Citizenship Interview? Because im confused i receive a letter only saying Citizenship Interview while my i751 is still pending and my husband won’t be going with me since the letter didn’t mention that he needs to be present!!!

please let me know about the letter that you received for Interview what does it say ?

Thank you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Good luck today @Nikolas2017 - let us know how you get on. 👍🏻

On 3/11/2019 at 7:11 PM, Nikolas2017 said:

I had the same thing . I had the 751 and the 400 form . I went to the interview alone and everything was fine but the officer said I had to take my wife with me. and after the interview, he gave me a 692 form that says I passed the test and the decision can't be made yet. after 2 weeks of waiting, my wife and I caught our officer leaving. and we asked him and he said that we would have a second interview with his wife . then another month passed and came form 52 . in this document it is written to come together with the wife and to bring proofs . this Friday, March 15, I will have a second interview. 45 I was nervous and now I'm just waiting to see what happens.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, nompish said:

OMG!!! just got an N400 interview notification!! yessss!!! ( after i am done screaming around the office i will wait until tomorrow to log in to see my interview date lol!)

Congrats!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 8:11 PM, Nikolas2017 said:

I had the same thing . I had the 751 and the 400 form . I went to the interview alone and everything was fine but the officer said I had to take my wife with me. and after the interview, he gave me a 692 form that says I passed the test and the decision can't be made yet. after 2 weeks of waiting, my wife and I caught our officer leaving. and we asked him and he said that we would have a second interview with his wife . then another month passed and came form 52 . in this document it is written to come together with the wife and to bring proofs . this Friday, March 15, I will have a second interview. 45 I was nervous and now I'm just waiting to see what happens.

@Nikolas2017 any news from your interview today?? 🙏🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻🤞🏻

Edited by a.t.j24

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
1 hour ago, nompish said:

OMG!!! just got an N400 interview notification!! yessss!!! ( after i am done screaming around the office i will wait until tomorrow to log in to see my interview date lol!)

See. I told you. 😉😉😉

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
2 hours ago, a.t.j24 said:

let's start. I came with my wife at 9.45 in the morning to the immigration office . and we didn't even wait a minute, and the officer who interrogated me 45 days ago came out . and he said my wife comes first . they went inside the building together . I was worried. wife was gone 45 minutes.     then the officer called me and started all over again . where we met and where we work. 100 questions again . then he says that I came with a tourist visa. and he asked if the goal was to stay in the us. I told the truth that there was no such purpose. and that I married for love . then they found a mistake about my pre-marriage. and asked about my ex-wife . then began most ghastly ((((((((((((((((((((( I was told that they can not give me citizenship because I was outside the United States for more than 85 days . that surprised me.............. I said that 700 days from three years I was in the us.  then he started talking to me loudly . then he said that he would go and speak to a supervisor . and after gave me a paper and give only a green card 

Timeline
2 hours ago, a.t.j24 said:

then I left the room and my wife and I went home.(((((( and us still said wait letter (I in sadness

Timeline
3 hours ago, a.t.j24 said:

I checked the status of my case an hour ago !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they issued a new map me!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD!!!

New Card Is Being Produced

On March 15, 2019, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number 

Timeline
3 hours ago, a.t.j24 said:

LOOK, EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT'S GOING ON!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY SAID THEY WILL NOT APPROVE MY CASE FOR CITIZENSHIP AND LEFT WITH NO HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt 

Timeline

I CAN NOT BELIEVE !!!!!! O MY GOD!!!

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt 

3 hours ago, nompish said:

Great. Now they think South Africans are crazy...... ;) 

26 minutes ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Great. Now they think South Africans are crazy...... ;) 

I mean they are :)

Finally! Yes!

Congrats, happy for you. :) 

5 hours ago, nompish said:

Outcome

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.