nompish

N-400 October 2018 Filers

1,465 posts in this topic

Congrats!! This is encouraging to me because El Paso, TX is 11.5 to 18.5 months for N-400 processing. my local office is the same so I hope to see something soon! im sure everyone else is too :D

17 hours ago, twinkeedoodles said:

I am so happy!!!! I can't believe it!

Filed i751 November 22,2017 CSC
Filed N400 October 22,2018
Biometrics November 16, 2018
Filed transferred to NBC December 21,2018

My local office is El Paso, TX

20190104_154602.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
35 minutes ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Congrats!! This is encouraging to me because El Paso, TX is 11.5 to 18.5 months for N-400 processing. my local office is the same so I hope to see something soon! im sure everyone else is too :D

This post give me hope. My office is 8.5 month to 14 months

3 hours ago, NeedMoreCoffee said:

Thank you!!! Just be patient!!! I honestly think that processing times are just a guide and not to be followed religiously. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Looks like there has been a lot of good news lately for people!  I filed on October 28, did biometrics on November 23, was scheduled for a February 6 interview on Jan. 2 but had to sent in a request to reschedule which made me nervous based on the horror stories I've read here.  I sent in the request to Buffalo on Friday Jan. 4, it was received yesterday (Monday Jan. 7) and this morning I got a notice that on January 7 they already rescheduled my interview.  I'll post back when the new date posts to my account. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
36 minutes ago, rsz said:

Filed N-400 October 8, 2018. Biometrics walk in October 19, 2018. Interview January 7, 2019 with approval.

Hello Did you filled in Charlotte NC? When did you they schedule your interview? I filed on Oct 30 . Hopefully I’ll have it soon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Update on my request to reschedule- original interview date was February 6, they immediately rescheduled me once they got my request, new date is February 14.  

That's great and what a romantic way to celebrate getting your citizenship. :)

3 hours ago, jefferyd said:

Update on my request to reschedule- original interview date was February 6, they immediately rescheduled me once they got my request, new date is February 14.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current status: UK and USA citizen

12-Mar-19: I-751 (WAC18026) + N400 combi interview

Outcome

16 Mar-19: I-751 ~ Green Card in Hand (from submission to card delivery, 17 months)

19 Apr-19:  N400 ~ Naturalization Oath Ceremony, certificate in-hand! (from submission to oath, 6 months)

1 May 19: Voter registration card in-hand

3 May 19: USA passport in-hand

11 May 19: New SSN card in-hand

Did you guys start studying for the civics test yet or will start to cram when you get your interview notice? I am so lost what to do...what if I get lucky and I get a notice in the next month...but if takes a year or so, studying is pointless now...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Just now, Butterfly83 said:

Did you guys start studying for the civics test yet or will start to cram when you get your interview notice? I am so lost what to do...what if I get lucky and I get a notice in the next month...but if takes a year or so, studying is pointless now...

Being prepared is NEVER pointless!

1 minute ago, gregcrs2 said:

Being prepared is NEVER pointless!

Personally, if I start studying now but my test is in a year, it is actually not beneficial for me...so it would make me less prepared I think... Most questions I know the answers for but some names and all dates, I am so bad at...

10 minutes ago, Butterfly83 said:

Personally, if I start studying now but my test is in a year, it is actually not beneficial for me...so it would make me less prepared I think... Most questions I know the answers for but some names and all dates, I am so bad at...

I downloaded an app from the AppStore and got 96% of the answers correct before i even opened that book they gave. No point in studying now. Will read the book a week before my interview cos truth be told my knowledge of American civics is pretty good and i am confident one week or a few days is enough to pass the test

K-1 Journey

2015 01 14 : I-129F Mailed

2015 01 22: NOA-2

2015 03 09 : Packet 3 Received

2015 05 19 : Interview - PASSED (K-1 Visa Approved)

2015 08 19 : Arrived U.S.

2015 10 30 : Married :dance:

AOS Journey

11/05/2015: AOS Package Mailed

11/07/2015: AOS Delivered

11/15/2015: NOAx3 text and email received

11/18/2015: NOAx3 received via mail date 11/10/2015

11/26/2015: Received biometrics letter scheduled for 12/10/2015

12/10/2015: Biometrics completed

01/08/2016: Case status update I-485 "New card being produced"

01/10/2016: Case status update I-485 "Case approved"

01/12/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card was mailed to me"

01/13/2016: Case status update I-485 "My Card picked up by USPS

01/15/2016: GREENCARD IN HAND!! DONE FOR NOW!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I have a terrible memory so I started studying as soon as I applied. Maybe once a week or so, just reading through the questions to get used to them. My interview is on Tuesday so I've spent the last couple of weeks doing quizzes on one of the apps. At least give the questions a read through every now and then until you get an interview date.

ill start studying when I get the interview notice. My luck if i start studying now, the interview notice will come in 6 months and by that time ive forgotten everything xD. Today marks my 3 years as a Permanent Resident. #Milestones :D hope we can get some interview notices soon! Good luck everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.