Voice of Reason

Christine Blasey Ford ex-boyfriend says she helped friend prep for potential polygraph; Grassley sounds alarm

125 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

And the plot thins...

In a letter released Tuesday and obtained by Fox News, an ex-boyfriend of Christine Blasey Ford, the California professor accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, seemingly contradicts her testimony under oath last week that she had never helped anyone prepare for a polygraph examination.

The former boyfriend, whose name was redacted, also said Ford neither mentioned Kavanaugh nor said she was a victim of sexual misconduct during the time they were dating from about 1992 to 1998. He said he saw Ford helping a woman he believed was her "life-long best friend" prepare for a potential polygraph test. He added that the woman had been interviewing for jobs with the FBI and U.S. Attorney's office.

He also claimed Ford never voiced any fear of flying (even while aboard a propeller plane) and seemingly had no problem living in a small, 500 sq. ft. apartment with one door -- apparently contradicting her claims that she could not testify promptly in D.C. because she felt uncomfortable traveling on planes, as well as her suggestion that her memories of Kavanuagh's alleged assault prompted her to feel unsafe living in a closed space or one without a second front door.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/christine-blasey-ford-ex-boyfriend-says-she-helped-friend-prep-for-potential-polygraph-grassley-sounds-alarm

28 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

If th is is true she is guilty of perjury and should be prosecuted for it. Wonder if the FBI will dig deeper into this in their investigation.

Nope.  Lucky for her, she cannot be accused of lying.  She can simply claim faulty memories.

I never told a soul of my sexual assault until 7 years later. My friend only talked about being abused as a child when she was in her late 20s.

That does not mean I’m lying or my friend is lying.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, ivyanddan said:

I never told a soul of my sexual assault until 7 years later. My friend only talked about being abused as a child when she was in her late 20s.

I don't think this was the point.  On direct questioning, CBF was asked if she ever had taken a polygraph, or assisted anyone in preparing for a polygraph and she said no.  This clearly refutes those answers and brings into question her overall credibility and makes it look like she may have been just doing this for political purposes.  I know, why would a woman put herself through this for political purposes, well, she has gotten a lot of sympathy (even if it was proven she lied, would you stop being sympathetic to her?), quite a bit of GoFundMe donations, she will be a pundit source for many of the leftist media types in the future, and as was already brought up she has financial ties to the abortion industry through her work with the company that makes RU486.  Much of her social media footprint has been scrubbed, so we don't know about her potential activism activities, but I can see a lot of upside for her in claiming a sexual assault that cannot be proven against a Trump nominee that the DNC has vowed to fight (and attempt to destroy personally).  Heck, the DNC has been running on the theory that it is just the allegation that matters, and proof means nothing (remember Harry Reid's allegation that Mit Romney didn't pay taxes, completely false, but Reid didn't care).  If she is just doing this for political purposes, I think she does damage to those people that are actually sexually assaulted.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

If what was said in the letter is true that means almost everything she said is a lie. A lot of it can be verified or disproven easily by the FBI in their investigation. For example they could easily verify or disprove her story about being scared to fly by looking at her flight records (from what's already out there her story about being afraid to fly appears to be a lie). I think its one thing to remember things incorrectly or forget things but if it is proven she blatantly lied about certain things she should be charged with perjury. However the FBI investigation will likely only look into Kavanaugh and not her unfortunately.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

If what was said in the letter is true that means almost everything she said is a lie. A lot of it can be verified or disproven easily by the FBI in their investigation. For example they could easily verify or disprove her story about being scared to fly by looking at her flight records (from what's already out there her story about being afraid to fly appears to be a lie). I think its one thing to remember things incorrectly or forget things but if it is proven she blatantly lied about certain things she should be charged with perjury. However the FBI investigation will likely only look into Kavanaugh and not her unfortunately.

That was one of the things I found most interesting about her testimony.  She all but said she was not afraid of flying, she just wanted to do the questioning in CA.  Well, that brings to question the actions of her?? lawyers as the SJC had offered to go to her more than a week earlier.  I was out of the country at the time, but I still heard about that offer.  All of this is starting to fall apart for the DNC senators and is really looking more and more like a political hit job orchestrated by the DNC.  I would not be surprised that they weren't out looking for anyone that had any contact with Kavanaugh over the years.  To me, he must be a pretty good guy if the best they could find were tenuous allegations from 35-36 years ago?  Now the DNC is saying he was too forceful at the hearing last week.  I guess the DNC types expect anyone they decide to destroy personally and professionally to lie there an take it since they are such good people (sarcasm intended).

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

7 hours ago, ivyanddan said:

What you are describing is, sadly, the norm.  No one is accusing you nor your friend of lying.  But with all the holes that keep popping up in this case (her “fear of flying”, her inability to remember when her polygraph was, or who paid for it, when the assault actually took place, etc.), I for one have a hard time believing her story.  And if she IS lying, she is doing sexual assault victims a huge disservice by committing perjury for political reasons.

If she is telling the truth, but she has picked the wrong guy with her flagging memories on the matter, she is doing the Kavanaugh family a huge disservice.

3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

That was one of the things I found most interesting about her testimony.  She all but said she was not afraid of flying, she just wanted to do the questioning in CA.  Well, that brings to question the actions of her?? lawyers as the SJC had offered to go to her more than a week earlier.  I was out of the country at the time, but I still heard about that offer.  All of this is starting to fall apart for the DNC senators and is really looking more and more like a political hit job orchestrated by the DNC.  I would not be surprised that they weren't out looking for anyone that had any contact with Kavanaugh over the years.  To me, he must be a pretty good guy if the best they could find were tenuous allegations from 35-36 years ago?  Now the DNC is saying he was too forceful at the hearing last week.  I guess the DNC types expect anyone they decide to destroy personally and professionally to lie there an take it since they are such good people (sarcasm intended).

Personally I think he was pretty restrained given the circumstances. If it was me I would have called the democrats on their bluff in the middle of the hearing but that is why I will never run for political office. I wouldn't be "professional" enough.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

5 hours ago, Satisfied said:

What you are describing is, sadly, the norm.  No one is accusing you nor your friend of lying.  But with all the holes that keep popping up in this case (her “fear of flying”, her inability to remember when her polygraph was, or who paid for it, when the assault actually took place, etc.), I for one have a hard time believing her story.  And if she IS lying, she is doing sexual assault victims a huge disservice by committing perjury for political reasons.

If she is telling the truth, but she has picked the wrong guy with her flagging memories on the matter, she is doing the Kavanaugh family a huge disservice.

I was assaulted in 2010. I can’t remember what he looks like, I don’t know his name, I don’t even know why I was on that crowded bus. All I know is he assaulted me for what felt like an hour but was really just 5 minutes... and I remember that feeling of being violated.

Since then, I’ve had a fear of being in crowds, but if you wanna look at my history, you can’t say I’ve avoided crowds entirely. I also don’t ride public transportation if I could, but I still ride them out of necessity.

By the logic presented by most people trying to find so-called “holes”, I’m lying about my assault because I don’t panic when I’m in a crowd or when I’m on public transportation.

Less than 5% of people that report sexual violence are false claims. That’s been consistent in a lot of national and state surveys.

With that statistic, that means there’s a 95% chance that Judge Kavanaugh committed a sexual assault.

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.

Audre Lorde

3 minutes ago, ivyanddan said:

I was assaulted in 2010. I can’t remember what he looks like, I don’t know his name, I don’t even know why I was on that crowded bus. All I know is he assaulted me for what felt like an hour but was really just 5 minutes... and I remember that feeling of being violated.

Since then, I’ve had a fear of being in crowds, but if you wanna look at my history, you can’t say I’ve avoided crowds entirely. I also don’t ride public transportation if I could, but I still ride them out of necessity.

By the logic presented by most people trying to find so-called “holes”, I’m lying about my assault because I don’t panic when I’m in a crowd or when I’m on public transportation.

Less than 5% of people that report sexual violence are false claims. That’s been consistent in a lot of national and state surveys.

With that statistic, that means there’s a 95% chance that Judge Kavanaugh committed a sexual assault.

You dont work for 538 by any chance do you ?

Edited by Marty Byrde

7 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I don't think this was the point.  On direct questioning, CBF was asked if she ever had taken a polygraph, or assisted anyone in preparing for a polygraph and she said no.  This clearly refutes those answers and brings into question her overall credibility and makes it look like she may have been just doing this for political purposes.  I know, why would a woman put herself through this for political purposes, well, she has gotten a lot of sympathy (even if it was proven she lied, would you stop being sympathetic to her?), quite a bit of GoFundMe donations, she will be a pundit source for many of the leftist media types in the future, and as was already brought up she has financial ties to the abortion industry through her work with the company that makes RU486.  Much of her social media footprint has been scrubbed, so we don't know about her potential activism activities, but I can see a lot of upside for her in claiming a sexual assault that cannot be proven against a Trump nominee that the DNC has vowed to fight (and attempt to destroy personally).  Heck, the DNC has been running on the theory that it is just the allegation that matters, and proof means nothing (remember Harry Reid's allegation that Mit Romney didn't pay taxes, completely false, but Reid didn't care).  If she is just doing this for political purposes, I think she does damage to those people that are actually sexually assaulted.

I don’t understand why people keep trying to treat this as if Dr Blasey Ford has to prove beyond reasonable doubt that he assaulted her. Arguments being made to discredit her are clearly just to create the story of a conspiracy against Judge Kavanaugh. 

Just because a woman aligns herself with women’s rights (which used to be a Republican agenda, FYI) does not prove she’s a political pawn for the other party.

Audre Lorde

7 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Enlighten me.

Audre Lorde

22 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Oh, I looked it up. How cute.

Nope. I know sexual violence statistics, because I’m a highly educated female immigrant.

Edited by ivyanddan

Audre Lorde