DavidJags929

Visa question (Urgent)

14 posts in this topic

I am traveling to the Philippines on the 8th of October and I am staying from october 10th to november 12th..

I would like to know where I can get a 1 month tourist visa at, please.

Do I need the visa to enter the philippines on october 10th to stay until november 12th because I have been to the philippines once before and I stayed a total of 30 days on my passport?

Would the Customs agent allow me to enter and schedule a day for me to get the extension on top of my stay for 30 days?  Please help and thank you

~~moved to Philippines discussion from tourist visas.  OP is not looking to get a tourist visa for the USA~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

IF you have US Passport you get automatic 30 days entry.

IF you want to stay longer you can apply when you enter. Or go apply later if needed, they have companies that will do that for you if you wish, or you can do it in person.  You used to have to wear jeans to apply, don't know if that is still the rule but I would think it is.

Edited by Chris Duffy

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

8 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

IF you have US Passport you get automatic 30 days entry.

they have companies that will do that for you if you wish, or you can do it in person.  You used to have to wear jeans to apply, don't know if that is 

Thank you for the answer Mr. Chris..the more answers I get the better...

I know I can goto the consulate in cebu at the waterfront hotel..which other places do the extension of stay besides the consulate?

2 minutes ago, DavidJags929 said:

Thank you for the answer Mr. Chris..the more answers I get the better...

I know I can goto the consulate in cebu at the waterfront hotel..which other places do the extension of stay besides the consulate?

No sir, you do not go to the US Consulate to get a extension on Philippine passport. You go to a Philippine Immigration office for that. Where will you be staying, Cebu? If we found out what island then we can help you with the specific office to go to. 

I have overstayed the given days before and they charge 3000 pesos for overstaying. I was able to go back to the Philippines with no issues. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, DavidJags929 said:

I am traveling to the Philippines on the 8th of October and I am staying from october 10th to november 12th..

I would like to know where I can get a 1 month tourist visa at, please.

Do I need the visa to enter the philippines on october 10th to stay until november 12th because I have been to the philippines once before and I stayed a total of 30 days on my passport?

Would the Customs agent allow me to enter and schedule a day for me to get the extension on top of my stay for 30 days?  Please help and thank you

You automatically get a 30 day tourist visa upon entry into the Philippines.  Being you will be there longer than 30 days  .. you can request a 59 day visa at the immigration booth upon entry or go to the Bureau of Immigration to get a 59 day visa.    

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

7 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

No sir, you do not go to the US Consulate to get a extension on Philippine passport. You go to a Philippine Immigration office for that. Where will you be staying, Cebu? If we found out what island then we can help you with the specific office to go to. 

I have overstayed the given days before and they charge 3000 pesos for overstaying. I was able to go back to the Philippines with no issues. 

I'll be staying in cebu island and that will be in argao, cebu, philippines.

I'd like to know what office to goto. And do you have evidence you were charged for overstaying because I dont want to take any chances.

7 hours ago, Hank_ said:

You automatically get a 30 day tourist visa upon entry into the Philippines.  Being you will be there longer than 30 days  .. you can request a 59 day visa at the immigration booth upon entry or go to the Bureau of Immigration to get a 59 day visa.    

Thanks for the answer Hank...I'll be sure to look for the immigration booth at the airport before leaving the airport upon my arrival.

Another question is...how much is the extension to the 30 days?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, DavidJags929 said:

Thanks for the answer Hank...I'll be sure to look for the immigration booth at the airport before leaving the airport upon my arrival.

Another question is...how much is the extension to the 30 days?

You don't have to look for it, you will be standing there with your passport as you enter the Philippines.   Just tell them you would like a 59 day visa .. they may send to you another person but it can get handled at the airport

30 days is free and automatic.   They don't offer a 2nd 30 .. which is why I keep saying 59 days    Last time I did it the cost was about P3,000 if memory serves

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

14 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You don't have to look for it, you will be standing there with your passport as you enter the Philippines.   Just tell them you would like a 59 day visa .. they may send to you another person but it can get handled at the airport

30 days is free and automatic.   They don't offer a 2nd 30 .. which is why I keep saying 59 days    Last time I did it the cost was about P3,000 if memory serves

Another question Hank. 

How long does it take to recieve the 59 day extension and what is the cost?

Timeline
1 minute ago, DavidJags929 said:

Another question Hank. 

How long does it take to recieve the 59 day extension and what is the cost?

Took me about 20 minutes, but I didn't have PHP so they were running around to get me change from a $20

Don't know the exact current fee, I don't get those anymore

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.