Scaret_e

Cr1 visa spouse

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good evening everyone. I’m a USA citizen, I just wanted to know if I was gonna file cr1 visa what do I need to do to get married in the phillipines.

(I’m here now in the phillipines)

My fiancé and I have a beautiful daughter my first goal was to do the k1 visa so we can be together no more of me flying back and forth. 

so when I started asking what’s the process for a k1 visa they gave me their opinion and also the cr1 visa came up because you get evrything at once meaning while fiancé wouldn’t have to wait for 4-6 months for a green card and working permit. 

So whats the process for cr1 visa ??

i know that I have to get proof of singleness??

i have spoken to a lawyer and said that I would have to go to the USA embassy in Manila, not a problem only thing is how do I get an appt for it? Also what’s the time frame??

11 minutes ago, Scaret_e said:

Good evening everyone. I’m a USA citizen, I just wanted to know if I was gonna file cr1 visa what do I need to do to get married in the phillipines.

My fiancé and I have a beautiful daughter my first goal was to do the k1 visa so we can be together no more of me flying back and forth. 

so when I started asking what’s the process for a k1 visa they gave me their opinion and also the cr1 visa came up because you get evrything at once meaning while fiancé wouldn’t have to wait for 4-6 months for a green card and working permit. 

i have spoken to a lawyer and said that I would have to go to the USA embassy in Manila, not a problem only thing is how do I get an appt for it? Also what’s the time frame??

You have to make a appt at the US Embassy Manila website for the affidavit that you are single. Then take that to the local burangay to fill out the marriage license and get that back after 10 days. Then you can get married by a local official. If you want to do a church wedding it could take longer. 

I will move your this post to the Philippines subforum for better responses 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You have to make a appt at the US Embassy Manila website for the affidavit that you are single. Then take that to the local burangay to fill out the marriage license and get that back after 10 days. Then you can get married by a local official. If you want to do a church wedding it could take longer. 

I will move your this post to the Philippines subforum for better responses 

Thanks cyber, anyway I read on it 

What are your thoughts can I do this in Cebu it doesn’t require an appointment 

F5E00E1E-8D5D-43B5-AA89-2A347FC76748.png

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scaret_e said:

Marriage in the Philippines: 

USEM info - Getting Married

You will need a Legal Capacity To Marry document,  “Affidavit In Lieu of Certificate of Legal Capacity to Marry” ,  from USEM (U.S. embassy in Manila), to make an appointment click HERE.

If getting married in Makati, Quezon City or Davao City you will need to get a PSA CENOMAR as these cities will not accept the embassy affidavit.

https://psa.gov.ph/civil-registration-page 

The process to file the I-130:    http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/i-130-petition-process.html

You state your and your fiancee have a daughter, did you complete CRBA for the child?   If not, that will need to be completed

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/crba.html

56 minutes ago, Scaret_e said:

Thanks cyber, anyway I read on it 

What are your thoughts can I do this in Cebu it doesn’t require an appointment 

F5E00E1E-8D5D-43B5-AA89-2A347FC76748.png

CEBU consular agency is just fine also.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Yes my daughter got her crba 

I tried to get her a ssn but I was denied due to she’s not living with me, but same time I’m supporting them as well. From what I was told that my fiancé would have to file it for me but what’s the process here in the phillipines 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Scaret_e said:

Yes my daughter got her crba 

I tried to get her a ssn but I was denied due to she’s not living with me, but same time I’m supporting them as well. From what I was told that my fiancé would have to file it for me but what’s the process here in the phillipines 

Glad to hear that CRBA was handled.   Some don't know to do it ...

I know there is an SSA office at the embassy but that is it ..

https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

It is best for her to go to her local municipal and ask all of the requirements for marrying a foreigner. That is the only way to be sure as each region and municipality differs to some degree. Also it is VERY important to request that the local registrar expedite your marriage certificate (once you are married) to the PSA in Manila so make sure she asks about that. Some will charge a fee but it is worth it. When I flew in for my wedding I landed in Manila. We stayed at a hotel a block from the embassy. I booked my appointment for 10 am. We woke up, ate breakfast, I went and got affidavit and then we headed to her home in Bulacan. After we arrived we went to the municipal building and applied for our marriage license. That takes 10 (working) days. 2 weeks later we got the license and got married a few days after.

I agree in getting the CR 1 over the K1.

9 hours ago, RO_AH said:

It is best for her to go to her local municipal and ask all of the requirements for marrying a foreigner. That is the only way to be sure as each region and municipality differs to some degree. Also it is VERY important to request that the local registrar expedite your marriage certificate (once you are married) to the PSA in Manila so make sure she asks about that. Some will charge a fee but it is worth it. When I flew in for my wedding I landed in Manila. We stayed at a hotel a block from the embassy. I booked my appointment for 10 am. We woke up, ate breakfast, I went and got affidavit and then we headed to her home in Bulacan. After we arrived we went to the municipal building and applied for our marriage license. That takes 10 (working) days. 2 weeks later we got the license and got married a few days after.

I agree in getting the CR 1 over the K1.

Absolutely!!!!  Excellent post.  We were able to get our PSA marriage certificate in 1 week since we asked for it to be expedited.  They said some take 6 months since they wait to have a few before they send them to PSA.  We went to the Embassy for the affidavit on a Thursday morning and we went to the local registrar on Thursday afternoon fort the license.  I came back to the states and then return to the Philippines 2 weeks later for the wedding.

We did the K-1 and we are now doing the CR-1.  The CR-1 is definitely a better option.  I am actually happy things worked out this way.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Its best to follow this from the US Embassy Manila for CRBA and passport than any website. Get it from the horses mouth. USEM great step by step instructions. https://ph.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/child-family-matters/birth/

Timeline

There in nothing in the CRBA info about getting an SSN for a child while outside the USA.   My gut says it won't happen until he is in the USA.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.