749 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi @Sanjana dogra  @Heather & Shahbaz  @ajay007  In Mumbai at the time of the interview does the beneficiary have to submit any original documents other than Passport? If yes, do they return it to you with the visa package?

Edited by A_R

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, A_R said:

Hi @Sanjana dogra  @Heather & Shahbaz  @ajay007  In Mumbai at the time of the interview does the beneficiary have to submit any original documents other than Passport? If yes, do they return it to you with the visa package?

They will keep the original financial documents which you have got from the petitioner. Apart from that they only see original birth certificate and return it to you then and there after verifying it.

Timeline
18 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Hi @Greenbaum 

im done with fee part as well i paid the amt  at axis bank 20,140  (265$)  like an hour ago.  How much does it will take to update bcz i was trying to put cgi number for receipt number it says invalid ? We have to put Cgi number right in receipt number which they asking ?

2 hours ago, Jas1305 said:

Hi @Greenbaum 

im done with fee part as well i paid the amt  at axis bank 20,140  (265$)  like an hour ago.  How much does it will take to update bcz i was trying to put cgi number for receipt number it says invalid ? We have to put Cgi number right in receipt number which they asking ?

•  

Normally it should be posted 12-24 hrs after payment.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Normally it should be posted 12-24 hrs after payment.

And i have to put the cgi reference number to proceed right ? 

Edited by Jas1305

1 hour ago, Jas1305 said:

And i have to put the cgi reference number to proceed right ? 

Use the receipt number from your payment.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Use the receipt number from your payment.

I got 2 reference number cgi no which is from embassy fee portal one from bank ie bank reference number ? 

I think cgi will work @A_R  you used cgi reference number ?

19 minutes ago, Jas1305 said:

I got 2 reference number cgi no which is from embassy fee portal one from bank ie bank reference number ? 

I think cgi will work @A_R  you used cgi reference number ?

Try either one and see what works. You are not going to fail by doing this. So give it your best shot.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline
12 hours ago, A_R said:

you have to carry original affidavit of support with originally signed by petitioner and passport,birth certificate,pcc,medical.if you got approved they will send you back with visa packet.

Edited by ajay007

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 10/12/2018 at 5:10 AM, A_R said:

By bank reference number do you mean UTR no. (Unique Transaction Reference No.) ??

No, I don't think medical report is required for VAC. They aren't related. Take a copy of your DS-160 Form , VAC appointment confirmation form, fees payment receipt , NOA2 approval for Biometrics.

I havent submitted DS-160 yet but does this OFC date comes while submitting the DS-160 or do we need to schedule separate? My fiance is in Bemgaluru and we had medical in Hyderabad and we ned to go Mumbai consulate. Where will she go for OFC? Any info will help us.

Edited by pknick

Timeline
On 10/20/2018 at 11:08 AM, Heather & Shahbaz said:

They will keep the original financial documents which you have got from the petitioner. Apart from that they only see original birth certificate and return it to you then and there after verifying it.

Thanks, although I know can you please clarify once again what will be the original documents that I receive from the petitioner apart from the i134 form??

Also,For i134 the bank letter to be given by the petitioner should that be signed and sealed by the bank manager of the petitioner as my fiance can generate that letter online on his bank website and it has no sign or seal plus it is in black and white. Will that work?

18 hours ago, ajay007 said:

you have to carry original affidavit of support with originally signed by petitioner and passport,birth certificate,pcc,medical.if you got approved they will send you back with visa packet.

Thanks so much.

Another question - For i134 the bank letter to be given by the petitioner should that be signed and sealed by the bank manager of the petitioner as my fiance can generate that letter online on his bank website and it has no sign or seal plus it is in black and white. Will that work?

Timeline
18 hours ago, pknick said:

I havent submitted DS-160 yet but does this OFC date comes while submitting the DS-160 or do we need to schedule separate? My fiance is in Bemgaluru and we had medical in Hyderabad and we ned to go Mumbai consulate. Where will she go for OFC? Any info will help us.

No they don't come with the DS-160.

After you submit the DS-160 you have to schedule your appointments on US travel doc website - here you book your biometrics n visa interview appointment. She can do biometrics in Hyderabad no problem. I am also doing my OFC  n medical in Delhi.

Hope that helps.

Timeline
2 hours ago, A_R said:

Thanks, although I know can you please clarify once again what will be the original documents that I receive from the petitioner apart from the i134 form??

Also,For i134 the bank letter to be given by the petitioner should that be signed and sealed by the bank manager of the petitioner as my fiance can generate that letter online on his bank website and it has no sign or seal plus it is in black and white. Will that work?

Thanks so much.

Another question - For i134 the bank letter to be given by the petitioner should that be signed and sealed by the bank manager of the petitioner as my fiance can generate that letter online on his bank website and it has no sign or seal plus it is in black and white. Will that work?

i134 in original and signed, employment paper from your petitioner in original and signed by the employer stating the wages and date of joining and nature of employment (part time or full time), w2, pay stubs, tax return.

I took 3 year's tax return of the petitioner but they took only the latest one.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Heather & Shahbaz said:

i134 in original and signed, employment paper from your petitioner in original and signed by the employer stating the wages and date of joining and nature of employment (part time or full time), w2, pay stubs, tax return.

I took 3 year's tax return of the petitioner but they took only the latest one.

What about the bank letter of the petitioner was that also original??

Timeline

@SMcNally 

Hi, in your review you said that they always ask for Embassy letter along with a copy of your i129f. What does that

mean? Could you please clarify “copy of i129f” Do you mean the original package sent to USCIS or something else?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.