skaratso

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When my wife filed for AOS back in December she also filed for an EAD and AP at the same time. We got three receipt numbers, one for each application. When the USCIS created their new case tracking system my wife applied for email updates. Her AOS was adjudicated in March and she got her Green Card that month before the EAD and AP were processed. The EAD and AP cases were closed and when we look up the receipt numbers manually they state that the cases are closed and that the benefits were "obtained by other means." (i.e., the Green Card obviously means that an EAD and AP are no longer necessary).

Since then, my wife gets two emails once a month from the USCIS case tracking system that state "We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time. We last took action on your case on December 14, 2017." We have been ignoring them, but I am wondering if this is happening to anyone else who received their Green Card before their Employment Authorization or Advance Parole cases were completed. Also, any idea how to stop receiving these emails?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

Yes, if you log in, you can check your settings and opt out of receiving updates if nothing happens. I did the same myself as it just gave me false hope while I was waiting for my AOS.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Just adding a few more data points to this thread.  In our case at least, it seems that the USCIS/DHS email notification system doesn't actually do anything.  We signed up for the DHS web site and case monitoring for all 3 cases in April while waiting for the EAD/AP renewal and AOS.  We have received the same email (see attached email) about every 2 weeks, but the entire email is false because no action was taken by USCIS on April 7 and USCIS has taken several actions since then:

1. AOS interview was scheduled in mid October
  2. EAD and AP applications were approved in late October
  3. the combo card was received by mail in early November
  4. AOS interview occurred in late November

We are now waiting for the green card to be mailed, but these email notifications are still saying that USCIS hasn't taken any action since April. 

image.thumb.png.5540563b94b058b0ac07cedc8acab09e.png

K1 Visa Timeline

08/25/2016 - I-129F Packet Sent
08/29/2016 - NOA 1 Received
10/04/2016 - NOA 2 Received (48 days)
10/21/2016 - NVC received packet & assigned case #
11/30/2016 - Interview - Approved!
12/08/2016 - Visa received
01/13/2017 - Arrived in US

From sending I-129F packet until arrival in US: 141 days

AOS Timeline

Spoiler

04/09/2017 - Married 
04/19/2018 - AOS packet sent (I-485, I-131, I-765)
04/25/2017 - AOS packet arrived at USCIS (per USPS)
04/28/2017 - Filing date by USCIS
05/01/2017 - NOA1s notification by email
05/22/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed
07/13/2017 - I-485 case status changed to "We are scheduling your interview"
08/18/2017 - Contacted House representative for help with EAD
08/29/2017 - EAD & AP approved (126 days from packet receipt until approval)
09/08/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrived in mail (expires 08/28/2018)
03/22/2018 - EAD/AP renewal application packet sent
03/29/2018 - EAD/AP renewal application filed
04/02/2018 - EAD case status changed to "We reviewed your biometrics and are still processing"
08/06/2018 - Infopass appointment (3 weeks before EAD expiration)

10/25/2018 - USCIS scheduled interview and mailed letter

10/27/2018 - Infopass appointment #2

11/29/2018 - Interview

12/03/2018 - Case status changed to "Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed"

12/13/2018 - Case status changed to "Case was approved"

2 minutes ago, Joel&Julia said:

Just adding a few more data points to this thread.  In our case at least, it seems that the USCIS/DHS email notification system doesn't actually do anything.  We signed up for the DHS web site and case monitoring for all 3 cases in April while waiting for the EAD/AP renewal and AOS.  We have received the same email (see attached email) about every 2 weeks, but the entire email is false because no action was taken by USCIS on April 7 and USCIS has taken several actions since then:

1. AOS interview was scheduled in mid October
  2. EAD and AP applications were approved in late October
  3. the combo card was received by mail in early November
  4. AOS interview occurred in late November

We are now waiting for the green card to be mailed, but these email notifications are still saying that USCIS hasn't taken any action since April. 

image.thumb.png.5540563b94b058b0ac07cedc8acab09e.png

I sometimes wonder if these emails pull through from the old system too though? 😕 If you're all done with AOS then I'd just turn them off. I'd be annoyed to continue to get them once its all done (for 2 years at least! :) )

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 9:29 AM, emylady said:

I sometimes wonder if these emails pull through from the old system too though? 😕 If you're all done with AOS then I'd just turn them off. I'd be annoyed to continue to get them once its all done (for 2 years at least! :) )

I am just adding a few more data points to this thread. I have religiously gotten the same email every Thursday morning - around the same time. It used to be on Mondays (March through August). Then, it switched to Thursdays. Interestingly enough, the very last Thursday we got it was 12-13-18. So I am wondering if they actually took an action on my case OR are maybe about to.

I know that I have read about SOFT Last UpDate, which some folks call SLUD. They are actions that do not necessarily lead to a hard update. To be clear, a hard update would be "Interview scheduled". A soft update would be that your case is in transit to the field office. 

I suppose I could call, but I am just going to let it be. 🙂

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
21 hours ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

I am just adding a few more data points to this thread. I have religiously gotten the same email every Thursday morning - around the same time. It used to be on Mondays (March through August). Then, it switched to Thursdays. Interestingly enough, the very last Thursday we got it was 12-13-18. So I am wondering if they actually took an action on my case OR are maybe about to.

I know that I have read about SOFT Last UpDate, which some folks call SLUD. They are actions that do not necessarily lead to a hard update. To be clear, a hard update would be "Interview scheduled". A soft update would be that your case is in transit to the field office. 

I suppose I could call, but I am just going to let it be. 🙂

I think it is the Case Inactivity Notification e-mails.

You can turn it off using the myaccount.dhs.uscis.gov website. After logging in and seeing your cases on the top bar there is a menu item called MyAccount From there select Settings then turn off Case Inactivity Notifications.

4 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

I think it is the Case Inactivity Notification e-mails.

You can turn it off using the myaccount.dhs.uscis.gov website. After logging in and seeing your cases on the top bar there is a menu item called MyAccount From there select Settings then turn off Case Inactivity Notifications.

Thank you! I am aware that those email are a result of having the Case Inactivity notification feature turned on. I have actually kept it on. After all, if you do not get the email letting you know that they have not done anything to your case, then maybe it means that they are in fact working on your case. 

A level 2 officer told me about a month ago that our case is on the "pick list" for interview. I also experienced a validation error for a good week after that. And now that I have not gotten the email, i am wondering if it's possible the file is in transit to the field office or already there. It would be early for Minneapolis, MN but it is not unheard of folks gettting the "Interview Scheduled" notification at the 10 month or 11 month mark. 

All the best,

USC4SPOUSE

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.