midwinterrose

​🇨🇷​Pura Vida​🇨🇷​ Costa Rica Filers

240 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
16 hours ago, radharose said:

Hey guys!  We finally got our NOA2 on Friday, so we're back to the waiting game again.  I had a question for those of you who have scheduled your interview already; are you able to pick your interview date, or does the embassy just assign you a date/time, or how does it work?  If you can pick your own date, more or less how booked up are the appointments–how soon can you book an interview?  Also if anyone has the instruction letter that the embassy sends that you would be willing to share, that would be awesome.  Thanks! :star:

For K1, you pick your interview date. You can call  the National Visa Center to get a status on your case. When they send it, it should only take a couple weeks for the case to show as ready on the case tracker. https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx When it says ready you're good to go and you can schedule your interview.  

While your waiting you can prepare financial documents and evidence, and important documents like birth certificate, police record, proof of singleness etc. and you can schedule your medical! 

This should help speed up the process. I've also included attached the packet that they will send in email when the embassy is ready.  It is in English and Spanish. This way you don't have to wait for the email to start preparing for the interview.  I hope this helps! 

packet.pdf

Timeline
3 hours ago, argylejegirl said:

For K1, you pick your interview date. You can call  the National Visa Center to get a status on your case. When they send it, it should only take a couple weeks for the case to show as ready on the case tracker. https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx When it says ready you're good to go and you can schedule your interview.  

While your waiting you can prepare financial documents and evidence, and important documents like birth certificate, police record, proof of singleness etc. and you can schedule your medical! 

This should help speed up the process. I've also included attached the packet that they will send in email when the embassy is ready.  It is in English and Spanish. This way you don't have to wait for the email to start preparing for the interview.  I hope this helps! 

packet.pdf

Thank you so much, this is so helpful!

Congratulations on your approval, that is so exciting!!!  I was looking at previous k1 timelines from Costa Rica and it seemed like 7 days was about average wait time between approval and getting the passport back.  I hope it is that quick, I am hoping to fly down there for the interview and fly back with my fiance within a couple weeks.

Congrats! :dance:

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Timeline
On 10/10/2018 at 10:05 AM, argylejegirl said:

packet.pdf

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The packet comes via email, correct? I've emailed NVC to ensure they have my fiance's (beneficiary) correct email address. How quickly can we expect the packet after it's received by the embassy? 

Also, when I put in our case number for to the tracker, it says:

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
In Transit
Immigrant Visa Case Number: SNJXXXXXXX

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. 

But we definitely did not get any information on an interview date from the NVC??

Also--CONGRATS! Gives me lots of hope to see your timeline :)

Timeline

Hey everybody! 

Couple of questions: 

1. For the medical exam, do I have to have my NOA2 or any other packet from the NVC? Or can I do it to just be ready for the interview eventhough we are still waiting for the case to arrive to the NVC

2. How much time are the medical examinations valid for? 

3. If I’m a translator but not a professional translator, can I translate the documents myself? 

Thank you and PURA VIDA! 

Timeline
On 10/16/2018 at 11:03 PM, cdee098 said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! The packet comes via email, correct? I've emailed NVC to ensure they have my fiance's (beneficiary) correct email address. How quickly can we expect the packet after it's received by the embassy? 

Also, when I put in our case number for to the tracker, it says:

U.S. Department of State
IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION
In Transit
Immigrant Visa Case Number: SNJXXXXXXX

Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center. 

But we definitely did not get any information on an interview date from the NVC??

Also--CONGRATS! Gives me lots of hope to see your timeline :)

Of course :)  ❤️ Glad to help! Yes :) It will come through email, but it will take a long time, so go ahead and use the one I attached to get ready. :) In transit means it's on its way to the consulate! Yay!! :) Soon it will say ready and that's when you can schedule your interview.  here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cr/ or you can call the telephone number 4000-1976 (from Costa Rica) or (703) 745-5475 (from the United States). All this info is also in the packet. Meanwhile you can do your medical stuff and affidavits and civil documents. 

I'm glad my timeline gave you hope! My fiance should be here saturday! :) There is a light at the end of the tunnel! 

16 hours ago, TheFutureMrsBowma said:

Hey everybody! 

Couple of questions: 

1. For the medical exam, do I have to have my NOA2 or any other packet from the NVC? Or can I do it to just be ready for the interview eventhough we are still waiting for the case to arrive to the NVC

2. How much time are the medical examinations valid for? 

3. If I’m a translator but not a professional translator, can I translate the documents myself? 

Thank you and PURA VIDA! 

Hi...Here is what I understand from what I've researched. But look at this website and this note:

VISA INFORMATION:

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cr/cr-iv-requireddocs.asp

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:

1. I thought you only needed to bring your appointment letter.

NOTE:  THE APPLICANT MUST IDENTIFY HIMSELF/HERSELF WITH A VALID PASSPORT, OR A COSTA RICAN IDENTITY CARD (CEDULA DE IDENTIDAD).  DOCTORS, RADIOLOGISTS AND MICROBIOLOGISTS WILL CHECK YOUR IDENTITY BEFORE THE RESPECTIVE EXAM. YOU WILL       

NEED 5 PHOTOS 2X2 INCHES (TWO FOR THE CLINICAL LABORATORY, ONE FOR THE RADIOLOGIST AND TWO FOR THE PHYSICAL EXAM).

2. The validity of the exams is six months.

3. I heard someone on here say they did them themselves and certified them with an affidavit stating they are qualified, etc. I had mine done by someone else. I had some coworkers who are bilingual do it for me, kindly for free, and then sign an certified affidavit. I've attached a blank copy of the certification if you'd like it.

Certificates of Translation for Foreign Affidavits and Documents.pdf

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cari & Andy UB said:

Hi...Here is what I understand from what I've researched. But look at this website and this note:

VISA INFORMATION:

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:

1. I thought you only needed to bring your appointment letter.

NOTE:  THE APPLICANT MUST IDENTIFY HIMSELF/HERSELF WITH A VALID PASSPORT, OR A COSTA RICAN IDENTITY CARD (CEDULA DE IDENTIDAD).  DOCTORS, RADIOLOGISTS AND MICROBIOLOGISTS WILL CHECK YOUR IDENTITY BEFORE THE RESPECTIVE EXAM. YOU WILL       

NEED 5 PHOTOS 2X2 INCHES (TWO FOR THE CLINICAL LABORATORY, ONE FOR THE RADIOLOGIST AND TWO FOR THE PHYSICAL EXAM).

2. The validity of the exams is six months.

3. I heard someone on here say they did them themselves and certified them with an affidavit stating they are qualified, etc. I had mine done by someone else. I had some coworkers who are bilingual do it for me, kindly for free, and then sign an certified affidavit. I've attached a blank copy of the certification if you'd like it.

Certificates of Translation for Foreign Affidavits and Documents.pdf

tHANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!

Timeline

D6013A87-6711-48AE-9054-F1F1ABBEF793.jpeg

Spoiler

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Spoiler

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Spoiler

Spoiler

event.png

Timeline

My fiance arrived on Saturday! We are so happy :D There is a light at the end of the tunnel for all you in the process! ❤️ 

44448397_10160958532740052_5257528488474181632_o.jpg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, argylejegirl said:

My fiance arrived on Saturday! We are so happy :D There is a light at the end of the tunnel for all you in the process! ❤️ 

What a great looking couple! Thank you for the encouragement, I really appreciate it. At this point, we need some hope!

Timeline
12 hours ago, argylejegirl said:

Aww, you're adorable!  Congratulations!  :star:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

My fiancé is from Nicaragua but he is currently in Cost Rica waiting for his visa interview on Nov 19th. We have a few questions:

1. How long is the single status certificate valid for in Costa Rica? I read an old document on the visa page that states 3 months but the packet 3 doesn’t start a time period. My fiancé obtained his certificate (already apostilled) in June in Nicaragua and we are nervous they will not accept it. We are trying to work with a lawyer in Nicaragua to get another one because it’s a long process and will cost be more than $200. We might have to push the interview date back and I plan to travel to CR and need to book flights soon.

2. What has everyone’s experiences been with not having the vaccination records. Our lawyer in Nicaragua could only obtain a health certificate stating my fiancé is up to date on everything and doesn’t have any diseases. I have a standard list of vaccines requieres in Nica but nothing specific to my fiance’s Records. His physical exam is set for Oct 31st and the lawyer hasn’t mailed the documents yet. I think we might have to push the date back also. For those that didn’t have the records, did you have to get a lot more vaccines at the exam?

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bradyn & Javier said:

My fiancé is from Nicaragua but he is currently in Cost Rica waiting for his visa interview on Nov 19th. We have a few questions:

1. How long is the single status certificate valid for in Costa Rica? I read an old document on the visa page that states 3 months but the packet 3 doesn’t start a time period. My fiancé obtained his certificate (already apostilled) in June in Nicaragua and we are nervous they will not accept it. We are trying to work with a lawyer in Nicaragua to get another one because it’s a long process and will cost be more than $200. We might have to push the interview date back and I plan to travel to CR and need to book flights soon.

2. What has everyone’s experiences been with not having the vaccination records. Our lawyer in Nicaragua could only obtain a health certificate stating my fiancé is up to date on everything and doesn’t have any diseases. I have a standard list of vaccines requieres in Nica but nothing specific to my fiance’s Records. His physical exam is set for Oct 31st and the lawyer hasn’t mailed the documents yet. I think we might have to push the date back also. For those that didn’t have the records, did you have to get a lot more vaccines at the exam?

Hi! 

When did your appointment? Meaning how much time is the embassy giving appointments for the visa? Every two weeks? 

Also, I called the official doctor’s office and they told me that the doctor will decide which vaccinations you’ll need. They said they would give you the shots that same day and it could cost up to $150 dollars which have to be paid cash! 

Good luck and and I hope this Info hice you peace Bc my vaccination records is currently lost and when I read that I needed to pay up to $500 I almost cried 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
1 hour ago, TheFutureMrsBowma said:

Hi! 

When did your appointment? Meaning how much time is the embassy giving appointments for the visa? Every two weeks? 

Also, I called the official doctor’s office and they told me that the doctor will decide which vaccinations you’ll need. They said they would give you the shots that same day and it could cost up to $150 dollars which have to be paid cash! 

Good luck and and I hope this Info hice you peace Bc my vaccination records is currently lost and when I read that I needed to pay up to $500 I almost cried 

We made the appointment for the physical exam a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the exact date. That's good to know. My fiance has his certificado de salud but the lawyer cannot get the actual vaccination card so we will just have to see what happens. I know the vaccines do not cost more than $100.

On Oct 7th, we scheduled the visa interview for November 19th. There was several dates available for October and November we didn't know how long it would take to send the petition from NVC to the Embassy. The petition is "in transit" for almost 2 weeks now. I think the status will change to "ready" soon. Right now, they have not opened up the interview dates for December.

If anyone has any info or knows the answer to the first question (How long is the single status certificate valid for in Costa Rica?), please let me know!!

Timeline
On 10/27/2018 at 1:54 PM, Bradyn & Javier said:

We made the appointment for the physical exam a couple of weeks ago. I don't remember the exact date. That's good to know. My fiance has his certificado de salud but the lawyer cannot get the actual vaccination card so we will just have to see what happens. I know the vaccines do not cost more than $100.

On Oct 7th, we scheduled the visa interview for November 19th. There was several dates available for October and November we didn't know how long it would take to send the petition from NVC to the Embassy. The petition is "in transit" for almost 2 weeks now. I think the status will change to "ready" soon. Right now, they have not opened up the interview dates for December.

If anyone has any info or knows the answer to the first question (How long is the single status certificate valid for in Costa Rica?), please let me know!!

I don't see any period of validity on the single status certificate that my fiance received from the Registro Civil, and I don't see anything in the P3 about it either.  If you already have one from June, I wouldn't postpone the interview over that, because if they do require a more recent one, that is something that you can still provide after the interview.  If you are approved, they will give you a conditional approval and once you provide what they ask for, you will receive your visa.  The police certificate states on the paper itself that it is valid for 3 months, but the single certificate doesn't have any expiration date on it.  Maybe try calling or emailing the embassy and asking.  I have called them before and they were quite friendly and helpful.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.