midwinterrose

​🇨🇷​Pura Vida​🇨🇷​ Costa Rica Filers

240 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
18 hours ago, cdee098 said:

I'm mailing my 1-134F and supporting documents to my fiance in CR, any tips on the best way to send it? I was planning for FedEx, but I could use some advice. He lives in a pretty rural town so his mail goes to the post office. All pointers would be much appreciated!!!

From my experience DHL is the best way. I’ve had documents sent from Nicaragua to CR and US to CR and they were received both times. Must use a physical address. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
On 11/11/2018 at 8:08 AM, Bradyn & Javier said:

From my experience DHL is the best way. I’ve had documents sent from Nicaragua to CR and US to CR and they were received both times. Must use a physical address. 

Thanks! His area is pretty rural and DHL doesn't service it. Does anyone know if scanned documents would be accepted for the I-134?

Timeline
1 minute ago, cdee098 said:

Thanks! His area is pretty rural and DHL doesn't service it. Does anyone know if scanned documents would be accepted for the I-134?

I didn’t read anywhere in the packet that they must be originals. I plan to give them copies but will also bring originals just in case. I’m here in San Jose now. Our interview in on Monday 11/19 so I can let you know after if they accepted the copies for the I-134. Civil documents must be originals. 

Timeline
Just now, Bradyn & Javier said:

I didn’t read anywhere in the packet that they must be originals. I plan to give them copies but will also bring originals just in case. I’m here in San Jose now. Our interview in on Monday 11/19 so I can let you know after if they accepted the copies for the I-134. Civil documents must be originals. 

I hope they accept it, but I called last week and the lady told me the Affidavit must be the original document. I hope that’s not the case for you guys, but just letting you know 

Also, how many days will it take once they ship the package from the NVC to the embassy? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bradyn & Javier said:

Ok! Thank you so much, that would be really helpful. I didn't see that either but just assumed they would need originals (e.g. signed employer letter & intent to marry letter) because, well, immigration. Haha. I plan on sending it anyway but wanted to check.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, cdee098 said:

Ok! Thank you so much, that would be really helpful. I didn't see that either but just assumed they would need originals (e.g. signed employer letter & intent to marry letter) because, well, immigration. Haha. I plan on sending it anyway but wanted to check.

Yeah, I would think the I-134 itself needs to be the original. Most of the time supporting documents can be copies (that's what I did for the I-129F except intent to marry was the original doc). We will see and I'll let you know.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Bradyn & Javier said:

Yeah, I would think the I-134 itself needs to be the original. Most of the time supporting documents can be copies (that's what I did for the I-129F except intent to marry was the original doc). We will see and I'll let you know.

Thank you again. Best of luck at your interview!!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, TheFutureMrsBowma said:

I hope they accept it, but I called last week and the lady told me the Affidavit must be the original document. I hope that’s not the case for you guys, but just letting you know 

Also, how many days will it take once they ship the package from the NVC to the embassy? 

Thank you, I was planning to call as well.

The packet is emailed to the beneficiary, it took about 2 weeks to get ours after the NVC notified us that it was being sent to the embassy. Packet is also attached here. :)

packet.pdf

Edited by cdee098

Timeline
22 minutes ago, TheFutureMrsBowma said:

That makes sense for the actual I-134 to be the original. I'm bringing all originals for the supporting docs but will plan to give them copies. We'll see.

10/5 Received case number from NVC

10/14 Completed DS-160 and submitted payment

10/15 Scheduled interview for 11/19

10/18 NVC sent petition to Embassy in CR

11/2  Received email from the embassy in CR with the packet info.

18 hours ago, cdee098 said:

Thank you, I was planning to call as well.

The packet is emailed to the beneficiary, it took about 2 weeks to get ours after the NVC notified us that it was being sent to the embassy. Packet is also attached here. :)

packet.pdf

Thank you for this! This is great to have and to know this is the most recent one too! :) I appreciate your willingness to share that!

Timeline
On 11/13/2018 at 4:46 PM, TheFutureMrsBowma said:

Tracking the shipment that left NVC for Costa Rica on 11/13 shows that it's supposed to be delivered tomorrow, 11/16.  Looks like it takes another 7-10 days for the embassy to get around to emailing the Packet 3 with instructions for the interview, but others have already posted it here so you shouldn't have to wait for it from the embassy.  Once you have all your documents you can schedule your interview.

2018 K1 Filing to Approval: 322 days (RFE 29 Days)

Spoiler

I-129F mailed: Jan 26 2018

NOA1: Jan 29 2018 (old site), Feb 2 2018 (new site)

RFE: Aug 30 2018 (old site updated 8/30; new site 8/31 w/email and text)

RFE hard copy: rec'd 9/4; ret'd 9/6 (old site updated 9/7; new site 9/10, no text/email)

NOA2: Oct 5 2018 [249 days]  (old site updated 10/5; new site 10/7, no text/email)

Case #: Oct 31 2018 [27 days] (called to get number, no email from NVC)

Left NVC: Nov 13 2018 

Consulate Rec'd (DHL): Nov 19 2018

CEAC 'Ready' status: Nov 29 2018

Interview: Dec 17 2018 [Approved!]

POE: Jan 10 2019 [Los Angeles]

Marriage: Jan 12 2019 :wub::dance:

2019 AOS Filing to Approval: 81 Days (No RFE, No Expedite)

Spoiler

AOS Mailed: Feb 19 2019

NOA1: Feb 25 2019 (I-485, I-765, I-131)

Biometrics Appt. Letter Rcv'd: Mar 8 2019

Biometrics Appointment: Mar 20 2019

Recv'd Interview Appt. Notice: Apr 15 2019 [I-485] (ready to schedule 4/10, scheduled 4/11; old site)

Interview: May 17 2019 [Cleveland, OH]

Approved: May 17 2019  :dance:

Green Card Received: May 24 2019

2021 ROC Filing to Approval: 534 Days (LIN; No RFE, No Interview)

Spoiler

ROC Mailed: Mar 5 2021 (delivered 3/12)

NOA1: Apr 5 2021 (txt rcvd 4/7, check cashed 4/7, mail rcvd 4/9) 

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Apr 30 2021

Approved: Sep 21 2022 :dance:

Green Card Received: Sep 28 2022

2022 N400 Filing to Oath: 154 Days (Cleveland Field Office; No RFE)

Spoiler

N400 Submitted: Jun 16 2022 (online)

NOA1: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Biometrics Re-used Notice Rcv'd: Jun 16 2022 (rcv'd snail mail 6/24)

Interview Scheduled: Sep 6 2022 (cancelled due to A-file not arrived in time)

Interview Re-scheduled: Oct 21 2022

Approved: Oct 21 2022 :dance:

Oath Ceremony: Nov 16 2022 :wow:🇺🇸

event.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hola everyone! 

My fiancé got his civil documents yesterday, and will be scheduling his appointments for the labs and x-ray. How much time in between the lab tests and medical exam should there be (since they the lab results)? Also, he only needs his cédula and photos as identification, correct? Thanks y'all! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jay9475 said:

Hola everyone! 

My fiancé got his civil documents yesterday, and will be scheduling his appointments for the labs and x-ray. How much time in between the lab tests and medical exam should there be (since they the lab results)? Also, he only needs his cédula and photos as identification, correct? Thanks y'all! 

Hi!! 

They usually take like 1-3 days to have the results, however they don’t give you results. They actually send them to the doctor you scheduled your appointment with! (I just did that this morning) 

Also, he’ll need his 2x2 pictures (which are 2-3) and his id! 

Timeline
1 minute ago, jay9475 said:

Hola everyone! 

The info needed for the medical/lab tests is in the packet. I believe the link to the packet has been posted in this thread a few times. Definitely ID and passports photos are required, your fiancé also should print the DS 160 confirmation page.

My fiancé did the lab tests and x-rays the same day and scheduled the physical exam 2 weeks later because we were trying to find his vaccinations records. I don’t have a good timeline but your fiancé can call one of the doctors and they will probably have more info. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
2 minutes ago, TheFutureMrsBowma said:

Hi!! 

They usually take like 1-3 days to have the results, however they don’t give you results. They actually send them to the doctor you scheduled your appointment with! (I just did that this morning) 

Also, he’ll need his 2x2 pictures (which are 2-3) and his id! 

Excellent, thanks! I'll just tell him to schedule the medical about 3 days after the labs and x-ray. He's got his photos and ID/cédula. Should be all set! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.