Mary Moore

Urgent: New police certificate requirement!!!

447 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, designguy said:

I ended up getting both done and gave both to my lawyer just in case. The lawyer initially sent in the one with the finger prints and photos on it (which I had advised them was the back up version). NVC rejected that one, and after submitting the other one, the one that has NO photo or finger prints on it (The privacy act one). NVC accepted that

I'm wondering which one you submitted. It would be nice if you can give me a sample (with blurred personal information) so I know which one to get. Thank you

19 hours ago, Nd2391 said:

l. Could anyone pls send a sample copy of their Police Clearance under the Privacy Act which was already accepted by NVC

There are examples literally two pages back in this thread... No one is going to provide them again for you when the examples are already in here multiple times.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
16 minutes ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hey everybody, Does anybody know where to go and what to request when going for police record check? 

Did you read the requirements on the NVC reciprocity table? You need the privacy act one. Also you should start your own thread

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Timeline

Can anyone tell me how long it took for you to get your police certificate with the fingerprints? I just got mine done today and they told me it can be up to 120 days. Just was wondering how long it took some of you to get yours. Im from Canada B.C 

also when I got my police certificate done today with the fingerprints (got both done at a rcmp office all at once), I got it under the privacy act and showed the desk clerk what exactly it says online on the immigration website what I needed. She took my photo aswell for the certificate. I thought we were only supposed to give NVC a police certificate with fingerprints and not a photo with it? was the clerk supposed to take my photo too?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
49 minutes ago, mika__ said:

Can anyone tell me how long it took for you to get your police certificate with the fingerprints? I just got mine done today and they told me it can be up to 120 days. Just was wondering how long it took some of you to get yours. Im from Canada B.C 

also when I got my police certificate done today with the fingerprints (got both done at a rcmp office all at once), I got it under the privacy act and showed the desk clerk what exactly it says online on the immigration website what I needed. She took my photo aswell for the certificate. I thought we were only supposed to give NVC a police certificate with fingerprints and not a photo with it? was the clerk supposed to take my photo too?

I got mine in a week. It takes longer if you have any criminal record. It is fingerprint based but no image of your finger print shld appear on the police certificate. They did take a photo of me for identification only. https://ibb.co/0Z03pcs

Edited by Kartineecartoons

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, mika__ said:

I got mine in 10 days. The 120 days is for people with records. 

Yes, photo will be taken but won't show in the cert. Fingerprints will be destroyed as well after the verification.

1 hour ago, Kartineecartoons said:

I got mine in a week. It takes longer if you have any criminal record. It is fingerprint based but no image of your finger print shld appear on the police certificate. They did take a photo of me for identification only. https://ibb.co/0Z03pcs

Thank you very much!!! just curious I was wondering if you got an interview date yet??? I remember talking to you briefly months ago in my messages on here about that

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, mika__ said:

Thank you very much!!! just curious I was wondering if you got an interview date yet??? I remember talking to you briefly months ago in my messages on here about that

Yes! Finally! It is supposed to be on friday Nov 8 but unfortunately, we received email last week that we are rescheduled because the embassy is moving to a new location. It was a disaster last week. Lol! They notify us a week before actual interview and everybody already booked accomodations and plane tickets as soon as we receive ILs  Oct 15. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Now I got Nov 18 and hopefully this is the last delay! 🙏🏽

9 minutes ago, Kartineecartoons said:

Yes! Finally! It is supposed to be on friday Nov 8 but unfortunately, we received email last week that we are rescheduled because the embassy is moving to a new location. It was a disaster last week. Lol! They notify us a week before actual interview and everybody already booked accomodations and plane tickets as soon as we receive ILs  Oct 15. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Now I got Nov 18 and hopefully this is the last delay! 🙏🏽

Good luck on your interview!!!! 😊

• 1 month later...
  • Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.