TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, Kanwarpreet said:

Hello Guys. 

We got approved. Interview was too good. My fiance was allowed with me and we gave the interview together on the window. I will share the review as soon as I get time as m quite occupied with shopping and time with fiance

Congratulations. I don't know your Embassy but if you go up to the tab for "portals" and search for your country and then find the Consulate Reviews and add your thoughts there then when finished you can get a link to use to share with friends and this thread. Thanks.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, Daniela M_______ said:

Hi guys, I come for more updates and doubts about our RFE:

So my fiance has not 1 but 3 MIP (minor in possession of alcohol). It's a funny situation because obviously he didn't think an MIP could be something USCIS would care, I got mad, he was laughing because is not like a bad crime and now we are happy again lol.

So he already found the records for these 3 misdemeanors, they are in different cities but same state, so they are all different, we don't have proof of payment for this tickets but we do have the copy of the police records (one is the ticket itself)... is that enough? because that's all he could find after 3 days of trying...

We added in the cover letter, an statement saying that they are all paid and considered closed.

We are planing to send this information back to USCIS next monday.

If you could get a document that says the case has been satisfied that would carry the most weight and guarantee you move on. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, madameMaison said:

CONGRATULATIONS YOU SWEET THING. I know your soft heart couldn't take it all.i am happy there's finally an end to your misery. I am happy for you the most ! Your sadness was making me sad too. . but because there has been light with you, then I know everyone else will get the light too. ❤

Happy for you and PLEASE, go ahead and CELEBRATE this weekend. Have the time of your life because the worst is over.🌼😘 

Thank you dear. You are always so sweet. It’s funny...I run a multi-million dollar company. Everyone says I’m the toughest person they know. And this just broke me. Just too much going on. Apparently my heart is soft after all. My employees would be shocked to find out 😂But now I don’t even care about the rest of it. My fiancé’s father is terminally ill and if he passes after my fiancé gets here, he will go back home and this whole thing will be for nothing. Isn’t this all just insane!? That’s part of the stress of trying to get this done quickly, but alas there were other plans. And I know I can’t tell you not to be sad. The sadness is overwhelming. But I am 100% certain your timeline is not 400 days!! That’s got to be like 0.000001% of all cases. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
4 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Well, it actually worked! I received an email and text from USCIS today that they had taken action on our case and checked the old site and we were approved! I will say that there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that our application was just sitting on someone's desk and they forgot about it. Since we were outside of normal processing times for a K1 (after 7.5 months) and I had to argue my way to a tier 2 agent who filed a service claim, amazingly less than 24 hours later after that call we got the approval. I called three times in the past week and asked them to document the call of my inquiry in my account each time. But I'm sure the service inquiry that the tier 2 agent filed was what moved it along. I would definitely recommend doing the same if you are past 7.5 months of them receiving your application. They received our application 234 days ago. Honestly, I don't even care if this process never gets completed now. At least it's going to be much more in our hands to finish it. Thanks all for all the support for all of this time. It's been a LONG 8 months!! I get on a plane in about 5 hours to go to Europe and will see my fiance tomorrow morning. He is in a complete state of shock as I think he had basically resigned himself that this was not going to happen. And he is literally the most optimistic person on earth, but this managed to beat even him down! You have no idea how much your words of encouragement have meant to me for these months. This has been the hardest year of my life (with this process being just a small part of that) and you guys and my fiance and my therapist have all helped so much :) Hoping for better things to come now that this weight is lifted.

Congratulations.... woho...!!!!!!🎉

And my flight to Europe was canceled. And they can’t reschedule me for a time that allows me to see my fiancé before I have to be in work meetings. Unbelievable. My second trip to Europe this YEAR canceled. Unreal luck I have!!

3 minutes ago, arizonaliving said:

Well after 227 days I checked the old website and it says they mailed out a RFE yesterday. Finally some movement in my case! 

RFE isn't the end of the earth as you are aware. I offer you the following:

There are many varying degrees of RFE's. Some as simple as not "ticking" off a question. Others forgot the fiancé(e) letter and then others who met on a website and now need to prove that it wasn't a marriage arrangement website.

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undue harm. Once you know what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to ensure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

RFE isn't the end of the earth as you are aware. I offer you the following:

There are many varying degrees of RFE's. Some as simple as not "ticking" off a question. Others forgot the fiancé(e) letter and then others who met on a website and now need to prove that it wasn't a marriage arrangement website.

Once you get your RFE, read over very carefully as you only have one chance to reply accurately without causing undue harm. Once you know what it is set out to correct and to include "everything" they are asking for. Then reread the RFE to ensure you are compliant. Make copies of everything for your record and send back using their instructions which are contained within the RFE. If the RFE requires a signature, PLEASE don't forget this. Once received at USCIS your case will begin adjudication where the agent had left off. No one can tell you how long it will take so be patient.

Thank you for your reply! 

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

And guess who recieved an RFE in the MAIL dated Oct 2nd 2018 ? 

My fiancé got it 🌼😂

They Lost a letter of Intent from me, so they asking for it to be re-sent

And they Asking for His passport photo. 

Reciept Date : 14 Feb 2018,

RFE : Oct 2nd 2018 .

❤❤❤❤HAPPPY. ❤

I knew it was coming this week!!! Yay! It’s really happening and it’s an EASY one! So happy for you :) Also it seems that when they say they lost something the approval of the RFE is super fast. Make sure he sends it in certified mail so you can track it!

Edited by americaninlove

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

I envy you all so much....

Now its my turn to sit and wait.

A. All websites -old and new OUR ACCOUNT IS NOT updated and very frustrating.

It makes me wonder if they have seen my rants here and punishing me for it.

B.  I'm in japan for 2 weeks with my fiance...i check the sites daily several times a day and see nothing and i would love to call them and kick some butt but i can't.

Hopefully when i get home i have a letter waiting for me.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Zumbadaddy said:

I envy you all so much....

Now its my turn to sit and wait.

A. All websites -old and new OUR ACCOUNT IS NOT updated and very frustrating.

It makes me wonder if they have seen my rants here and punishing me for it.

B.  I'm in japan for 2 weeks with my fiance...i check the sites daily several times a day and see nothing and i would love to call them and kick some butt but i can't.

Hopefully when i get home i have a letter waiting for me.

That’s strange not being able to be notified if they received your rfe or not. Usually as soon as it reached their office, before the day ends you will be getting an update right away.. 🙁🙁🙁

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

And guess who recieved an RFE in the MAIL dated Oct 2nd 2018 ? 

My fiancé got it 🌼😂

They Lost a letter of Intent from me, so they asking for it to be re-sent

And they Asking for His passport photo. 

Reciept Date : 14 Feb 2018,

RFE : Oct 2nd 2018 .

❤❤❤❤HAPPPY. ❤

Happy For you.. a little movement atleast...😊😊

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

That’s strange not being able to be notified if they received your rfe or not. Usually as soon as it reached their office, before the day ends you will be getting an update right away.. 🙁🙁🙁

Happy For you.. a little movement atleast...😊😊

Even when we got our RFE I didn't get a notice in my email nor does our online account show anything otehr than they received our original application last year... March 1.  
I realize they are inundated with applicatoins and calls and stuff but I know for a fact our application had everything including the divorce certificate they requested in the RFE which if I was able to talk with a "REAL PERSON" I could've revied each page by page and said it's rright there page 31 or 32 what ever it is in my packet.  Regardless I had my fiance go to ehr city hall in Tokyo and get a new updated copy, paid for it to expedited translation and then overnighted this in the original envelope to the Cali Service Center.  When I called a few days later they told me they see yes it has been received.   I asked if they will update the website with this and they told me thats up to the examiner.  It's not a requirement but a courtesy.  

Being here in Japan for 2 weeks I feel helpless and now I can't wait to get home... I have contacts from high school and close family friends that I'm ready to reach out to to ask for their help.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Zumbadaddy said:

When I called a few days later they told me they see yes it has been received

Atleast you know now they received it. But I’m still hoping they will update the site. That’ll will give you a bit sigh of relief if they will.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Atleast you know now they received it. But I’m still hoping they will update the site. That’ll will give you a bit sigh of relief if they will.

yes I think it's just more frustrating that they hacven't updated the site.  it's almost like I could see them saying

"Ooops sorry we lost it can you send it in again".

MF'ers

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.