TBoneTX

February 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

1,664 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, americaninlove said:

Thanks. I am working really hard to just let this all go. It’s all out of my hands and all so negative and so I just need to move on from expecting it will happen. It’s just so hard to do that in reality. Every day I wake up for the past two months I think about what it would be like to find out today, to call my fiancé and tell him, to feel so relieved. And then every day is met with such total disappointment. And then all over again the next day. I’m not doing it on purpose. I can’t help but just keep hoping. But I need to let go of the hope because it just only brings disappointment. At least now I know after this call that it doesn’t sound likely it’s going to happen anytime soon. And since I’ll be away it doesn’t matter anyway. I’m sooooo jealous of all of these people who called USCIS and magically just turned out they were approved. Seriously must just be so nice. I literally dream of that happening. But it won’t for me I guess. I will see my fiancé in about 40 hours and instead of a happy weekend together again it will be just more of the same. Can’t plan. Can’t do anything except just sit and be stressed about the future. Hopefully I can come back here again in the future with some good news. I’m guessing everyone will be gone from this group by that point :( 

I can tell you at this point i will most likely be here with you... or maybe you're moved on and I'm here still.... h,mmmmmm

28 minutes ago, Zumbadaddy said:

I can tell you at this point i will most likely be here with you... or maybe you're moved on and I'm here still.... h,mmmmmm

28 minutes ago, Zumbadaddy said:

I’m still here.. day 226 no RFE or anything. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, arizonaliving said:

I’m still here.. day 226 no RFE or anything. 

I'm so sorry.... this really sucks... and from a businness point of view... I would never let my workers not get these cases off there desks...OMG.. when I was a loan rep... my mgr would go through my cases weekly with me and I better have good reason and go through each case with whats holding it up.   These Gov't workers are the worst and I wouldn't have a problem telling them to there face either.  This is what a (VERY SMALL portion) of our tax dollars pay for... I'd rather give it to the homeless.

8 minutes ago, Zumbadaddy said:

I'm so sorry.... this really sucks... and from a businness point of view... I would never let my workers not get these cases off there desks...OMG.. when I was a loan rep... my mgr would go through my cases weekly with me and I better have good reason and go through each case with whats holding it up.   These Gov't workers are the worst and I wouldn't have a problem telling them to there face either.  This is what a (VERY SMALL portion) of our tax dollars pay for... I'd rather give it to the homeless.

I run my own business and always try to respond to all my clients as soon as possible... and what I pay back in taxes for a small business is insane. I called last Monday spoke with someone with uscis. She put in a inquire on my case since it’s out of processing time. They said to expect to hear something no later then the 16th of this month. Who knows they could just say they’re still working on the case. Not much I can do. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, arizonaliving said:

I run my own business and always try to respond to all my clients as soon as possible... and what I pay back in taxes for a small business is insane. I called last Monday spoke with someone with uscis. She put in a inquire on my case since it’s out of processing time. They said to expect to hear something no later then the 16th of this month. Who knows they could just say they’re still working on the case. Not much I can do. 

I hear you... I actually fired my old business partner for not carrying his weight,  these workers are truly the worst and I think their bosses are prob no better.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
4 hours ago, Zumbadaddy said:

I would like to say good luck with that as I have yet to receive any update online as of yet.  My online account only shows the original date they  (USCIS) receieved our application but we did get the RFE request over a week ago but nothing online shows any other update except form almost a year ago,

But I have the best of wishes for you.

Thank you, for us both the websites are up to date and the app too. It’s just this hard copy, truly this is real taking its troll. If it’s not one thing it’s another. First we waited for long to hear something Back & then this, don’t even know what’s next and how long the rest of the things are going to take, i haven’t been checking I’m pretty sure some April are now getting approved. I know there are a lot of us but this has been really hard. 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tanzania
Timeline
8 hours ago, americaninlove said:

Hi all, thanks for your nice posts in response to my sad post last week. It's been a rough week but I took a break from here which definitely helped. Today is 4 weeks since they received my RFE. In one more week it will be 8 months since they received our application. At this point I'm kind of just assuming that they have forgotten about us or lost something or I did something wrong on the RFE and we will just get denied. I have no other way to wrap my brain around this.

I did want to tell you all that since @BJ & Christine found out he was approved last week by calling (and our RFEs were returned a day apart), I called today to inquire. Obviously ours is not approved (duh, clearly NO luck for us over here) but I spoke to the operator and she confirmed we are now outside normal processing times (5.5 to 7.5 months) and then she said she could submit an inquiry to the CSC on our behalf. She was HORRIBLY RUDE and put me on hold and came back and said that due to a technical problem she cannot actually do it and she would suggest I call back in a few hours and see if someone else can do it for me. So I said, "Well can you just transfer me to someone else." She said, "Nope." I said, "Well I know that lots of other people can talk to a tier 2 operator, so is there a reason I can't?" She said, "What would be the reason for the transfer?" I was like, "Uh, because YOU CAN'T HELP ME?!?!!?" #######?!? So she then transferred me. The tier 2 operator did submit the inquiry to CSC and said we would hear back in two weeks with more information about when our case will be approved. And then when I tried to ask more questions about why it takes so long to approve an RFE that was just a piece of paper (nothing to investigate, nothing to "check", nothing to verify....just a SIMPLE SIGNED PIECE OF PAPER THAT WAS ALSO IN OUR APPLICATION!!!!) she hung up on me. So now either this inquiry will help or she will put in another note that I'm insane and to just deny us lol. Totally expecting that at this point. Tomorrow I leave for almost two weeks for business. I will see my fiancé but if a letter magically comes in the mail during that time I'll have to wait until mid October to find out. This is just beyond torturous. To wait more than 8 months?!?? Insanity. I just have no words!

I’m sorry to hear all this from you, I feel so unlucky myself. I and my fiancée haven’t even meet for nearly two years. We looked forward to this thinking we will get it quickly and finally the time will come, but it’s one disappointment to another and don’t even know how long the next steps will come. Our lives are just stuck, days are going but we aren’t moving forward in anything. 

NOA1: 02/26/2018 (old website)

NOA1: 03/01/2018 (new website)

RFE issued 09/19/2018 - waiting for the hard copy 

Finally Recieved a faxed copy of the RFE 10/22/2018 

sent the faxed RFE copy 10/29/2018 

Received a hard copy in the mail 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/06/2018 😃💃💃💃

Received an email from NVC about receiving the case Recently. 11/15/2018

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, June1990 said:

I’m sorry to hear all this from you, I feel so unlucky myself. I and my fiancée haven’t even meet for nearly two years. We looked forward to this thinking we will get it quickly and finally the time will come, but it’s one disappointment to another and don’t even know how long the next steps will come. Our lives are just stuck, days are going but we aren’t moving forward in anything. 

Today is our 30th day after we response for our RFE, and yes, still nothing. My fiance called and they just told him it will take at least 60 days for RFE, I can't believe it will take them that long to read just one piece of paper. It doesn't make sense why some get approved 5 days after they send their response but can't do it to ours?why start  working on the new months when they have yet to finish the previous months. This is beyond frustrating. It's hard to sleep anymore. It's so depressing. Our lives is on hold. 😔 😢 

Edited by lilpinay

7 hours ago, lilpinay said:

Today is our 30th day after we response for our RFE, and yes, still nothing. My fiance called and they just told him it will take at least 60 days for RFE, I can't believe it will take them that long to read just one piece of paper. It doesn't make sense why some get approved 5 days after they send their response but can't do it to ours?why start  working on the new months when they have yet to finish the previous months. This is beyond frustrating. It's hard to sleep anymore. It's so depressing. Our lives is on hold. 😔 😢 

The USCIS has issued a Ruling, effective April 17, 2007, that gives adjudicators flexibility in determining the length of time a petitioner or applicant has to respond to a Request for Evidence (RFE) or a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID). Currently, the standard deadline for response to an RFE is twelve weeks (84 days). NOIDs must be responded to within thirty days. Under the this regulation, the USCIS will determine how much time should be permitted in any given case, with maximum possible time being what is now the standard response deadline. That is, adjudicators will set deadlines for both RFEs and NOIDs that could be up to twelve weeks in case of RFEs or up to thirty days for NOIDs. No extensions of time are permitted.

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Outreach/Feedback%20Opportunities/Interim%20Guidance%20for%20Comment/change-timeframes-rfe.pdf

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Thanks God our reply to Uscis , RFE was recieve yesterday oct. 4 , only 1 day upon mailing it :)

RFE.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hey guys, just asking what's the absolute worst case scenario until approval?

We're on day 233 with zero feedback at all, and he plans on calling the ombudsman/senator/Congress soon

Please tell me what the absolute worst case scenario for a response could be ? Even if let's say it will take another 5 months before an NOA2, but according to your observations on previous months , did it take 9 or 10 or 11 months before an NOA2 since Reciept date? Just would like this information to plan according to the absolute worst case scenario. 

Peace and love. 🌼

Timeline
19 minutes ago, madameMaison said:

Hey guys, just asking what's the absolute worst case scenario until approval?

We're on day 233 with zero feedback at all, and he plans on calling the ombudsman/senator/Congress soon

Please tell me what the absolute worst case scenario for a response could be ? Even if let's say it will take another 5 months before an NOA2, but according to your observations on previous months , did it take 9 or 10 or 11 months before an NOA2 since Reciept date? Just would like this information to plan according to the absolute worst case scenario. 

Peace and love. 🌼

Please do online inquiry on their website instead of calling them, that's what we do :)

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Mel&Jo said:

Please do online inquiry on their website instead of calling them, that's what we do :)

Already did that. ✔🌼 They responded a week ago and said to wait 45 days for a response (not good enough)

Timeline
1 minute ago, madameMaison said:

Already did that. ✔🌼 They responded a week ago and said to wait 45 days for a response (not good enough)

Really? yes they will respond like that but us after we recieve a reply from them 2 days thru email , they sent rfe .

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mel&Jo said:

Really? yes they will respond like that but us after we recieve a reply from them 2 days thru email , they sent rfe .

We didn't even get an Rfe. I would have welcomed an RFE gladly, because it's progress. . My fiancé made a thorough submission, we both never been arrested in our lives, never been married , and no kids. I don't know , I think our file is just sitting there collecting dust. 😂 but I don't care, just want to prepare for the worst case scenario anyway, because, it's progressive and realistic.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.