ramu2012

N-400 September 2018 Filers

510 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline
1 hour ago, dannyphan91 said:

Thank you for the details. I have a speeding ticket and I didn’t keep a receipt of payment. I did took a 8 hours driving class and paid for a ticket. How do I find the record?

It depends on the state / local jurisdiction (county / city) that issued it. It is mentioned in the ticket usually. You will need to contact the court.

For driving record, you can contact your local DMV for getting the history.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Had my interview today, the officer said my wife wasn't needed so she sat out. Went to her office, she said my application of i751 and n400 is combined and verified all the information, then the civics test, the usual stuff passed all of it. She asked the yes no questions, answered those. She specifically asked if I had traffic citations and I said yes, asked if all fines were paid. I said yes, no other documentation was requested. And then asked me to verify all the information that will be printed on the naturalization certificate. At the end of she said she will approve both i751 and N400, however because of the way the system works she has to approve I751 first in her system which enables a work flow and then she will approve N400 after 24 hours. She said she cant approve N400 before I751 so the Naturalization Interview Result that I was handed over said passed under the test section but "a decision cannot be made about your application yet" which made me a little nervous. At the end she sent me out, came with me to take my wife and asked my wife to verify her signature which took another minute. All in all about 35 mins.  I checked my online status on both i751 and N400 but nothing updated yet. Anything to worry about ? anyone in the same boat ? hopefully no surprises.

Timeline
5 hours ago, pkgc said:

Had my interview today, the officer said my wife wasn't needed so she sat out. Went to her office, she said my application of i751 and n400 is combined and verified all the information, then the civics test, the usual stuff passed all of it. She asked the yes no questions, answered those. She specifically asked if I had traffic citations and I said yes, asked if all fines were paid. I said yes, no other documentation was requested. And then asked me to verify all the information that will be printed on the naturalization certificate. At the end of she said she will approve both i751 and N400, however because of the way the system works she has to approve I751 first in her system which enables a work flow and then she will approve N400 after 24 hours. She said she cant approve N400 before I751 so the Naturalization Interview Result that I was handed over said passed under the test section but "a decision cannot be made about your application yet" which made me a little nervous. At the end she sent me out, came with me to take my wife and asked my wife to verify her signature which took another minute. All in all about 35 mins.  I checked my online status on both i751 and N400 but nothing updated yet. Anything to worry about ? anyone in the same boat ? hopefully no surprises.

OK Nevermind, just checked the online status for N400 "We approved your application" wohooo ... the last few hours were a nightmare not knowing what was happening. Now waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. Though no update on the I751 case status. 

Timeline
On 4/29/2019 at 4:08 PM, pkgc said:

OK Nevermind, just checked the online status for N400 "We approved your application" wohooo ... the last few hours were a nightmare not knowing what was happening. Now waiting for the oath ceremony to be scheduled. Though no update on the I751 case status. 

Oath Ceremony scheduled for 13th May. Wow, that was quick. 

7 hours ago, pkgc said:

Oath Ceremony scheduled for 13th May. Wow, that was quick. 

Super quick, hope I am as lucky with the Denver office.  Congrats on completing your journey!!

My estimated wait time went down to 1 day and the next day this is what I see. We are taking longer than expected... 

I want this to be done and enjoy summer. 

223008993_ScreenShot2019-05-03at7_26_48AM.thumb.png.f42ea611062a63c5758b1af9b1f391a9.png

I-485 Timeline

25 Mar 15 ==> Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 with USPS

27 Mar 15 ==> Package arrived Chicago P.O. Box

04 Apr 15 ==> Checks cashed. (420 + 1070)

06 Apr 15 ==> Text/Email NOS1 received

11 Apr 15 ==> Got hardcopies for all 4 forms

17 Apr 15 ==> Got biometrics appointment letter (30 April 2015)

23 Apr 15 ==> Early walk-in successful (201 Varick St. New York City)

27 Apr 15 ==> Mail Notice Form I-693 was not submitted. (Will submit on Interview)

16 Jun 16 ==> Submitted online Case Inquiry for Form I-765

19 Jun 15 ==> Approval Notice via Mail for form I-765 and I-131

19 Jun 15 ==> Case Status Changed with Tracking Number. USPS picked EAD Card

23 Jun 15 ==> Got EAD Card

24 Jun 15 ==> Applied for SSN

01 July 15 ==> Got SSN

20 Oct 15 ==> Interview scheduled for November 23, 2015

23 Nov 15 ==> Interview date. Approved on spot

24 Nov 15 ==> Online Case Status changed to "New cards is being produced"

03 Dec 15 ==> Received Green Card

I-751 Timeline

20 Aug 17 ==> Received Notice to file I-751

31 Aug 17 ==> Sent I-751 with USPS

02 Sep 17 ==> Package Arrived Vermont Center

07 Sep 17 ==> Checks cashed ($595 + $85)

08 Sep 17 ==> I-751 Notice (Extension Letter)

23 Sep 17 ==> Notice for Biometrics

03 Oct 17 ==> Biometrics Appointment

05 Nov 17 ==> Received Extension Letter

20 Aug 18 ==> Received 2nd Extension Letter (18 Months)

N-400 Timeline (3 Year Rule)
25 Aug 15 ==> 90 Day Window Opens
05 Sep 18 ==> N-400 Filed (Online) (New York)

05 Sep 18 ==> Receipt Notice (Estimeted wait time 11 Months)

7 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Letter Received

12 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Early Walk-In (Estimeted wait time updated 9 Months)

27 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Appointment 

23 Aug 19 ==> Interview Letter Received

08 Oct 19 ==> Interview

13 Dec 19 ==> Oath Ceremony/ US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 4/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, Jerry and Elena said:

oh.. forgot to mention guys, I got approval notice for 10 years GC in mail today, and  admission date is confusing me it's 01/01/0001. Should I call to USCIS or leave it alone?

A little update. Last Monday got my GC, with resident since date 04.21.2019, should be sinse first GC, right? 

Good news is I got my transcript in mail yesterday, after call to IRS number provided by USCIS, that saved me 3 weeks of waiting time. Now waiting for a state tax statment and will mail all of it to USCIS next week, woohoo!

event.png

just finished my naturalization interview. I passed. The officer was very respectful and made the entire interview process easier. As far as the questions, here are the ones asked:

What territory the US purchased from France? 

Who is the commander in chief? 

Name one person that wrote the federalist papers?

Name 3 of the original states?

Who is the father of our country? 

another question that I cannot remember.

after that he did the reading and writing tests (also simple sentences). and then we went over the application. Once we were done, he went over the I751 application and at the end said that I had pass and that he has to process the I751 first, and that I should wait for a letter with the oath date.

I hope this information helps you all

22 hours ago, fcorona85 said:

just finished my naturalization interview. I passed. The officer was very respectful and made the entire interview process easier. As far as the questions, here are the ones asked:

What territory the US purchased from France? 

Who is the commander in chief? 

Name one person that wrote the federalist papers?

Name 3 of the original states?

Who is the father of our country? 

another question that I cannot remember.

after that he did the reading and writing tests (also simple sentences). and then we went over the application. Once we were done, he went over the I751 application and at the end said that I had pass and that he has to process the I751 first, and that I should wait for a letter with the oath date.

I hope this information helps you all

Congratulations! You are getting close to finishing your journey. 

I-485 Timeline

25 Mar 15 ==> Sent I-130, I-485, I-131 and I-765 with USPS

27 Mar 15 ==> Package arrived Chicago P.O. Box

04 Apr 15 ==> Checks cashed. (420 + 1070)

06 Apr 15 ==> Text/Email NOS1 received

11 Apr 15 ==> Got hardcopies for all 4 forms

17 Apr 15 ==> Got biometrics appointment letter (30 April 2015)

23 Apr 15 ==> Early walk-in successful (201 Varick St. New York City)

27 Apr 15 ==> Mail Notice Form I-693 was not submitted. (Will submit on Interview)

16 Jun 16 ==> Submitted online Case Inquiry for Form I-765

19 Jun 15 ==> Approval Notice via Mail for form I-765 and I-131

19 Jun 15 ==> Case Status Changed with Tracking Number. USPS picked EAD Card

23 Jun 15 ==> Got EAD Card

24 Jun 15 ==> Applied for SSN

01 July 15 ==> Got SSN

20 Oct 15 ==> Interview scheduled for November 23, 2015

23 Nov 15 ==> Interview date. Approved on spot

24 Nov 15 ==> Online Case Status changed to "New cards is being produced"

03 Dec 15 ==> Received Green Card

I-751 Timeline

20 Aug 17 ==> Received Notice to file I-751

31 Aug 17 ==> Sent I-751 with USPS

02 Sep 17 ==> Package Arrived Vermont Center

07 Sep 17 ==> Checks cashed ($595 + $85)

08 Sep 17 ==> I-751 Notice (Extension Letter)

23 Sep 17 ==> Notice for Biometrics

03 Oct 17 ==> Biometrics Appointment

05 Nov 17 ==> Received Extension Letter

20 Aug 18 ==> Received 2nd Extension Letter (18 Months)

N-400 Timeline (3 Year Rule)
25 Aug 15 ==> 90 Day Window Opens
05 Sep 18 ==> N-400 Filed (Online) (New York)

05 Sep 18 ==> Receipt Notice (Estimeted wait time 11 Months)

7 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Letter Received

12 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Early Walk-In (Estimeted wait time updated 9 Months)

27 Sep 18 ==> Biometrics Appointment 

23 Aug 19 ==> Interview Letter Received

08 Oct 19 ==> Interview

13 Dec 19 ==> Oath Ceremony/ US Citizen

We had our I-751/N-400 combo interview yesterday in Denver, all in all everything went great and we were approved verbally on the spot.  Wanted to share our experience.

We arrived 30 mins early and checked in. My wife’s name was called and we both proceeded to the Interview Officer.  He then said since part of this is a marriage interview we are going to separate you.  This was very stressful to say the least, he had not even talked to us together but started off by separating us. He asked me to stay in the waiting area while he took my wife into back to the office.   The wait was stressful to say the least.  While I was waiting he went through I-751 questions which included:

- Where did we meet?

- How come we travel so often?

- Where we went for a honeymoon?

- Some clarification questions about addresses.

Then he went into the N-400 questions.  Went through the application and all it’s questions.  The below were his civic questions he asked:

-  Name one branch or part of the government.

- Who is in charge of the executive branch.

- Name one right only for U.S citizens.

- What are the two rights of everyone living in the U.S.

- Name two national holidays.

- Name one of the 2 longest rivers in the U.S.

After this he ask me to come into his office, he did not make my wife leave so we were now in the office together.  He then said I have to ask a few questions to validate the marriage but I believe the marriage is legitimate, this did make the setting much more relaxed.  He then asked the following questions:

- Where did I meet my wife.

- What was her b-day.

- Where did we go for our honeymoon.

- What was our address at a certain date.

Then he said all looks good here, I’m going to approve both cases and he congratulated my wife on becoming a US citizen.  He then started telling us we could bring as many people as we like for the oath ceremony.  He also explained how to expedite the passport right at the ceremony as there should be department of state reps at the ceremony to accept passport applications.  

As you could imagine all kinds of stuff were going through my head in the waiting room when they separated us, turns out this is how this Interview Officer does marriage interviews.  He was extremely polite, kind and helpful.  Bottom line is being separated does not mean something  bad, this just could  be part of the process for some IOs.

Got an alert saying “My card is being produced”.  Now just waiting on oath ceremony date. 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Pasquel said:

We had our I-751/N-400 combo interview yesterday in Denver, all in all everything went great and we were approved verbally on the spot.  Wanted to share our experience.

We arrived 30 mins early and checked in. My wife’s name was called and we both proceeded to the Interview Officer.  He then said since part of this is a marriage interview we are going to separate you.  This was very stressful to say the least, he had not even talked to us together but started off by separating us. He asked me to stay in the waiting area while he took my wife into back to the office.   The wait was stressful to say the least.  While I was waiting he went through I-751 questions which included:

- Where did we meet?

- How come we travel so often?

- Where we went for a honeymoon?

- Some clarification questions about addresses.

Then he went into the N-400 questions.  Went through the application and all it’s questions.  The below were his civic questions he asked:

-  Name one branch or part of the government.

- Who is in charge of the executive branch.

- Name one right only for U.S citizens.

- What are the two rights of everyone living in the U.S.

- Name two national holidays.

- Name one of the 2 longest rivers in the U.S.

After this he ask me to come into his office, he did not make my wife leave so we were now in the office together.  He then said I have to ask a few questions to validate the marriage but I believe the marriage is legitimate, this did make the setting much more relaxed.  He then asked the following questions:

- Where did I meet my wife.

- What was her b-day.

- Where did we go for our honeymoon.

- What was our address at a certain date.

Then he said all looks good here, I’m going to approve both cases and he congratulated my wife on becoming a US citizen.  He then started telling us we could bring as many people as we like for the oath ceremony.  He also explained how to expedite the passport right at the ceremony as there should be department of state reps at the ceremony to accept passport applications.  

As you could imagine all kinds of stuff were going through my head in the waiting room when they separated us, turns out this is how this Interview Officer does marriage interviews.  He was extremely polite, kind and helpful.  Bottom line is being separated does not mean something  bad, this just could  be part of the process for some IOs.

Got an alert saying “My card is being produced”.  Now just waiting on oath ceremony date. 

Congratulations !!! do you know what we need to apply for passport at the ceremony ? Mine is next monday.

2 hours ago, pkgc said:

Congratulations !!! do you know what we need to apply for passport at the ceremony ? Mine is next monday.

I was told you can fill out the DS-11 application onsite at USCIS during your oath ceremony, they will give it to you in your packet.  However I would plan to have this application already filled out before you arrive. You should bring the following:

• Form DS-11, completed but not signed (Must be signed in front of them apparently)
  • Evidence of U.S. citizenship (The naturalization certificate you will receive that day)
  • Photocopy of evidence of U.S. citizenship (I guess you need a photocopy of the naturalization certificate not sure you can do that at USCIS??)
  • Photo ID
  • Photocopy of photo ID
  • Passport photo

If you do the above at the oath ceremony the average wait time is 4-6 weeks.  Because I need to get it expedited for travel at the beginning of July I plan to make an appointment at the Passport center in Aurora, CO as they can process in 8 days if I bring proof that of upcoming travel (purchased plane tickets).  Hope this helps.

Timeline
On 5/9/2019 at 11:33 AM, Pasquel said:

I was told you can fill out the DS-11 application onsite at USCIS during your oath ceremony, they will give it to you in your packet.  However I would plan to have this application already filled out before you arrive. You should bring the following:

• Form DS-11, completed but not signed (Must be signed in front of them apparently)
  • Evidence of U.S. citizenship (The naturalization certificate you will receive that day)
  • Photocopy of evidence of U.S. citizenship (I guess you need a photocopy of the naturalization certificate not sure you can do that at USCIS??)
  • Photo ID
  • Photocopy of photo ID
  • Passport photo

If you do the above at the oath ceremony the average wait time is 4-6 weeks.  Because I need to get it expedited for travel at the beginning of July I plan to make an appointment at the Passport center in Aurora, CO as they can process in 8 days if I bring proof that of upcoming travel (purchased plane tickets).  Hope this helps.

On the DS 11 application they ask for parents name Mother/Father/Parent Of Applicant, First and middle name and then last name (at birth). My mom changed her name after marriage so should it be her name before marriage ?/

Mothers name before marriage - Jane Bob Doe

Fathers name - James Tom Smith

Mothers name after marraige - Jane James Smith

So on the form, should I fill

Jane James Doe

OR

Jane Bob Doe

Appreciate the help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.