2020-10-27 - Interview Date
2020-10-30 - Approval Date

Citizenship

CIS Office - New York City NY
2019-08-05 - Filed online
2020-10-29 - Approved
2020-10-29 - Oath ceremony letter mailed

Got the notice that an interview is ready to be scheduled!

Has anyone here done a waiver case interview? I know people generally bring along extra evidence they has come up since filing, but considering we divorced since the filing, that’s going to be a little difficult.

Any suggestions?

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Still waiting on i-751 filed in Sept 2018... I've actually had my N400 interview as I applied last July. Imagine and I'm still waiting on i-751. Talk about slooooow

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

On 9/25/2020 at 4:10 AM, MorganandMichael said:

Got the notice that an interview is ready to be scheduled!

Has anyone here done a waiver case interview? I know people generally bring along extra evidence they has come up since filing, but considering we divorced since the filing, that’s going to be a little difficult.

Any suggestions?

I did a waiver interview in Los Angeles a couple of weeks ago.

I mostly brought the same files that I already sent plus tax records during the divorce year and anything else I could produce. My advice bring anything/everything you sent to them during the entire process. The IO that interviewed me did not have a copy of my intent to switch to a divorce waiver from a joint filing. So he didn't have a copy of my final divorce decree or any other the documents that I sent other than the ones I sent over two years ago even though I sent an RFE package two months prior.

• 1 month later...

Still waiting on I-751 here. We received an RFE late last year, sent the response, and in February they switched us to "ready to be scheduled for an interview". Nothing since then. We're married (so no waiver), and just want to be done with this part. Any ideas on how long this can take or if there is a way to have them check in on the status? We made a case inquiry and were only notified that the local office will contact us once they've scheduled the interview. Is there anything else we can do? (We/I cannot file N-400 as I need to file with my country first once I have the new GC.)

Timeline
6 hours ago, happiestoflives said:

Still waiting on I-751 here. We received an RFE late last year, sent the response, and in February they switched us to "ready to be scheduled for an interview". Nothing since then. We're married (so no waiver), and just want to be done with this part. Any ideas on how long this can take or if there is a way to have them check in on the status? We made a case inquiry and were only notified that the local office will contact us once they've scheduled the interview. Is there anything else we can do? (We/I cannot file N-400 as I need to file with my country first once I have the new GC.)

I'm still waiting as well so now guess as to how much longer it will take. But I did apply  n400 and I had interview but cant get approved until the i-751

11 hours ago, Thegirl said:

I'm still waiting as well so now guess as to how much longer it will take. But I did apply  n400 and I had interview but cant get approved until the i-751

Was the process hard for the N400

Am 2019 filler I submitted my documents for I 751 on Feb 3 did my bio around March  13 I think;haven't had anything from them till now.I know there short stuff but things are really moving slow for them.So waiting till Feb 29 if I don't hear from them all start my process for my Citizenship  Asap.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, Thegirl said:

I would recommend calling and asking for Tier 2 support and see if you get lucky. Also call your congress representative office to see if they can reach out to USCIS office.

Lifting Conditions

2018-09-20 - I-751 filed with Vermont Service Center
2020-10-30 - Approval Date

Citizenship

CIS Office - New York City NY
2019-08-05 - Filed online
2020-10-29 - Approved
2020-10-29 - Oath ceremony letter mailed

Timeline
10 hours ago, outaway3 said:

I would recommend calling and asking for Tier 2 support and see if you get lucky. Also call your congress representative office to see if they can reach out to USCIS office.

Thanks I've spoken to Tier 2 the case is going, just slowly. There's not really anything reps and senators can do except query but I've been kept up to date on my case. Not worried yet 🙂 

Timeline
10 hours ago, adipo21 said:

Was the process hard for the N400

I found it pretty Simple and straightforward. Nothing complicated in my case and the interview was about 20 - 30 minutes-ensuring everything on the application was accurate and up to date, the civics tests which is easy if you study and I'm a native English speaker so I had no issues with the reading and writing sections. Only delay was that I moved and even then I still got an interview date within normal time. 

1 hour ago, Thegirl said:

I found it pretty Simple and straightforward. Nothing complicated in my case and the interview was about 20 - 30 minutes-ensuring everything on the application was accurate and up to date, the civics tests which is easy if you study and I'm a native English speaker so I had no issues with the reading and writing sections. Only delay was that I moved and even then I still got an interview date within normal time. 

Where did u find the topics for the Civi test?how long did it take before u got ur interview?

Timeline
1 hour ago, adipo21 said:

Where did u find the topics for the Civi test?how long did it take before u got ur interview?

9 months in NYC which is pretty good for NYC but got canceled because of covid then got rescheduled again in Sept when things opened back up. 

Questions on uscis website link below

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/find-study-materials-and-resources/study-for-the-test/100-civics-questions-and-answers-with-mp3-audio-english-version

Edited by Thegirl

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Finally got my i-751 approved today and status updated to New Card is Being Produced. 26 months! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.