MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Aloevera said:

Hello everyone!

In the case tracker, my case status changed from case was approved to case was sent to the departement of state; does this means that my case is received by nvc or my case just in its way to nvc? In the noa2 letter i received 14 days ago when my case was approved, it says case was approved and sent to nvc. I am kind of confused if my case was sent to nvc at the same time when my i 130 was aporoved(14 days ago) or they just sent it today.

Thanks.

It means they sent it to NVC. They usually send it off to NVC within days of approval. I started calling NVC within 2 weeks after approval to find out if they’ve received it. They will give you that information. From what I see, it’s about a month after approval that case # is assigned. 

10 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

It means they sent it to NVC. They usually send it off to NVC within days of approval. I started calling NVC within 2 weeks after approval to find out if they’ve received it. They will give you that information. From what I see, it’s about a month after approval that case # is assigned. 

Thanks a lot for your response

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 9/1/2019 at 11:32 AM, JeffXiad said:

Got approved August 30, 2019

When I was at the end of my rope and wanting to give up already. God is always faithful. 

NOA1 - August 30, 3018

NOA2 - August 30, 2019

After one year. NVC here we go. 

Ours was 9-9-19...took 13 months to get this far. Good luck!

Timeline
On 8/24/2019 at 6:26 AM, Ayako2019 said:

Thank you!!! How fast is NVC process??? I heard should be done for 3months if it goes smooth??? Hope your husband can come to you very quick. Maybe by Christmas???  I will keep you updated too.. You gave me a big hope.  

Sadly, my husband is from Pakistan. There is ALWAYS a long AP for them.

9 hours ago, Ayako2019 said:

Waiting for over a year now.( NBC) and our 3rd inquiry numbers request and we finally got this. 

6514545C-BD64-4BFD-8043-2BF9CBCA8C5D.jpeg

Hi 😢 I truly hoped you would have good news by now. I read the response above and it breaks my heart for you guys. I think you should consider ombudsman at this point. https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance go to this website. They are part of homeland security and can help you after you’ve gotten nowhere with uscis. They can’t make any decisions for uscis, but they step in and contact them and if there is truly nothing wrong with your case as the response you received above is saying, they may be able to push it along. There’s nothing wrong with trying another route at this point. Make sure you have all the responses saved from uscis regarding all the inquiries your husband has submitted already. You will need to send this to them as evidence of “trying”. Please let me know how it goes. I am sorry again and hope this will get you your approval once and for all. 🙏🏼

3 weeks after I received noa2 I had a chance to talked to customer representative from nvc. According to her they didn’t received my papers yet, she even said that it will take up to 6 weeks for them to receive the papers from Uscis. She advised me to call them if after 6 weeks I didn’t hear anything from them. 🤷‍♀️

9 hours ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Hi 😢 I truly hoped you would have good news by now. I read the response above and it breaks my heart for you guys. I think you should consider ombudsman at this point. https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance go to this website. They are part of homeland security and can help you after you’ve gotten nowhere with uscis. They can’t make any decisions for uscis, but they step in and contact them and if there is truly nothing wrong with your case as the response you received above is saying, they may be able to push it along. There’s nothing wrong with trying another route at this point. Make sure you have all the responses saved from uscis regarding all the inquiries your husband has submitted already. You will need to send this to them as evidence of “trying”. Please let me know how it goes. I am sorry again and hope this will get you your approval once and for all. 🙏🏼

Thank you.. @inneedofmyhb  I am glad your process went well though.... yes I didn't know about Ombudsman. I will tell my husband about that. His congress ppl did contact my husband after he reached out for another inquiry number and surprised we haven't heard anything yet. His congress ppl said they would step up and said ask for more push for NBC ( it will be 3rd time for them to try) we will see what happens after that.... It has been a year and two weeks... we are so tired of this wait .

Timeline
11 hours ago, Ayako2019 said:

Thank you.. @inneedofmyhb  I am glad your process went well though.... yes I didn't know about Ombudsman. I will tell my husband about that. His congress ppl did contact my husband after he reached out for another inquiry number and surprised we haven't heard anything yet. His congress ppl said they would step up and said ask for more push for NBC ( it will be 3rd time for them to try) we will see what happens after that.... It has been a year and two weeks... we are so tired of this wait .

What is NBC? I know NSC and NVC, but NBC? Thanks for the info!

49 minutes ago, Marriednow said:

National Benefit Center. The receipt number starts from MSC. It’s one of the slowest and complicated center. Lol. They don’t show no processing time. My daughter is adopted so her I 130 has been there over a year. 😢

2 hours ago, Marriednow said:

The National Benefits Centers. Their basically the “Mother” Service center. When offices are overloaded or their is an issue, they will forward to nbc, from there nbc will either keep it and process themselves or they will forward to the appropriate service center. My petition was originally at TSC and then after 8 months it was forwarded to nbc, nbc then forwarded to my local office, it was approved there. I hope this helps. 

10 hours ago, imjustintime said:

2 weeks later. I got a notice from case tracker that they sent my petition to nvc!

Finally! I never waited nor received any updates as to when they sent it to NVC. To this day, it still says case approved. After about 1 1/2 weeks of getting approved, I started calling NVC and they told me on 8/16 they received my case. So just start calling next week to make sure it gets there. Once NVC received it it’s approx 1 month until case number is assigned. Good luck! 🤞🏼🤞🏼

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.