MK_25

I-130 Filers August 2018 [merged threads]

1,255 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, imjustintime said:

My long awaited 08/21/18 finally got approved today 09/03/19! 

Congrats!!

How did you get your approval?

We are still waiting.... 

Hi All, so we are now waiting for our papers to be forwarded to NVC. I've done my research already to be NVC ready and it seems like my comprehension isn't good. Cause I still feel stuck. Please help, guys. 

I want to know what to do after you receive the NOA2 and what are the documents to be submitted to NVC, plus should we wait for NVC to contact us before submitting the required documents? Please help. Feeling lost in the process. 

Thank you, guys in advance for the help. 

5 hours ago, Stephania.712 said:

Congrats!!

How did you get your approval?

We are still waiting.... 

Thanks!

Case tracker sent me an approved notification

13 hours ago, JeffXiad said:

Hi All, so we are now waiting for our papers to be forwarded to NVC. I've done my research already to be NVC ready and it seems like my comprehension isn't good. Cause I still feel stuck. Please help, guys. 

I want to know what to do after you receive the NOA2 and what are the documents to be submitted to NVC, plus should we wait for NVC to contact us before submitting the required documents? Please help. Feeling lost in the process. 

Congrats on your approval. There isn’t anything you can do or submit until you receive your case number from NVC. If you used lawyer for your petition, they usually will forward the case number to them via email/us mail. And they may copy you on it. It’s a hit and miss situation. We were approved on 8/1 and I started calling NVC 2 weeks after to inquire if case number has been generated. They received our petition on 8/16 but still no case number. Once you have a case number, you are able to login and then follow the instructions from there as to what documents are needed. It’s a bit different from a fiancé visa to an immigrant visa so I don’t want to give you wrong info.  Go to this board. There is very helpful information here. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/717402-nvc-filers-september-2019/

18 hours ago, imjustintime said:

My long awaited 08/21/18 finally got approved today 09/03/19! 

Congrats! Onto NVC! Go here to this board. Its been very helpful.

49 minutes ago, inneedofmyhb said:

Congrats on your approval. There isn’t anything you can do or submit until you receive your case number from NVC. If you used lawyer for your petition, they usually will forward the case number to them via email/us mail. And they may copy you on it. It’s a hit and miss situation. We were approved on 8/1 and I started calling NVC 2 weeks after to inquire if case number has been generated. They received our petition on 8/16 but still no case number. Once you have a case number, you are able to login and then follow the instructions from there as to what documents are needed. It’s a bit different from a fiancé visa to an immigrant visa so I don’t want to give you wrong info.  Go to this board. There is very helpful information here. 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/717402-nvc-filers-september-2019/

Thank you, Dear for your reply. I noticed that you are very helpful and uplifting in this page.  I think I was just overly excited that's the reason why I was going "gaga". We just want to be together so badly cause we've waited for so long already. I really appreciate the help. Good luck to us. Hope soon we will be hearing from NVC

10 hours ago, JeffXiad said:

Thank you, Dear for your reply. I noticed that you are very helpful and uplifting in this page.  I think I was just overly excited that's the reason why I was going "gaga". We just want to be together so badly cause we've waited for so long already. I really appreciate the help. Good luck to us. Hope soon we will be hearing from NVC

You’re  so welcome. I know how you feel. We’ve been going through this since 2017. I haven’t seen my husband since October. We patiently waited so I could attend the embassy interview with him never expecting it was going to take a year to approve our petition. It has truly been financially and emotionally straining but in the end, it will all have been worth it. The time will come for us all. Let’s cross our fingers that NVC happens quickly! Good luck!! ☺️

On 9/3/2019 at 1:41 PM, JeffXiad said:

We're on the same boat! How long have you been waiting now since your NOA2? 

On 9/4/2019 at 9:44 PM, inneedofmyhb said:

Well, hehe it's just been only a week from the time we received our NoA2 mail. I just noticed though that most people in the NVC thread got their welcome letter 6 to 10 days from the date of their NoA2 so I am kind of hoping we will receive our welcome email soon. Good luck to us. Hope we will hear from NVC soon so we could start the next step. 

5 hours ago, imjustintime said:

We're on the same boat! How long have you been waiting now since your NOA2? 

Well, hehe it's just been only a week from the time we received our NoA2 mail. I just noticed though that most people in the NVC thread got their welcome letter 6 to 10 days from the date of their NoA2 so I am kind of hoping we will receive our welcome email soon. Good luck to us. Hope we will hear from NVC soon so we could start the next step.

5 hours ago, JeffXiad said:

Well, hehe it's just been only a week from the time we received our NoA2 mail. I just noticed though that most people in the NVC thread got their welcome letter 6 to 10 days from the date of their NoA2 so I am kind of hoping we will receive our welcome email soon. Good luck to us. Hope we will hear from NVC soon so we could start the next step. 

Well, hehe it's just been only a week from the time we received our NoA2 mail. I just noticed though that most people in the NVC thread got their welcome letter 6 to 10 days from the date of their NoA2 so I am kind of hoping we will receive our welcome email soon. Good luck to us. Hope we will hear from NVC soon so we could start the next step.

6 to 10 days is very optimistic. Mine took almost 6 weeks. About three weeks to get to NVC, then another 3 weeks for the case number. 

Just spoke with a very nice woman at NVC, they  are working on petitions received 8/12....

If you don’t know when your NVC received your petition, call them and they will tell you. Have your receipt number ready. Hope this helps those who are waiting. 

Hello, I just got my hard copy NOA2 today in the mail. It has a notice date of august 30th, different from case tracker (sept 3rd) . It states that they sent it to nvc. Is the notice date for NOA2 or a notice that they sent it to nvc? Thanks in advance! 

On 9/7/2019 at 7:18 PM, imjustintime said:

Hello, I just got my hard copy NOA2 today in the mail. It has a notice date of august 30th, different from case tracker (sept 3rd) . It states that they sent it to nvc. Is the notice date for NOA2 or a notice that they sent it to nvc? Thanks in advance! 

Congrats again!! My notice was the same thing. Dated July 31st, case tracker 8/1. Next week start calling NVC, they will tell you once they receive your petition. 

Hello everyone!

In the case tracker, my case status changed from case was approved to case was sent to the departement of state; does this means that my case is received by nvc or my case just in its way to nvc? In the noa2 letter i received 14 days ago when my case was approved, it says case was approved and sent to nvc. I am kind of confused if my case was sent to nvc at the same time when my i 130 was aporoved(14 days ago) or they just sent it today.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.