Fredajean7

A second Interview

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hi everyone! I can use any help right now. I’m looking forward to hearing from anyone with similar experience.

My husband was scheduled for his initial immigrant visa recently...I decided to travel  to The Bahamas in order to assisted my husband at the interview since he is not fluent in English. 

The interview went well,  The Officer said that everything sounds great and that we only need to bring back a Police Certificate from DR and that as soon as they received it,  the IV will be approved...a week later my husband bought back the Police Certificate.

After my husband dropped off the requested documents, an officer told him that,  he will be called on Monday to bring back his passport since they weren’t working on that day(Friday).  On Tuesday he got a phone call to bring his passport to the embassy...then he was told to pick up his passport on Thursday.  Then on Thursday he went to the embassy to pick up his passport.  The same officer that interviewed us called him to the window gave him the passport back WITHOUT the visa and requested that he contacted the embassy by email to schedule for a second interview...to be re-interview with his spouse (dual interview).  The only reason I can think of is that we got married within two months after we have met...our first year anniversary will be in October 2018. Can anyone think of any other reasons or any similar experiences??? I love my husband dearly and I can’t wait for him to be here with me....Please any input will be greatly appreciated while we are waiting for the outcome...thanks in advance!!!

Timeline

My husband was asked to go for a second interview for his IV application. Even though I was there for the first initial interview... they also asked for a dual interview. Any idea why or any similar case??? Thank you!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

The people who can best get a clue what the problem is, would be you and your spouse.  Marrying within two months of meeting is a potential red flag, but there is likely more to it than that.  One of you probably knows what the problem is, or only the Consular Officer does.  We could only speculate and have very little information to go on.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Hi! I really appreciate your reply and thank you! I understand meeting someone  and married him within  2 months is unusual.  I was praying for a husband, not only that it was love at first sight, we are both of the same faith, so we decided, when we met if there’s good chemistry we will get married right the way.  From my experience, i know God have answered my prayers. Within that year, I visited him 3 times. I also went to his home town and meet his family and he also met mine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
17 hours ago, Fredajean7 said:

Hi! I really appreciate your reply and thank you! I understand meeting someone  and married him within  2 months is unusual.  I was praying for a husband, not only that it was love at first sight, we are both of the same faith, so we decided, when we met if there’s good chemistry we will get married right the way.  From my experience, i know God have answered my prayers. Within that year, I visited him 3 times. I also went to his home town and meet his family and he also met mine.

A Dual Interview almost sounds like a Stokes interview to me. They basically are going to question you and your husband separately and interrogate you both for a good hour. Usually when this happens they suspect Fraud. Are their any other red flags, any previous marriages, although it is unusual to marry within 2 monthsnof meeting, there seems to be more to this. 

Timeline

Good day and thanks for your reply Maria! To me the only red flag I can think of is married him within two months since this is unusual...yes I was married before for 15 years and had 3 kids with my ex husband. I have been divorced for more than 4 years. My now husband has never been married and he only have 1 kid. My husband is 36 and I’m 40...we are already scheduled the new interview date for this month.  I’m looking forward to it...the only thing that sucks is that 6 hours flight to The Bahamas from Vegas that I have to do in a month cause I was just down there for his initial interview last month.... but for hubby, I will do anything😊

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone!  Just an update, thanks everyone for your input👍, I went to the dual interview, it was normal. We were just asked a lot of questions about a few common things....lasted almost two hours. After that we asked to pickup the passport in two days.  Now my husband is here in the USA with.  Glory be to God Almighty 🙏🏽❤️🙏🏽❤️🙏🏽

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.