Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone , please I will like to know how long it usually take to get work permit or work visa or to say it in general term when will I be eligible to work after entering the US with K1 visa?  Thank you

3 hours ago, Oluwasegun said:

Hello everyone , please I will like to know how long it usually take to get work permit or work visa or to say it in general term when will I be eligible to work after entering the US with K1 visa?  Thank you

Depends when you submit your AOS package. Once submitted you can expect authorization for work to be about 3-6 months away.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

5 hours ago, G&E said:

No I believe it should be your cédula # 

Here is the official ID for DR http://www.identity-cards.net/record/dominican-republic This acts as your National ID. And like I said, you can leave it blank and it would not cause any problems.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Depends when you submit your AOS package. Once submitted you can expect authorization for work to be about 3-6 months away.

Thank you so much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
40 minutes ago, JeffT said:

hey everyone, im currently scheduling an interview and was wondering if the petitioner can pay for the visa fee.

Payment methods and options vary by country. Moneygram is almost always an option if it's a country such as Ukraine that requires you to print off a deposit slip and make the payment at a specific bank in person. Make sure to pay attention to exchange rates as it seems the banks the US Dept of State use have a bit higher rate than the average. Russia allows payment by debit/credit card, so I just did that.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello,

Its been 11 business days since I received NOA2, so I’ve been thinking about calling the NVC to ask for my new case number. 

Is the beneficiary able to call and get the case number or does it have to be the petitioner? Only because USCIS has declined answering my questions in the past and my partner (petitioner) had to call them back 🙄

cheers

alice

K1 Visa NOA1:  March 2018

K1 Visa NOA2: Sept 2018 

K1 Approved: Nov 2018 (184 days/6 months since NOA1) 

Married 4th Jan 2019 

AOS NOA1: 4th Feb 2019

Biometrics: 25th Feb 2019

AOS interview: Oct 2019 (261 days from NOA1)

EAD/AP NOA1: Feb 2019 

EAD/AP Approved/Rc'd: Aug 2019 (196 days since NOA1) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, dkmfan85 said:

Payment methods and options vary by country. Moneygram is almost always an option if it's a country such as Ukraine that requires you to print off a deposit slip and make the payment at a specific bank in person. Make sure to pay attention to exchange rates as it seems the banks the US Dept of State use have a bit higher rate than the average. Russia allows payment by debit/credit card, so I just did that.

So can I (petitioner) pay for it or does it have to be the beneficiary ?

Edited by JeffT

38 minutes ago, AlicerCooper said:

Hello,

Its been 11 business days since I received NOA2, so I’ve been thinking about calling the NVC to ask for my new case number. 

Is the beneficiary able to call and get the case number or does it have to be the petitioner? Only because USCIS has declined answering my questions in the past and my partner (petitioner) had to call them back 🙄

cheers

alice

Either can call. You will need to know both full names and date of births. 

Just a bit of advice needed guys...I’ve booked my medical for 14th November, case is still at NVC. My fiancé in America has just found out sadly that her dad has potentially a few weeks left to live and has been put into hospice and it’s been a massive shock to the family. I was wanting to go over for a couple of weeks. As long as I have my return ticket and maybe my proof of medical exam and I obviously explain the reason if asked do you think I will be ok to travel? Any info/thoughts would be massively appreciated. 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Becksnjessie said:

Just a bit of advice needed guys...I’ve booked my medical for 14th November, case is still at NVC. My fiancé in America has just found out sadly that her dad has potentially a few weeks left to live and has been put into hospice and it’s been a massive shock to the family. I was wanting to go over for a couple of weeks. As long as I have my return ticket and maybe my proof of medical exam and I obviously explain the reason if asked do you think I will be ok to travel? Any info/thoughts would be massively appreciated. 😊

Hi,

I am currently in the US for a week and I have my medical and interview booked. Immigration just did the standard "where are you staying, how long are you here?" and let me through. I think you should be fine.

I had proof of my booked interview/medical and return flight ready just in case but it wasn't required.

event.png

NOA 1: 26 Dec 2017

RFE 22 August 2018

NOA 2: 08 September 2018

Medical: 16 October 2018

Interview: 22 October 2018

Visa in Hand: 2 November 2018 

POE: 10 November 2018 - Baltimore

Wedding:  :wub: :

Distance is no demon,

Often I think it can be a blessing for those in love,

a silent, underappreciated blessing.

It will have no power over us.

When you come stumbling to my door after months, with flowers and wine in hand,

I will be ready.

When I pick you up from the airport, the feeling will be unmatched,

that feeling like birds bursting in song from beneath my lungs, 

that feeling unlike any other.

We have to stay strong and remember what is most important;

I love you, and you, me.

The air between us is nothing but a metaphor.

Nothing, not one thing, can come between us.

- Christopher Poindexter - 

10 minutes ago, Soonish said:

Hi,

I am currently in the US for a week and I have my medical and interview booked. Immigration just did the standard "where are you staying, how long are you here?" and let me through. I think you should be fine.

I had proof of my booked interview/medical and return flight ready just in case but it wasn't required.

Thankyou!! My original ESTA has just run out so I have applied for a new one this evening, so hoping it comes back as authorised! Then will book my flights 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Becksnjessie said:

Thankyou!! My original ESTA has just run out so I have applied for a new one this evening, so hoping it comes back as authorised! Then will book my flights 😊

That should be fine too, I did the exact same thing because I renewed my passport and only realised the evening before I flew that I needed to renew my ESTA. It was approved almost immediately. They didn't email me though, I had to go back on the website and check my application to see that it was approved.

Hope you have a good trip. I am sorry it is not for a happier reason. 

event.png

NOA 1: 26 Dec 2017

RFE 22 August 2018

NOA 2: 08 September 2018

Medical: 16 October 2018

Interview: 22 October 2018

Visa in Hand: 2 November 2018 

POE: 10 November 2018 - Baltimore

Wedding:  :wub: :

Distance is no demon,

Often I think it can be a blessing for those in love,

a silent, underappreciated blessing.

It will have no power over us.

When you come stumbling to my door after months, with flowers and wine in hand,

I will be ready.

When I pick you up from the airport, the feeling will be unmatched,

that feeling like birds bursting in song from beneath my lungs, 

that feeling unlike any other.

We have to stay strong and remember what is most important;

I love you, and you, me.

The air between us is nothing but a metaphor.

Nothing, not one thing, can come between us.

- Christopher Poindexter - 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Hey so does anyone know if this Visa Fee they refer to in Packet 4 sent with the K1visa is referring to a brand new fee that is paid during the interview or is the same Fee I paid on the CGI federal site when I scheduled my interview. Because in Packet 4 it discusses a three hundred something fee but when I did my scheduling it was only a 265 fee.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
4 hours ago, JeffT said:

So can I (petitioner) pay for it or does it have to be the beneficiary ?

It depends. Figure out what the payment instructions are for Japan through ustraveldocs.com. Then you will know if you can pay directly or indirectly like the two examples I gave in my last reply. There's no rule that says you can't provide the funds. It just depends on what the embassy in Japan wants or accepts as payment as to how you will go about paying. If it wasn't clear enough in my last reply: If debit/credit card payment is an option, pay that way. If the petitioner has to go pay at a bank, then wire her the funds through any of various methods to do that.

Edited by dkmfan85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.