Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Does having a student loan affect the affidavit support income being that your fiancé has a decent 2-3X over the poverty level income and a savings account? 

Should he state he pays it every month and show proof of the loan and the payments?

We don't want that to affect our visa approval. 

Timeline
On 28 September 2018 at 5:01 PM, FromBtoZ said:

What’s the answer?!

I don't think the "agent" and "pay fees" is applicable to fiancé visa. I read my embassy guidelines and it did not mention that for fiancé visa.

Timeline

After the NOA2, it moves to the NVC, then it's entered in their system I guess and we receive several number including the case number. What makes/qualifies our package to be sent to the embassy? Does the petitioner have to send anything to NVC? Or does it vary by embassy? 

What actually does the NVC letter state? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
8 hours ago, Edisela said:

After the NOA2, it moves to the NVC, then it's entered in their system I guess and we receive several number including the case number. What makes/qualifies our package to be sent to the embassy? Does the petitioner have to send anything to NVC? Or does it vary by embassy? 

What actually does the NVC letter state? 

Nothing meeds to be done except signing up for the email notification so you know when you have a case number.  Once you get a case number you wait for them to send to the embassy and the embassy to send you a package.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
5 minutes ago, BrianC said:

signing up for the email notification so you know when you have a case number.

What’s the site for this?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 minute ago, Lucy&Jason said:

I tried finding the site and gave up. I just called every other day until they said i had a cAse number and then i asked about the email.  Nvc said i had an email on file and then i gave them the fiance email and received the email notification two hours later.  

I did however email them before and ask them to update my email.

asknvc@state.gov  maybe you can try it also.

49 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Quoting @Greenbaum's post:

After getting notified and receiving your NOA2 send an email to NVC asking for them to email both you and your fiancé if any updates occur. In the past they have replied when your case was received from USCIS, another when your case number has been assigned and when your case is being sent out to your Embassy without you having to make any further queries by phone. Here is where you send this information to:

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Or use the online form

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

☺️

59 minutes ago, BrianC said:

Nothing meeds to be done except signing up for the email notification so you know when you have a case number.  Once you get a case number you wait for them to send to the embassy and the embassy to send you a package.  

the embassy send the package to the beneficiary or the petitionary, by Email or by mailbox?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Alex Lamarre said:

the embassy send the package to the beneficiary or the petitionary, by Email or by mailbox?

To the beneficiary and by mail..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline
11 hours ago, <3T&M<3 said:

Alright, so employment history for both of us ? 

That won't be a problem.

Seems pretty much we don't need any crazy paperwork then ?

Also 5 most recent trips to the USA with dates - it’s on your I-94

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone, its good to be here after a long waiting to get NOA2 sep26. I have been seen people talking about call NVC, my question is is it a must to call NVC before one gets a case number or it will be processed either way. I mean is calling part of the process or calling is just to speed up the process. And I will like to know the site in which I can get the step by step process from NVC to interview. Thank you.

2 minutes ago, Oluwasegun said:

Hello everyone, its good to be here after a long waiting to get NOA2 sep26. I have been seen people talking about call NVC, my question is is it a must to call NVC before one gets a case number or it will be processed either way. I mean is calling part of the process or calling is just to speed up the process. And I will like to know the site in which I can get the step by step process from NVC to interview. Thank you.

There are two camps, one is the Embassy let's you begin your process once you have the case number so many call because they need it to register for different entity's that require it like medical. Other Embassy's will not let begin till the receive your record and notify you so if that Embassy is yours then you need to hang tight and let the system work for you. BUT everyone seems to think that they have to be on the phone with the though that they are going to move the needle on their case and that CAN'T. So it's up to you which camp you will belong to.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Trying to Register on the site http://www.ustraveldocs.com, I got this message, can someone help me with this?

Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 10.58.52 AM.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

There are two camps, one is the Embassy let's you begin your process once you have the case number so many call because they need it to register for different entity's that require it like medical. Other Embassy's will not let begin till the receive your record and notify you so if that Embassy is yours then you need to hang tight and let the system work for you. BUT everyone seems to think that they have to be on the phone with the though that they are going to move the needle on their case and that CAN'T. So it's up to you which camp you will belong to.

My country is Nigeria and from what i see from other Nigerians who went through this process the embassy notified them after they receive their package. Is there any site where is can see the step by step process to the Interview date. Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.