Greenbaum

September 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

2,090 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Hey A_R congratulations. But your font size is too small for me to read. Can you just make it a little larger please. :rofl:

Damn!! I should be joining this thread to ease some stress... LMAO :rofl:

2 hours ago, V&R2018 said:

Hello everyone in this thread :)

I'm currently filling my DS-160 and there is this question "Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant petition on your behalf with the USCIS?" A:YES/NO

Does this refer prior our current petition?

It's a bit confusing.

Thanks in advance 

The key word is FILED. Not approved or completed. So has anyone ever FILED for you besides your current petitioner (in this case,  you = beneficiary). If so YES, if not NO. Most answer it NO as they have never had a case FILED for them prior to their current petitioner.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

1 hour ago, kohldjs said:

We have not gotten the medical done yet but she visited one of the places in Delhi that does the medical. They will need the letter from the embassy to find out what needs to be done.  I have seen other people on here who has done the medical at different cities. Unfortunately all interviews are done in Mumbai. Hope that helps

53 minutes ago, WhatAWait! said:

Thank you really for sharing your experience! It helps tremendously. This process seems like super confusing and crazy- besides the time it takes is maddening. Good luck with your application and hope it all goes well.  By the way are you planning on being there for the interview?

MEDICAL REPORT: Bring your medical report. You will need to undergo a medical exam 
from one of the Consulate’s panel physicians before your interview. Information on scheduling 
your medical exam is available at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html.

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB IV Packet 4 for Ks January 2015 Revision_001.pdf Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number. Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, JayHouser said:

Thanks! Thats super helpful! So i will be OKAY to do Ds160 and medical at least? And it wont hurt trying to schedule the interview?

I'm suggesting, and without your Embassy's instructions, you would do no harm but maybe face a decline of your scheduled interview till such time as your Embassy allows if you were to move forward on your own. Read the links I gave you before being proactive. Good luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, WhatAWait! said:

Thank you really for sharing your experience! It helps tremendously. This process seems like super confusing and crazy- besides the time it takes is maddening. Good luck with your application and hope it all goes well.  By the way are you planning on being there for the interview?

I am planning to at least go with her inside the Consulate. Reading the consulate reviews it appears that everyone stays at the Trident which is a bit pricey from the reviews but very convenient. After hearing from fiance the traffic nightmares in Mumbai, I think we will go with the safe bet and pay a little extra. Hope this gives a little information on the interview part.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

MEDICAL REPORT: Bring your medical report. You will need to undergo a medical exam 
from one of the Consulate’s panel physicians before your interview. Information on scheduling 
your medical exam is available at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html.

Here is the letter that you will receive from Mumbai Embassy. Read it over carefully and follow the instructions. Another member of VJ added some additional information contained below which outlines what he experienced. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xukUjdqnKM7yqrkqfPfl8tCao_BY2XsC/view?usp=sharing https://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/1057584/senkx/BMB IV Packet 4 for Ks January 2015 Revision_001.pdf Once you received your case number from NVC,  I would recommend you fill out DS-160 form and submit. Some say the packet 3 letter is nothing just waste of time same thing they have mention which you easily get from USCIS website when you called to the clinics to book your medical appointment date they will ask you have you received your packet letter or not. Just say yes and booked the appointment date however you will receive that letter within 2 weeks the day you will get your NVC number. Go on USCIS website make your account with password and then pay your fees to Citibank or Axis bank. They will give you reference number. With that number you can book your biometric and interview appointment date. The fees are 18,500 and for medical but I recommend that you carry 20,000 with you in the event you need more. Be sure to  keep at least 7 days gap between medical and interview.

Thanks for the information. 

Hi! We were approved on September 5th and every time we call NVC they tell us they don't have any information about our case and they ask for what kind of visa we filed

Does this mean they just haven't received our case or should we worry? We got approved by mail only (No website or notification). 

Thanks ! 

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (POTOMAC SERVICE CENTER)

12/21/2020: Mailed I-751 

12/30/2020: Case received YSC 

2/4/2021: Check cashed 

2/6/2021: NOA1 received 

1 hour ago, vinnie&andy said:

Hi! We were approved on September 5th and every time we call NVC they tell us they don't have any information about our case and they ask for what kind of visa we filed

Does this mean they just haven't received our case or should we worry? We got approved by mail only (No website or notification). 

Thanks ! 

They don't have any information because USCIS hasn't sent your file. Sometimes 2 weeks sometimes more. No one can say for sure. I would invite you to call every other day then every day as it's not necessary. The best way to notified about your case is to register your email.

After getting notified and receiving your NOA2 send an email to NVC asking for them to email both you and your fiancé if any updates occur. In the past they have replied when your case was received from USCIS, another when your case number has been assigned and when your case is being sent out to your Embassy without you having to make any further queries by phone. Here is where you send this information to:

Email address: NVCINQUIRY@state.gov

Subject: Your receipt #

Body: Petitioner's Complete Name Birthday ; Beneficiary's Complete Name Birthday

Or use the online form

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

38 minutes ago, JayHouser said:

Another satisfied customer 😉

Thanks for laughing at yourself and with us. My intention sometimes is tongue in cheek humor. You have been a good sport. Best wishes. PS. You will always have a free pass for information from me. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

32 minutes ago, SilverMonk said:

We sent an email to NVC, like the sample one Greenbaum posted on here, and they e-mailed my fiancee tonight with our case number!

No say it isn't so. Really. So what I said worked. Neat!! :thumbs: 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

5 hours ago, FromBtoZ said:

Think you’ll find I made a statement, not a question! Was merely informing others so they can see how fast things may or may not be moving. I personally always like seeing when people hit their next stages.

funnily enough you have ignored the only question I posted in this forum, which😂😂 is NOT country specific, hence why I asked it in here as I figured it was a friendly place as any to start.. or not haha. 😛 

You Brits need to get a sense of humor. I was having fun but also pointing out the deficiency in the collaboration that all of you were trying to have and there really wasn't any concrete answers being shared.  So basically you were going no where.

I try and put a little learning in my answers, not for your sake necessarily, but for others who read the thread to also learn.  

If your ego is crushed I am sorry. Get over it. Now, I wish you smooth sailing and approvals soon. BTW follow the links that I gave earlier and you will have most of your questions answered. Especially the link to the UK sub-forum. See, more information to help you.

Ok, I have been here for 4 hours today answering these posts. I'm going to bed. Night.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Thanks for laughing at yourself and with us. My intention sometimes is tongue in cheek humor. You have been a good sport. Best wishes. PS. You will always have a free pass for information from me. :thumbs:

Haha you may regret that because I still have like 3 to 4 dumb questions that will be asked over the next week as we gear up for the interview schedule. I think I will play it safe and wait for the embassy to receive everything before doing anything else like DS or medical

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

You Brits need to get a sense of humor. I was having fun but also pointing out the deficiency in the collaboration that all of you were trying to have and there really wasn't any concrete answers being shared.  So basically you were going no where.

I try and put a little learning in my answers, not for your sake necessarily, but for others who read the thread to also learn.  

If your ego is crushed I am sorry. Get over it. Now, I wish you smooth sailing and approvals soon. BTW follow the links that I gave earlier and you will have most of your questions answered. Especially the link to the UK sub-forum. See, more information to help you.

Ok, I have been here for 4 hours today answering these posts. I'm going to bed. Night.

My post was tongue in cheek actually 😆 which is truly British and I was Joking with my post. You seem a little stressed so hope you are ok. 

Met: Aug 12, 2016 in San Diego

I129F Sent: Feb 25, 2018

NOA1: Feb 27, 2018

NOA 2: Sep 5, 2018

NVC Number Received: Sep 24, 2018

File Received at US Embassy London: 

Medical Date: October 24th 2018

Interview Date: November 13th 2018

Approved!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.