JackandRed

Received CR1 visa instead of 1r1. Marriage over two years. How can this be corrected?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
20 minutes ago, JackandRed said:

My husband received his visa but was stamped CR1 instead of 1r1? How can it be corrected? 

I don't know much about this I just wanted to congratulate you on the visa!!  I know you had a rough road.  So happy for you!!

Have him show the marriage certificate at POE if that doesn't work you can rectify it with the help of an attorney.  I'm not sure if adjustment of status after 90 days would do the trick someone else here will probably know more.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

I don't know much about this I just wanted to congratulate you on the visa!!  I know you had a rough road.  So happy for you!!

Have him show the marriage certificate at POE if that doesn't work you can rectify it with the help of an attorney.  I'm not sure if adjustment of status after 90 days would do the trick someone else here will probably know more.

Thanks.  We have been married over three years now.  We have met the requirement.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, JackandRed said:

My husband received his visa but was stamped CR1 instead of 1r1? How can it be corrected? 

He should report  it to the CBP agent at his port of entry.

Congratulations on this long and tough journey.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Yeah, don’t worry about the category on the visa, the difference between the date of marriage and date he enters US on that visa matters, which will definitely be more than 2 years. So he will receive a 10 yr GC after entering US.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline
56 minutes ago, Abies said:

He should report  it to the CBP agent at his port of entry.

Congratulations on this long and tough journey.

Thank you. 

41 minutes ago, arken said:

Yeah, don’t worry about the category on the visa, the difference between the date of marriage and date he enters US on that visa matters, which will definitely be more than 2 years. So he will receive a 10 yr GC after entering US.

Thank you. 

Timeline

Your case makes me hopeful! I received my response from USCIS and they have sent the case back to the Embassy in Senegal. Seeing your timeframe from the appeal decision to the issuance is about 4 months, I am gauging myself on that for us to hear something for scheduling (but you never know).

Congratulations again! Now time to live life, something so many people who don't go through this process seriously take for granted.

Congrats!

Timeline
On 8/30/2018 at 10:12 AM, cirenebrown said:

Your case makes me hopeful! I received my response from USCIS and they have sent the case back to the Embassy in Senegal. Seeing your timeframe from the appeal decision to the issuance is about 4 months, I am gauging myself on that for us to hear something for scheduling (but you never know).

Congratulations again! Now time to live life, something so many people who don't go through this process seriously take for granted.

Congrats!

Yes. Thank you so much for your kind words.  I  wish you all the best on your journey. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.