TBoneTX

I-751 March 2017 Filers, Part II

280 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried contacting USCIS for a "case outside of processing time" by filling up the online case inquiry and they decided to respond within a month? 

On 9/10/2018 at 4:51 PM, Natalie and Bruce said:

We received my step son's approval NOA today.  Nothing has changed on the online case status tool, but his ROC was approved.

Filed I-751 March 09, 2017 with CSC.

Transferred to NSC on May 10, 2018.

Approved September 07, 2018.

Hi, congratulations!!!!

My case also transferred to NSC on 10th May. But I still hear nothing from them. How did you know you get approval on 7th Sep? Did you call them or receive the approval letter?

thanks so much

@boosbear So I send USCIS a message trough the DHS website yesterday, to see if they could give me more information about my expedite request. They did and told me it got denied...lol great. So we will just wait another year or so for the I-90. 🤔

US Passport Application

Routine service
Applied: 12/3/2020

Received: 12/18/2020

Approved & Shipped: 1/11/2021

Passport Delivered:   1/14/2021

4 hours ago, Kira702 said:

Has anyone tried contacting USCIS for a "case outside of processing time" by filling up the online case inquiry and they decided to respond within a month? 

We did so online.  We received a form letter in about two weeks saying, "You should receive a decision or notice of other action within the next 60 days."  (Our NOA1 from VSC was 21 April 2017). On the advice of someone in the April 2017 Filer forum, we called a Tier 2 Officer on Monday and Tuesday this week.  Our I-751 was approved on 9/11, yesterday. We learned this in a text message this morning.  

2 hours ago, KMENDLESS said:

Hi, congratulations!!!!

My case also transferred to NSC on 10th May. But I still hear nothing from them. How did you know you get approval on 7th Sep? Did you call them or receive the approval letter?

thanks so much

We only found out when we received the approval letter in the mail.  I just checked the online status, and it still only shows the last action on 05/10, when it was transferred to NSC.

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/25/2014 Case received at NVC

03/28/2014 Case Number assigned

04/01/2014 DS-261 Available and completed

04/07/2014 AOS and IV bills paid

04/09/2014 Sent AOS package

04/10/2014 AOS package delivered to NVC

04/12/2014 DS-260 completed

04/14/2014 IV package sent

04/15/2014 IV package delivered to NVC

04/17/2014 NVC says "one piece of mail" regarding case received, can't specify which one AOS or IV

04/21/2014 "Two pieces of mail received", so AOS and IV packages both logged in.

05/06/2014 Case Complete.

05/13/2014 Interview scheduled

06/12/2014 Interview at Kiev Embassy

06/12/2014 Visa Approved!

Removal of conditions:

05/04/2016 I-751 Received at California Service Center

05/06/2016 NOA-1

1 hour ago, Y3+E said:

We did so online.  We received a form letter in about two weeks saying, "You should receive a decision or notice of other action within the next 60 days."  (Our NOA1 from VSC was 21 April 2017). On the advice of someone in the April 2017 Filer forum, we called a Tier 2 Officer on Monday and Tuesday this week.  Our I-751 was approved on 9/11, yesterday. We learned this in a text message this morning.  

Where do i get a tier 2 officer phone number? 

There must be some bugs in the system, or USCIS just stopped updating the online status system.  We received a notice via USPS informed delivery today, that we have a letter coming from the "USCIS-Lees Summit production facility" today.  I assume thats our sons new green card.

Still nothing since the 05/10/2018 update when we check his case status online.

02/07/2014 NOA2

02/25/2014 Case received at NVC

03/28/2014 Case Number assigned

04/01/2014 DS-261 Available and completed

04/07/2014 AOS and IV bills paid

04/09/2014 Sent AOS package

04/10/2014 AOS package delivered to NVC

04/12/2014 DS-260 completed

04/14/2014 IV package sent

04/15/2014 IV package delivered to NVC

04/17/2014 NVC says "one piece of mail" regarding case received, can't specify which one AOS or IV

04/21/2014 "Two pieces of mail received", so AOS and IV packages both logged in.

05/06/2014 Case Complete.

05/13/2014 Interview scheduled

06/12/2014 Interview at Kiev Embassy

06/12/2014 Visa Approved!

Removal of conditions:

05/04/2016 I-751 Received at California Service Center

05/06/2016 NOA-1

4 hours ago, Kira702 said:

Where do i get a tier 2 officer phone number? 

this is what I was given in the April 2017 forum.  You will be asked for your EAC number.  

On 9/10/2018 at 8:57 AM,  AlluringSoul said: 

USCIS # # 1-800-375-5283

Press 1 for English (if that's your choice of language)

Keep pressing 2 until you get transferred. Once you are speaking to a representative, ask them to be transferred to the Tier 2 officer as you would like to make a case inquiry. If they say they can't transfer you for some reason, let them know you have spoken to them before and ask to be transferred. The customer service people at USCIS can't make case inquiries and some will try not to transfer you because they believe they can 'help you'  🙂 If something doesn't go right, just call back.

Edited by Y3+E
Added a sentence

12 hours ago, Y3+E said:

this is what I was given in the April 2017 forum.  You will be asked for your EAC number.  

On 9/10/2018 at 8:57 AM,  AlluringSoul said: 

USCIS # # 1-800-375-5283

Press 1 for English (if that's your choice of language)

Keep pressing 2 until you get transferred. Once you are speaking to a representative, ask them to be transferred to the Tier 2 officer as you would like to make a case inquiry. If they say they can't transfer you for some reason, let them know you have spoken to them before and ask to be transferred. The customer service people at USCIS can't make case inquiries and some will try not to transfer you because they believe they can 'help you'  🙂 If something doesn't go right, just call back.

Thanks much!!!

Filed: Timeline
22 hours ago, Y3+E said:

So do u think calling sped up the processs for you guys? Cuz I called today and they wouldn’t give me any specific details ...? Our noa1 is March 20 2017.

On 9/12/2018 at 11:40 AM, Y3+E said:

I tried to use the "outside normal processing time" service, however, after I filled up everything, the page saying my case still in normal processing time so cant use this service. sigh!!! there is a member who transferred to NSC on the same day as mine had been approval.

Edited by KMENDLESS

Hello all, I've been reading this forum to get encouragement and now it's my time to offer some back!

I sent my application to California and was received on March 16th 17 ', and did not hear anything until April 5th 18' when my case was moved to Nebraska. I did not apply for N400, but did get that 18 month extension letter like everyone else.

I got my approval letter on August 27th and had my card in my hands on September 4th. My case is ending in 475. None of the USCIS websites or the phone app sent any updates until today, saying that USPS delivered my card 2 weeks ago...

It is a great relief to finally be done, and for the first few days it was more like a huge sigh, but now I am finally celebrating! I wish everyone gets what they should during this great time of testing.   

Keep it up all!

2 hours ago, Lina P. said:

Hello all, I've been reading this forum to get encouragement and now it's my time to offer some back!

I sent my application to California and was received on March 16th 17 ', and did not hear anything until April 5th 18' when my case was moved to Nebraska. I did not apply for N400, but did get that 18 month extension letter like everyone else.

I got my approval letter on August 27th and had my card in my hands on September 4th. My case is ending in 475. None of the USCIS websites or the phone app sent any updates until today, saying that USPS delivered my card 2 weeks ago...

It is a great relief to finally be done, and for the first few days it was more like a huge sigh, but now I am finally celebrating! I wish everyone gets what they should during this great time of testing.   

Keep it up all!

Congrats 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.