MilicaMisic

Documents for i130 form

8 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Can you tell me which documents I need to send with i130 form? I am permanent residence and I am applying for my spouse. 

Should we sent birth certificates?

We would be grateful for the answer.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

You’ll get a more complete answer, as I can’t write more details at the moment.  For any documents you send make sure it’s only the photocopy.  Never send original documents.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Pretty sure the form or the instructions for the form will tell you what documents you need. send copies, not originals. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Birth certificates aren’t required for i130 for a spouse. Like others have said, read the instructions. You also need to submit i130A. Marriage certificate and other evidences of relationship are required.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Yes, thank you guys, 

One more question, 

Should my wife send me two passport photos even though she is not in the USA?

And can she all copies of documents send me scanned?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

@MilicaMisic hi, here's my cover letter template which contains the list of items inside for the I130. Hope it helps. Also, to answer your questions:

Since she is not in USA, you do not need to provide photos of her, only yourself with your Alien number on the back. "You must submit two identical color passport-style photographs of yourself and your spouse (if he or she is in the United States) taken within 30 days of filing this petition."

Yes she can scan all the necessary documents to you. Only copies should be sent unless originals are requested.

USCIS 
ATTN: I-130
PO Box 21700
Phoenix, AZ 85036 (THIS MAY NOT BE THE ADDRESS YOU NEED SO DOUBLE CHECK THIS) 

Subject: I-130 Petition for my spouse (SPOUSE FULL NAME)

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, PETITIONER'S NAME, a legal permanent resident of the United States, would like to file a petition I-130 for my spouse, SPOUSE FULL NAME

Please find enclosed the required and supporting documents, presented in the following order:

1. Completed and signed form G-1145
  2. Money order for I-130 filing fee ($535)
  3. Completed and signed form I-130 and photograph (petitioner)
  4. Completed and signed form I-130A and photograph (beneficiary)
  5. Copy of petitioner’s green card/form I-551(front and back)
  6. Certified copy of our marriage certificate
  7. Copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate and affidavit (Beneficiary’s last name was changed shortly after birth due to her father not being present at time of birth)
  8. Copy of beneficiary’s passport (first four pages)
  9. Proof of bona fide relationship:
    1. Evidence A– Co-mingling of Financial Resources (Joint bank account statement)
    2. Evidence B – Family Photos
    3. Evidence C – Chat conversations between petitioner and beneficiary
    4. Evidence D – Third party affidavit of personal knowledge

If you have any questions or concerns on the above matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address or number below.

Thank you so much for your prompt attention to our petition.

Respectfully,

NAME
NUMBER
EMAIL

Timeline
6 hours ago, Bfree3 said:

@MilicaMisic hi, here's my cover letter template which contains the list of items inside for the I130. Hope it helps. Also, to answer your questions:

Since she is not in USA, you do not need to provide photos of her, only yourself with your Alien number on the back. "You must submit two identical color passport-style photographs of yourself and your spouse (if he or she is in the United States) taken within 30 days of filing this petition."

Yes she can scan all the necessary documents to you. Only copies should be sent unless originals are requested.

USCIS 
ATTN: I-130
PO Box 21700
Phoenix, AZ 85036 (THIS MAY NOT BE THE ADDRESS YOU NEED SO DOUBLE CHECK THIS) 

Subject: I-130 Petition for my spouse (SPOUSE FULL NAME)

Dear Sir/Madam:

I, PETITIONER'S NAME, a legal permanent resident of the United States, would like to file a petition I-130 for my spouse, SPOUSE FULL NAME

Please find enclosed the required and supporting documents, presented in the following order:

1. Completed and signed form G-1145
  2. Money order for I-130 filing fee ($535)
  3. Completed and signed form I-130 and photograph (petitioner)
  4. Completed and signed form I-130A and photograph (beneficiary)
  5. Copy of petitioner’s green card/form I-551(front and back)
  6. Certified copy of our marriage certificate
  7. Copy of beneficiary’s birth certificate and affidavit (Beneficiary’s last name was changed shortly after birth due to her father not being present at time of birth)
  8. Copy of beneficiary’s passport (first four pages)
  9. Proof of bona fide relationship:
    1. Evidence A– Co-mingling of Financial Resources (Joint bank account statement)
    2. Evidence B – Family Photos
    3. Evidence C – Chat conversations between petitioner and beneficiary
    4. Evidence D – Third party affidavit of personal knowledge

If you have any questions or concerns on the above matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at the address or number below.

Thank you so much for your prompt attention to our petition.

Respectfully,

NAME
NUMBER
EMAIL

Thank you so much, this information is very helpful for us.

Can you tell me also should we send copy of beneficiarys birth certificate and copy of beneficiarys passport, because the instructions do not mention a birth certificate for spouse?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

@MilicaMisic I sent my birth certificate along with an affidavit because my last name was different at birth and was changed shortly after. I didn’t want a request for evidence because of that fact. there’s no harm in sending a copy of the birth certificate honestly, if you want to send a copy,send one. 

Edited by Bfree3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.