2,056 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Muhammad&Mansory said:

Hello every one, 

I just came across a lawyer who informed me that he is filing lawsuit against the waiver system thing. Has anyone heard of this lawyer?: 
https://curtismorrisonlaw.com/travel-ban-litigation 

I talked to him and he said he can file a sue for a group of people to reduce the cost?! 

anyone is interested in looking into the matter? he told me that he already has two clients interested in joining the sue. 

Any thoughts? 

So is this another lawsuit that he's filing? I see the link talks about the one currently in the system Can you share details about this new lawsuit?

5 hours ago, Muhammad&Mansory said:

Hello every one, 

I just came across a lawyer who informed me that he is filing lawsuit against the waiver system thing. Has anyone heard of this lawyer?: 
https://curtismorrisonlaw.com/travel-ban-litigation 

I talked to him and he said he can file a sue for a group of people to reduce the cost?! 

anyone is interested in looking into the matter? he told me that he already has two clients interested in joining the sue. 

Any thoughts? 

I contacted the same lawyer and he claimed that the judge rule in favor of those families and the embassy in Djibouti requested their passports to print visas. 

Actually he requested 5000$ to include me in the next lawsuit but I am afraid that it may not help. Soo confused 

Also he sent me an email from the US embassy in Djibouti as evidence that the embassy has requested the passports for those Yemeni families, But I noticed something strange!! 

In the email the embassy stated that the applicant refused under INA 221g!!! 

But actually the applicant from travel ban country are refused under 212f, what you think

IMG-20190627-WA0006.jpg

Timeline
16 hours ago, Mar87 said:

I contacted the same lawyer and he claimed that the judge rule in favor of those families and the embassy in Djibouti requested their passports to print visas. 

Actually he requested 5000$ to include me in the next lawsuit but I am afraid that it may not help. Soo confused 

Also he sent me an email from the US embassy in Djibouti as evidence that the embassy has requested the passports for those Yemeni families, But I noticed something strange!! 

In the email the embassy stated that the applicant refused under INA 221g!!! 

But actually the applicant from travel ban country are refused under 212f, what you think

IMG-20190627-WA0006.jpg

Interesting. I think the lawyer means well but that 221g refusal is interesting. I wonder if it was different some how. The case he's doing is MOSLEH V. POMPEO and last we heard June 19th the ball was in the DOS's court. Maybe it's real. 

He told me the suit is for iranians but maybe he's doing one for all nationalities?

41 minutes ago, ClareZV said:

Interesting. I think the lawyer means well but that 221g refusal is interesting. I wonder if it was different some how. The case he's doing is MOSLEH V. POMPEO and last we heard June 19th the ball was in the DOS's court. Maybe it's real. 

He told me the suit is for iranians but maybe he's doing one for all nationalities?

I contacted the same lawyer, and he told me the exact same, i spent 6 months after my interview so i will wait a couple of months and then i eill file a writ of mandamus, the lawyer seems a nice guy but still i need to do more research about him and wait a little more  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
Just now, A&M24 said:

I contacted the same lawyer, and he told me the exact same, i spent 6 months after my interview so i will wait a couple of months and then i eill file a writ of mandamus, the lawyer seems a nice guy but still i need to do more research about him and wait a little more  

At some point he seemed too good to be true as a lawyer! I am doing more research now since our interview was more than a year ago and I need to file WOM soon :( 

Hello everyone so I’m from the banned country “Yemen” but my interview was k1 visa in dijbouti, the council told me everything looks good and that I have to go through ap (I’m guessing it’s because of the ds5355 which I have submitted in the interview) . When I told him do I need a waiver he said k1 visa is not under the ban ( which felt relived) but now since my visa is supposingly not banned ! how long to get done with the frustrating ap process and get my visa 🤦🏻‍♀️ Anyone knows similar stories ? Or even for those who got waived how long did they have to stay in ap !

1 hour ago, Aria123 said:

Hello everyone so I’m from the banned country “Yemen” but my interview was k1 visa in dijbouti, the council told me everything looks good and that I have to go through ap (I’m guessing it’s because of the ds5355 which I have submitted in the interview) . When I told him do I need a waiver he said k1 visa is not under the ban ( which felt relived) but now since my visa is supposingly not banned ! how long to get done with the frustrating ap process and get my visa 🤦🏻‍♀️ Anyone knows similar stories ? Or even for those who got waived how long did they have to stay in ap !

Same here I have relatives from yemen who are in Djibouti with the same issue. Father applying for his daughter and husbands applying for their wives. In the process of getting a waiver says in AP just praying it goes by quickly 

27 minutes ago, Queen1990 said:

Same here I have relatives from yemen who are in Djibouti with the same issue. Father applying for his daughter and husbands applying for their wives. In the process of getting a waiver says in AP just praying it goes by quickly 

27 minutes ago, Queen1990 said:

I really hope it does :( 

how long has it been for them since the interview? And the council gave them the waiver right 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
On 6/28/2019 at 8:20 AM, Muhammad&Mansory said:

At some point he seemed too good to be true as a lawyer! I am doing more research now since our interview was more than a year ago and I need to file WOM soon :( 

According to what the judge wrote, the State Department has to prove that this AP delay is "reasonable" before July 3rd... wow.

https://www.leagle.com/decision/infdco20190620875

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

4 hours ago, NJ515 said:

According to what the judge wrote, the State Department has to prove that this AP delay is "reasonable" before July 3rd... wow.

https://www.leagle.com/decision/infdco20190620875

The sad truth is the actual work required to do the security review is less than 2 weeks. We have seen this dozens of times where they complete the checks in response to a court orders in WOM cases. What this tells us is that they are putting children spouses and families through so much agony just becuase they dont want to hire enough resources to handle the backlog they themselves created. The moral bankruptcy of this department stuns me.

11 hours ago, salhasl said:

Hello Guys 

My wife and I Just talk to the Lawyer  Curtis Morrison, he said the judge will make a decision next week about his Case which is MOSLEH v. POMPEO , so if he win this case i will hire him, he needs 7 cases in order to reduce the fees to 5K for the writ of mandamus, what Do you think and anyone interested to join? let me know please 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, A&M24 said:

Hello Guys 

My wife and I Just talk to the Lawyer  Curtis Morrison, he said the judge will make a decision next week about his Case which is MOSLEH v. POMPEO , so if he win this case i will hire him, he needs 7 cases in order to reduce the fees to 5K for the writ of mandamus, what Do you think and anyone interested to join? let me know please 

How much of a reduction in cost? Also, can we wait to see what the judge will decide?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline
15 hours ago, salhasl said:

The sad truth is the actual work required to do the security review is less than 2 weeks. We have seen this dozens of times where they complete the checks in response to a court orders in WOM cases. What this tells us is that they are putting children spouses and families through so much agony just becuase they dont want to hire enough resources to handle the backlog they themselves created. The moral bankruptcy of this department stuns me.

@salhasl, do you think this judge could order some type of relief that applies to everyone? Or just this group of Yemenis?  

NOA1: 26 July 2017

NOA2: 2 February 2018

NVC Received: 13 February 2018

NVC Case # Assigned: 22 February 2018

NVC Left: 27 February 2018

Consulate Received: 1 March 2018

Packet 3 Received: 10 March 2018

Packet 3 Sent: 8 October 2018 (we delayed intentionally)

Interview: 31 October 2018

Currently in AP!!! :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.