Rob Phillips

IR1 Montreal Consulate Wait Time for Interview

46 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All,

My son and I have been approved by the NVC for our IR1 Visa’s since the middle of June 2018. Now we are awaiting our interview date at the Montreal Consulate.

Anyone know how long it currently takes to receive an interview date in Montreal, Canada?

Thank you in advance for your knowledge and insight :)

Edited by Rob Phillips

Timeline
18 hours ago, Rob Phillips said:

Salut à tous,

Mon fils et moi avons été approuvés par la CNV pour notre visa IR1 depuis la mi-juin 2018. Nous attendons maintenant la date de notre entrevue au consulat de Montréal.

Quelqu'un sait combien de temps il faut pour recevoir une date d'entrevue à Montréal, au Canada?

Merci d'avance pour vos connaissances et votre perspicacité :)

Montreal Embassy

CC 30 may 2018

Interview date received 6 july

Interview date 6 August : approved 😉

Timeline

Hi Mouna24,

That is great! You got approved at you interview today. I don’t know why things are taking so long for my son and I ?

According to your timeline we should’ve received our interview letter by now. Did you request an expedited interview?

Thank you for your response and I wish you all the best in your future in the USA :)

Timeline
On 8/6/2018 at 12:00 AM, Rob Phillips said:

Hi All,

My son and I have been approved by the NVC for our IR1 Visa’s since the middle of June 2018. Now we are awaiting our interview date at the Montreal Consulate.

Anyone know how long it currently takes to receive an interview date in Montreal, Canada?

Thank you in advance for your knowledge and insight :)

We were documentary qualified June 28, and are waiting as well.  Our friends had their interview July 16.  It took them 3 weeks from being doc qualified to get their interview date.  I think things are really backed up :( I called today and was on hold for 1 hour and 20 minutes just to hear that there is nothing they can tell me.  We will be notified once a date becomes available. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jamieincanada said:

We were documentary qualified June 28, and are waiting as well.  Our friends had their interview July 16.  It took them 3 weeks from being doc qualified to get their interview date.  I think things are really backed up :( I called today and was on hold for 1 hour and 20 minutes just to hear that there is nothing they can tell me.  We will be notified once a date becomes available. 

Hi Jamieincanada,

Thank you for the response :)

It Appears we are in the same boat, hopefully soon!!! 

I will update date if I hear anything and please do the same :) 

Timeline
On 8/7/2018 at 2:16 PM, Jamieincanada said:

We were qualified June 29th and still waiting too -- Please let us know when you get news!!!

Timeline
Le 06/08/2018 à 22h35, Rob Phillips a déclaré:

Salut Mouna24,

C'est super! Vous avez été autorisé lors de votre entretien aujourd'hui. Je ne sais pas pourquoi les choses à faire pour mon fils et moi?

Selon votre calendrier, nous avons reçu notre lettre d'interview maintenant. Avez-vous demandé une entrevue accélérée?

Merci pour votre réponse et vous souhaitez tout savoir sur votre avenir aux Etats-Unis :)

I don't ask an interview expedite

Timeline
On 8/7/2018 at 1:16 PM, Jamieincanada said:

Same with me... I became documetary qualified on June 28 and still no news on the interview!  According to the timelines I should have heard something by now...

gets a little hard on the patience

Timeline
9 minutes ago, B and S said:

Same with me... I became documetary qualified on June 28 and still no news on the interview!  According to the timelines I should have heard something by now...

gets a little hard on the patience

Hi B and S,

I completely understand and empathize with your situation, especially at these final stages. After conducting some research it was noted that many of the staff at the Montreal US Consulate go on holidays this time of year, which creates a backlog. For how long I do not know. 

Timeline

Hi Everyone, 

I just received my email with my husband's interview date! Wahoo! September 11 in Montreal.  Just so you have a reference, we were documentary qualified on June 28th.  But the good news is that they are definitely scheduling appointments!  We waited 6 weeks, 6 loooooooong weeks.  I hope you are all having the same luck

Cheers, 

Jamie

Timeline
4 hours ago, Jamieincanada said:

wahoo! we got ours today too! 

That is such great news for you all, what an exciting day! My son and I received our interview date today as well! September 10th, case completed on June 26th. Such a great day for all of us! :) :)

Edited by Rob Phillips

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.