2,136 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Recieved card today! Good luck and speedy approval to everyone else still waiting!!!

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago IL

Date Filed : 2016-05-11

NOA Date : 2016-05-19

Bio: 2016-06-20

Service request for EAD: 2016-07-28 ( day 76)

EAD APPROVED: 2016-08-01.

EAD recieved: 2016-08-06.

GC Approved : 2016-09-26.

7 minutes ago, JasonandJeizel said:

Received my 10 yrs green card today😊 from CSC. Soo happy😁

How many months wait in total? Congratulations 🎉🎉

Daca Journey 2013

*Daca&Ead Approval- 9/17/2013

*Ead card in hand-9/20/2013 

Daca/Ead Renewal Journey 2015

*Daca sent 5/7/2015

*NOA email/letter/text message- 5/14/2015

*Biometrics appointment- 6/12/2015

*Daca renewal approval notice- 7/22/2015

*Daca Renewal approval letter received- 7/31/2015

*Ead renewal card in hand - 8/14/2015?

Aos Journey 2016

* Married- 03/25/2016

* Aos package mailed- 5/26/2016?

* Package Delivered- 6/14/2016?

* Text message received with case #/ check cashed - 6/20/2016

* Aos notice of action letter received- 6/24/2016

*Biometrics appointment- 7/13/2016

*Case ready to be scheduled for an interview- 8/1/2016

*Ead/Ap approval notice Date-8/29/2016

*Ead/Ap combo card in hand- 09/3/2016

* Aos Interview - 4/12/2017 

* Aos Approved on the spot

* 2 year Green card in Hand 4/17/2017

Roc 2019

Roc Package Mailed  - 01/15/2019

Case received -  01/22/2019

Biometrics - 03/01/2019

case approved  10 year GC - 01/07/2020

card mailed - 01/08/2020

Online filling N400 Naturalization (NJ filer)

N400 submitted - 08/27/2020

NOA - 08/28/2020

Biometrics Reuse- 2/12/2021🤗

Interview Notice : 06/15/2021🤗🤗

Interview DATE : 07/21/2021 @ 2:30PM

Citizenship and Oat ceremony approved 07/21/2021

Passport Application Appoitment usps -07/28/2021

Check cashed - 08/2/2021

Passport received : 08/11/2021 * contacted My congresswoman 

1 hour ago, Krusty Immigrant said:

Congrats!! 

Mine was sent to the lawyer's office!! So it's 10 years from now or ten years from the beginning of your permanent residence? 

Thank you , 10 yrs from now. 

1 hour ago, price411 said:

How many months wait in total? Congratulations 🎉🎉

Thank you😊

14 months total.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to know that although I wasn't willing to share my details or journey on here, I watched everyone post here for the last three years or so. Thank you for doing so because it helped alleviate any concerns or anxiety about hiccups or delays and I'm sure it 's helped hundreds of others even if they didn't say or post anything.  Today my status updated to my green card is in the mail. I applied back towards end of August 2018 but I was one of the "lucky" ones where initially it was sent to California, got lost in limbo, transferred to Chicago, cheque cashed, and then ended up in Texas of all places and listed it was filed a month later after I had submitted it(SRC file number). I had the fingerprint review as waived since April 2019 but then I was asked to come in Oct. 31 to do it. I wasn't called into an interview for the adjustment of status portion but I was missing a copy of the green card in the initial package. I waited until taxes were done this year so I could send proper tax transcripts for this year along with the last two years since I only sent them a summarized tax return which isn't a transcript along with the missing green card copy. Since they initially accepted the package even with the green card missing, I was proactive about sending all of the info afterwards in the spring which potentially saved me from an RFE

I hope me sharing these few details, it'll assist others that are still waiting for their cards. I'm a Canadian who applied back in 2016 for a temp 2 year card and then had to get it adjusted. I didn't do the whole fiancee thing or whatnot since Canadians don't come to US through a visa waiver and have a unique relationship versus any other country. It did ask for some 95 voucher when I first applied for a employment/travel combo but I just put NA - Canadian and that seemed to do the trick. I was hiding out in the US during winter after I finished my last work contract to spend time with the hubby and come spring my contract fell through back up north so I figured whatever, I have a few months left  before I had to go back up north (Canadians can stay up to six months at a time) so I went ahead and filed the paperwork for a green card since we had married in fall of 2015 and I already had gone back home a couple times since then. 

Good luck to everyone on here. Each of you took the due diligence to go through the proper channels of immigration and it's definitely time consuming and at times costly, but hopefully the reasons you had for doing it was worth it. In my case, everyone told me I was crazy to go down to the US versus just bringing him back up to Canada but at the time this was the easier and quicker option. I'll be starting the next step which is to make my husband a Canadian resident but pretty sure that's going to be another three years or so before it gets approved. 

PS: I did do ALL the paperwork by myself from start to finish. No lawyers (didn't want to spend thousands of dollars I knew I could handle myself) Yes there were a couple of minor errors but by repeatedly checking it, I was able to find and correct them. If you're not savvy about paperwork and legal terms, I suggest you hire a lawyer, but it's totally possible to do it on your own! Use resources and research what you don't understand. Yes I did have to do an interview to get my two year card. I got a bit nervous when they split us up half way though the interview because my stubborn ### of a husband decided to file as single prior to me receiving a SSN when I told him he couldn't do that. Luckily when they got really personal with the questions, it took only one answer for it to finalize the interview because no way anyone putting on an act would have been able to answer it. Pretty sure my husband turned red a bit when they asked him to answer though, LOL

Edited by renegarderose
add more info

1 hour ago, Linna&NZ said:

My case has been updated, I am little bit confused?! Did anyone ever had this happen before? 

Screenshot_20191214-213946_Chrome.jpg

Bunch of people from different offices, LIN, Vermont ,SRC received this yesterday , people that has been waiting for a year already and people that filled this year also... so yes, it is cofusing...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline
10 hours ago, silv3r said:

Bunch of people from different offices, LIN, Vermont ,SRC received this yesterday , people that has been waiting for a year already and people that filled this year also... so yes, it is cofusing...

Thank you

Hello all! Thank you everyone for sharing your personal journey with receiving green card. I was an mid August 2018 filer and the case was in California + fingerprints was waived. But since then, I have not received any case status online updates since this July (w/ the standard... your case has been transferred). I was wondering if its possible that the receipt number gets changed when a case is transferred to another office ? (My original receipt number is WAC). 

1 hour ago, LucianaH said:

Hello all! Thank you everyone for sharing your personal journey with receiving green card. I was an mid August 2018 filer and the case was in California + fingerprints was waived. But since then, I have not received any case status online updates since this July (w/ the standard... your case has been transferred). I was wondering if its possible that the receipt number gets changed when a case is transferred to another office ? (My original receipt number is WAC). 

they would not change the  receipt number, several people has called USCIS to ask about and that was always their answer.

19 minutes ago, silv3r said:

they would not change the  receipt number, several people has called USCIS to ask about and that was always their answer.

Yes that’s true. They do not change the receipt number. I went in for an infopass appointment in October for I-751 stamp and the case number stays the same. 
I thought I would have heard from USCIS by Christmas and I can’t believe I’m still waiting. No updates since June 11th that my CSC case got transferred to Potomac. 
Still hoping for a Christmas miracle 🤞🏻 

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys.

August 2018 filer. case was transferred to Potomac on june 2019 and had heard nothing after fingerprint was taken on july 2019. on dec 30th, finally I gave up and decided to apply for N400 since I was thinking I already wasted 5-6 months. I got the receipt number same day. and today! my I751 was updated to "new card is being produced". what a big relief! I have a feeling it has something to do with applying for N400. not sure though. wish you the best guys.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Good morning,

I got an update this morning that New card is being produced.

OMG, I'm so happy. 

We applied august 2018,  and got an RFE month and a half ago. Submitted all the docs, and it took exactly one month after submitting all the docs for them to give us me a card.

18 month, 18 long month. 

Thank you for the support and hope everybody will get their cards soon.

cupidsendlove.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.