dwheels76

NVC Filers - August 2018

2,142 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, happilyvisa said:

congrats how long ago were you submitted required documents?

submitted by mail to nvc on 14th received by NVC on 17th, case complete today 27th .so 11 days waiting

1 hour ago, Diva00 said:

Congrats 

can u pls tell what are the documents I will need so I can start prepare them as am waiting for my case number? Am pivot and nvc received my case August 9 I hope to hear good news soon

thnx in advance for your answer 

We have same received date. Hope we get our case number soon. 

Documents that I have scanned ( I am petitioner):

PC of my spouse Birth Certificate

PC of my spouse Police Certificate

PC of my spouse Passport

PC of my our marriage certificate

PC of my our relationship certificate (Optional)

My Tax Transcript Original copies for last three year (Only last year is mandatory)

MY W2 copies for last 3 year (These are optional)

I-864 EZ (AOS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
18 minutes ago, boro said:

We have same received date. Hope we get our case number soon. 

Documents that I have scanned ( I am petitioner):

PC of my spouse Birth Certificate

PC of my spouse Police Certificate

PC of my spouse Passport

PC of my our marriage certificate

PC of my our relationship certificate (Optional)

My Tax Transcript Original copies for last three year (Only last year is mandatory)

MY W2 copies for last 3 year (These are optional)

I-864 EZ (AOS

Thank u so much 

i need to send those documents to my husband he is the petitioner and I will take the originals with translation to the interview right??

2 hours ago, Kat & Jim said:

Hello everyone 🙂

Just received my Canadian Police Certificate today from the RCMP and wanted to ask a quick question to anyone that can answer please. The officer asked me what type of Police Certificate did I need, either a search based on the name and date of birth or fingerprints. I just got the search based on my name and date of birth, it this correct? On the Police Certificate it has the comments, "This certifies that a search, based on the above name and date of birth, failed to disclose any such person with a record of a criminal convictions in the national repository for criminal records in Canada".  " SEARCH NOT CONFIRMED BY FINGERPRINTS". The officer was kind of annoyed that I hesitated with my answer and told me that I should know this before coming in to request the certificate, so I just gave the answer that I thought was best from information that I have read in the "NVC for Montreal Beneficiaries – Electronic Processing and New Online Forms Guide".

Also I just called the NVC and my case was just received today, Aug 27th.  

Hope next steps moves more quickly now at the NVC. Agent gave standard 6 weeks to process and add to database. Good luck to everyone with CC and getting interviews scheduled. @Abies You were EXACTLY right, our case was sent to the NVC Aug 20th and today Aug 27th was received. (7 days) What will we do without you !! You are so much help. Good luck @Abies on your interview Sept 4th ! (even though you do not need any luck you will be fine)   

Hey! I got the name search from the RCMP here and it was accepted, so you'll be fine with that as long as you have no criminal record. As far as I know, the only time the fingerprint search is required is when you actually have a record. :)

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 hours ago, beachboy95 said:

Im a US citizen and FT lauderdale immigration has by far the longest lines if you arrive at the wrong time. I waited for almost 3 hours one time. Miami is a long wait as well sometimes. There is a high volume of people who fly in. I can't speak to what the process is like in Ft. Lauderdale for non-citizens or prospective residents. I don't think they are rude, I just think they are understaffed and have a huge workload. Try flying in during off hours. Most of the Europe flights pour out from 3:00-6:00 so those hours are worst. Mornings usually aren't to bad. Hope this helps. 

Yes, God is good! We are praying and trusting that he brings us through this long process and that we finish SOON! So close and yet still waiting. Hoping for CC this week :) Best of luck and prayers to you!

Thanks so much for the info! We will just have to make sure to allow plenty of time in Fort Lauderdale. I appreciate your advice 😊

4 hours ago, Diva00 said:

Thank u so much 

i need to send those documents to my husband he is the petitioner and I will take the originals with translation to the interview right??

Yes you can send pdf (because urs is pivot) of your document to your husband . Make sure each pdf file is < 2 mb. For your part you take original plus a copy of each . 

4 hours ago, arellah said:

Hey! I got the name search from the RCMP here and it was accepted, so you'll be fine with that as long as you have no criminal record. As far as I know, the only time the fingerprint search is required is when you actually have a record. :)

Is AOS submitted all in one document or is i-864 submitted separately and financial documents separately?

Also, is there an option to upload "additional documents" under AOS?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
39 minutes ago, boro said:

Yes you can send pdf (because urs is pivot) of your document to your husband . Make sure each pdf file is < 2 mb. For your part you take original plus a copy of each . 

Ok thank you 😊 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, darth vader said:

Is AOS submitted all in one document or is i-864 submitted separately and financial documents separately?

Also, is there an option to upload "additional documents" under AOS?

here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center/ceac-electronic-processing.html at the end of the page you can find instruction in PDF, download it if you prefer. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, arellah said:

Thank you! that’s what I needed to know. 😊  I’d hate to assume that it’s OK and find out it’s not and I could have done something when I had the time to do so. Hope you get your interview soon and Montreal catches & speeds up on scheduling interviews. 

Service Center: Nebraska 

Consulate: Montreal, Canada 

Marriage: 1994-07-02

I-130 Sent: 2017-11-13

I-130 NOA1: 2017-11-17

I-130 RFE: 2018-06-01 (Requested Large Marriage Certificate-Applied to Government for Certificate)

I-130 RFE Sent: 2018-06-29

USCIS Email Received acknowledging receipt of RFE: 2018-07-10-same date shows received on USCIS website.

I-130 Approval NOA2 Letter received with Notice date of: 2018-08-10

I-130 Approved-NOA2 USCIS Website: 2018-08-13 

USCIS Email received stating we sent your case to NVC on: 2018-08-20 (Email received: 2018-09-13)

NVC Received Case: 2018-08-27-Date received by phone call to NVC-advice given to call NVC 7 days after case sent to NVC

Called and also emailed NVC to ask question about New Requirement for Police Certificate Effective Sept 10th: 2018-09-07, was advised would take 8 weeks for case number from date received at NVC. (Only took 3 weeks)

Received Case number: 2018-09-18-Email Received 

Received AOS & IV Bill: 2018-09-18-Email Received

Paid AOS & IV Bills: 2018-10-09

CEAC website shows AOS & IV as "Paid":  2018-10-11 (2 business days) 

IV Application (DS260) completed: 2018-11-01

Submitted AOS & IV Documents: 2018-11-04

Case Complete: 2018-11-09 

Interview date received by phone call and email: 2018-12-17

Interview Date: Jan 25, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. 

Interview Complete: APPROVED ! 🙂🙂

Passport/Visa received at home address in BC: 2019-02-01

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.