2,949 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

I can't believe my eyes - uscis updated processing time. For i-485 it was increased from 23 months to 29 months in Miami. My Vawa was approved in July 2018. That means I have to wait for 3 years more for an interview 😞

Not sure where you’re reading this but current I-485 processing times for Miami are 11.5 months. 

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

5 minutes ago, Tony1912 said:

I can't believe my eyes - uscis updated processing time. For i-485 it was increased from 23 months to 29 months in Miami. My Vawa was approved in July 2018. That means I have to wait for 3 years more for an interview 😞

Donot worry about this timeline. I learn almost I-485 processing time is about 6 months after Vawa approval. My attoney also said that to me.

I am waiting for interview now.

Be patient but not so long like that.

Edited by Hanna Bui

2 minutes ago, Hanna Bui said:

Donot worry about this timeline. I learn almost I-485 processing time is about 6 months after Vawa approval. My attoney also said that to me.

I am waiting for interview now.

Be patient but not so long like that.

Isn't it the regular processing time for family-based i-485 that applies for interviews for vawa petitioners?

On 11/6/2018 at 7:07 AM, sandranj said:

It’s a problem of course, explain this to Uscis and submit affidavits from friends and family confirming that you lived with your spouse.

Affidavits from friends and family explaining this would be enough? also, how can be proved that the abuse happened WHILE living together? I don't have police reports with dates, so how can be proved that it happen during that specific time frame?

On 11/6/2018 at 5:11 AM, Ilo said:

Are both of your names included on those documents you mentioned? Were they addressed to both of you?

Yes both names included on those documents and addressed to both,  joint bank account, joint tax return, cars titles under both names, car insurance. but they have a different address than the rental lease.

43 minutes ago, petros10 said:

Affidavits from friends and family explaining this would be enough? also, how can be proved that the abuse happened WHILE living together? I don't have police reports with dates, so how can be proved that it happen during that specific time frame?

Yes both names included on those documents and addressed to both,  joint bank account, joint tax return, cars titles under both names, car insurance. but they have a different address than the rental lease.

You don't necessarily need to have a police report to prove abuse, like @sandrastated, get family and friends to write affidavit about your relationship and abuse. Your personal affidavit is one of the most important documents uscis will rely on for the abuse, it should contain very detailed and specific type of abuse, date or time frame the abuse happened, your feelings at that time and how it has changed your life,you should also explain why your lease address is different from other document. 

Edited by Ilo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/5/2018 at 9:30 PM, FridayGirl@69 said:

Thank You so much!!! Keep you posted.😍

Do you know how long after I got Work Permit (10/29/2018) to get the Approval Notification Letter in the mail?

and how long until I get my I-485 interview? I never received Prima Face or any kind of document stating it...

I am processing my I-131 Travel Document, no idea how long does it take and if I can really use it if I don't have the I-485 yet neither the approval letter for I-360

my lawyer made me feel confuse about it...Am I really approved?...Confuse.

My Timeline

May 25 2017 All Applications in I-360, I-485 and I-765

Sept 7 2018 RFE for I-360

Sept 27 RFE Received

Oct 29 2018 Card In Production

Oct 31 2018 Card Mailed to Me

Nov 5 2018 Card Delivered (in my hands)

7 minutes ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Do you know how long after I got Work Permit (10/29/2018) to get the Approval Notification Letter in the mail?

and how long until I get my I-485 interview? I never received Prima Face or any kind of document stating it...

I am processing my I-131 Travel Document, no idea how long does it take and if I can really use it if I don't have the I-485 yet neither the approval letter for I-360

my lawyer made me feel confuse about it...Am I really approved?...Confuse.

My Timeline

May 25 2017 All Applications in I-360, I-485 and I-765

Sept 7 2018 RFE for I-360

Sept 27 RFE Received

Oct 29 2018 Card In Production

Oct 31 2018 Card Mailed to Me

Nov 5 2018 Card Delivered (in my hands)

1. Your I-360 is approved. There is no set timeline how long it takes to receive the approval notice. I would inquire if you haven’t gotten it 4 weeks after receiving the card. 

2. I-131 processing times can be found here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ You can use I-131 until you receive your Green Card but always know that it is up to the immigration officer at the border if he lets you in. 

3. When you get your I-485 interview depends on the processing times of your local office. Every local office has different processing times. You can check I-485 and select your local office at the link I posted above to get processing times. It will say something like 9-16 months, use the first number in the time range (9 in my example here). Count from your I-360 approval date (which is likely November 2018).

Timeline
9 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

1. Your I-360 is approved. There is no set timeline how long it takes to receive the approval notice. I would inquire if you haven’t gotten it 4 weeks after receiving the card. 

I will do so, my lawyer said my case is confusing because I never got Prima Face or Approval Notice for I-360/VAWA. Thanks!

2. I-131 processing times can be found here: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ You can use I-131 until you receive your Green Card but always know that it is up to the immigration officer at the border if he lets you in. 

Good to know! I won't take the risk. Thanks!

3. When you get your I-485 interview depends on the processing times of your local office. Every local office has different processing times. You can check I-485 and select your local office at the link I posted above to get processing times. It will say something like 9-16 months, use the first number in the time range (9 in my example here). Count from your I-360 approval date (which is likely November 2018).

It is Saint Albans in Vermont Center Service

Thank you again!

Edited by FridayGirl@69

11 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

Thank you again!

Ihave aquestion ladies,, irecieved email from uscis that. Postoffice has returned my notice for 360 from uscis .. What could be mail ,, how do ifollow about the returning mail.please help me,,

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naperi said:

Ihave aquestion ladies,, irecieved email from uscis that. Postoffice has returned my notice for 360 from uscis .. What could be mail ,, how do ifollow about the returning mail.please help me,,

Your lawyer needs to reply back to USCIS to get the notice mail back again, mine got returned once too, USPS’s bad service because according to them they couldn’t find my address... nothing to worry just tell your lawyer.

20 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you received an RFE just for bonafide marriage and good moral character then you satisfied the Service regarding abuse and they wil not issue another RFE for abuse. If you want to submit then submit now, but clearly, they considered you were abused.

Make sure you gather affidavits from your family(mother/siblings), if they don't speak English they can write in their native language and you must include complete translation ok.  

Thank you @sandranj @iwillsurvive @Ilo Yes Sandra, i have affidavits from my family.  I just thought the evaluation might be helpful too because it has a complete and very detailed report of our relationship from the beginning until the abuse. My therapist did a really good job. But if it makes more sense that we just submit what’s being asked for now, then we’ll just probably wait if/when they ask for another RFE

20 hours ago, Hanna Bui said:

I think if she received request to submit bonafide and good conduct, it is request for additional evidence, not innitial REF.

I am learning more vawa. Thks for your correction.

Hi! I think I dont understand what you’re saying. Request for evidence is short fo RFE. Im sorry please make me understand better with what you mean

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.