2,949 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, joyandfaith said:

I see that you're in Florida. Would you please let me know when you filed VAWA? 

Yes! This is my timeline..

My timeline:

May 15th 2017: I-360 Receipt Date

June 9th 2017: 1st Prima Facie

March 14th 2017: I-485 Interview This was for the case my ex husband had filed for me. I went to the interview by my self as asked the immigration officer to hold this case until VAWA approval.

December 11th 2017: 2nd Prima Facie

June 7th 2018: 3rd Prima Facie

June 1st 2018: EAD (C9) Receipt Date

I didn't have a bio-metric apportionment for this EAD because they used my old ones. 

July 19th 2018: EAD (C9) in hand

August 28th 2018: Card under production for form I-360

September 5th 2018: Card was mailed to me for form I-360

September 6th 2018: Your case was approved.

*No RFE's

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, nap_o said:

Hi guys, 

Congrats to all of you who have gotten updates/approval.

My question here is about a lawyer. I hired him to file my VAWA, so far I know he sent the I-360 form, whenever I asked him to file EAD under c9 he ignored me and I think he sent it on c31, never gave me a receipt number and said it probably got lost in the mail (I-765). I was supposed to pay him $1500 in installments for my case. I paid $500 then I decided not to continue. I asked many times to send a letter to USCIS an let them know he no longer represents my case but he won't do it, as a result all of my letters are delivered to his office in Houston where I don't have access to as I moved back to FL.  Although I sent 3 notarized letters to USCIS with change of address, and a separate one to let them know he is not my lay they still send everything to his law office and he won't send anything back to me...

Has anybody here had  similar experiences? Is he supposed to keep all of my paper work? 

My second questions is about VAWA. I reached 1 year of filing in August. I received the Prima Facie in Sept 23 2017. Will I get a new one valid for 1 year or just another automatic one valid for 2-3 months?

Thanks in advance 😊

He can’t hold the documents received from Uscis,he can have a copy and that is it.Unfortunatelly Uscis is messy and  they rarely update the address.Ask your congress person to contact Uscis regarding the address.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An unrelated query has been split from this thread and moved to the US Citizenship main forum, with the topic title "Married; Changed Name @ SSA & DMV; Must Also Change GC?  [split topic]."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 5:06 PM, iwillsurvive said:

Just take a deep breath and wait for the RFE to see what it is about. Oftentimes it is only a small thing they are requesting. No need to stress about it. 

Did you submit police clearance from all places you lived in since June 2013 (3 years prior to June 2016)? 

Thank you I dd ! Appreciate it .

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 hours ago, sandranj said:

He can’t hold the documents received from Uscis,he can have a copy and that is it.Unfortunatelly Uscis is messy and  they rarely update the address.Ask your congress person to contact Uscis regarding the address.

Thank you. I'm just scared they send an RFE and I miss the time frame to submit the right paperwork. All because he doesn't care to send my paperwork. 

Are RFEs sent until they strt working on my case or at any time? I still didn't get an RFE...

2 hours ago, nap_o said:

Thank you. I'm just scared they send an RFE and I miss the time frame to submit the right paperwork. All because he doesn't care to send my paperwork. 

Are RFEs sent until they strt working on my case or at any time? I still didn't get an RFE...

USCIS typically sends RFE’s either right after you submit your petition or when they start working on it (for VAWA that’s currently 16-21 months after you submitted the petition)

13 minutes ago, gur said:

So Do I have to leave the job which i got after 8-9 months of handwork and study if my EAD denied.

Well if your I-485 (Green Card) gets denied, you are denied to be a legal permanent resident, so you no longer have any immigration benefits and have to leave the country. 

But why do you think you will get denied? 

USCIS will issue an RFE if they need more evidence. 

42 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Well if your I-485 (Green Card) gets denied, you are denied to be a legal permanent resident, so you no longer have any immigration benefits and have to leave the country. 

But why do you think you will get denied? 

USCIS will issue an RFE if they need more evidence. 

My ineffective attorney, did not do good job, I have already replied the RFE last week, in which I have given all the evidances of abuse, including perjury (lying under oath in court) done my spouse in Family court during divorce proceeding and in assault case. However, I included  some evidence in which my spouse and her parents admitted that spousal violence happened, however in that evidance, my spouse also blaming me for her wrongdoing and I did violence as well.

I am feeling anxiety, if VAWA officer, get influenced by lies of my spouse, then my case can be denied.

I can not trust my attorney anymore, as she did not let me see final response which she sent last week, even though i requested many times.

Edited by gur

Filed: Other Timeline
12 minutes ago, gur said:

My ineffective attorney, did not do good job, I have already replied the RFE last week, in which I have given all the evidances of abuse, including perjury (lying under oath in court) done my spouse in Family court during divorce proceeding and in assault case. However, I included  some evidence in which my spouse and her parents admitted that spousal violence happened, however in that evidance, my spouse also blaming me for her wrongdoing and I did violence as well.

I am feeling anxiety, if VAWA officer, get influenced by lies of my spouse, then my case can be denied.

I can not trust my attorney anymore, as she did not let me see final response which she sent last week, even though i requested many times.

Don't worry. Everything is going to be alright. Once you have replied to your rfe in a timely manner you should be fine.

And if in case (which we don't pray for) they need more, they'll always request for additional evidence.

Just keep up with your lawyer if you can to cross-check everything before submitting it to Vermont.

After the abuse my Husband withdrew my immigration paperwork and my GC was denied and my EAD was terminated in June 2017.

I filed my VAWA in August 2017 and my attorney told me that I can not apply for EAD until VAWA gets approved so I was waiting till I found out here in this form that I can apply for EAD through i485 C9 while waiting for VAWA so I applied for I485+EAD together on May29th did biometrics and still waiting! it has been 5 months since I applied for EAD I don't know if it was taking so long because I didn't send VAWA+EAD+I485 together or if it is something else:( I hav been with no job no income no driver license all my identifications are expired for almost a year! if anyone has any suggestions for me please do let me know I appreciate all your help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.