Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 5/7/2019 at 3:25 PM, Mococatx said:

Fiancé had his interview today.  He went by himself. 

He said he saw lots of couples getting approved for their visa and lots of people there by themselves getting denied or being told they need more documents.  From the reviews I've read on the consulate in Rio, if the American goes to the interview, more time is spent talking to them than to the Brazilian applicant. He said when he arrived and said he was there for a K-1, the first thing they asked was "Where is your fiancee?"

Have to wait for him to get home and email me the request form to find out exactly what they want now.  He said it was a document that wasn't on their website and that he had never heard of.

This sucks, y'all.  More money 💸

Same thing happened to me  my fiancee was with me they ask her a lot of questions and from me too.  We just answer two question wrong and they ask me more documents and they said they need 4 years whatsApp conversation i had two years only so i submit that my case is in admin processing.  Better option is  to go alone.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

Same thing happened to me  my fiancee was with me they ask her a lot of questions and from me too.  We just answer two question wrong and they ask me more documents and they said they need 4 years whatsApp conversation i had two years only so i submit that my case is in admin processing.  Better option is  to go alone.  

What questions did you guys answer wrong?

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

05/20/18 Consulate Received

07/16/19 Consulate Interview (We could have scheduled 6/11) 

10/31/19 POE - Dallas DFW

11/19/19 Social Security Card - Applied

12/20/19 Social Security Card - Received

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/02/20 Social Security Card - Changed Name

01/11/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, i765 - FedEx - Sent

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/14/20 G1145, I485, I864, I131, I765 - Fed Ex - Delivered

01/17/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Notice Date

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

01/21/20 The 3 USCIS Text Received (7 Days Later)

01/22/20 Funds pulled from account by ACH Debit  $1225 (8 Days Later)

01/27/20 NOA1 - I485, I131, I765 - Received in the Mail

01/28/20 90 Day K1 Admittance and Driver License Expire

01/28/20 Renew DL - Use NOA1

01/15/2021  Status changed to Interview Scheduled

01/22/2021  Interview Noticed Received in the Mail

2/23/2021  Interview for the I485 and verbal Approval

2/24/2021  I485 Status changed:  New Card is being approved

2/26/2021  I485 Status changed:  Card Was Mailed To Me

Timeline

Our NVC status changed to In Transit yesterday and we were told to add this forum to be a part of this conversation.     

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

12/31/19 Marriage 

01/13/20 Texas DL - Passed Written Test and Received Driving Permit with Restrictions

01/15/20 Texas DL - Passed Driving Test and Received Temporary DL - Restrictions Removed

01/21/20 Apply for Capital One Secured Credit Card to Establish Credit File to buy Auto

Timeline
Just now, Mwkaasj said:

What questions did you guys answer wrong?

She ask me abt her favt  juice.  I said mango and my fiancee said  her favt is alot of fruit juice. And other question was she ask abt her tooth brush colour i said kind of purple and it was black.  Thats was wrong rest all we did was good.  Also she ask me additional documents i provide all. She ask for 4 years but i said i have two years she said ok provide me that so i send her that all 

1 minute ago, Mwkaasj said:

Our NVC status changed to In Transit yesterday and we were told to add this forum to be a part of this conversation.     

Yes now you need to try again and again for interview appointment and when you done. Then you should book appointment for medical asap 

Timeline

We tried to schedule last night with In Transit status but the system still gave is the...  Not Ready error.    How long did it take to he able to schedule the interview and pay fees after the status changed to In Transit?

Timeline

12/ I2/18 NOA1 - I129F

12/31/19 Marriage 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

She ask me abt her favt  juice.  I said mango and my fiancee said  her favt is alot of fruit juice. And other question was she ask abt her tooth brush colour i said kind of purple and it was black.  Thats was wrong rest all we did was good.  Also she ask me additional documents i provide all. She ask for 4 years but i said i have two years she said ok provide me that so i send her that all 

Toothbrush color? 🤦‍♀️ 

I hope it moves quickly and you get approved Faisal.  That's ridiculous. 

Just now, Mwkaasj said:

We tried to schedule last night with In Transit status but the system still gave is the...  Not Ready error.    How long did it take to he able to schedule the interview and pay fees after the status changed to In Transit?

Give it a few days until it says Ready

I-129F packet sent = 06/15/2018

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

RFE response = 01/12/2019

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

NVC received = 02/14/2019 ♥️

Embassy received = 03/07/2019

Interview = 05/07/2019  Requested more documents.  Returned beneficiary's passport to him. Submitted documents 6/3/19. Email received saying they were received.

Emailed Consulate = 08/02/2019 asking about visa. Received email stating they had never received the documents. Sent documents again. 

Phone call from consulate = 08/07/2019 saying they were approving the visa. Fiancé has to send them his passport. 

Passport returned to consulate (in person) = 

Visa received = 09/05/2019

Entry into USA = 10/24/2019

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mococatx said:

Toothbrush color? 🤦‍♀️ 

Yes it didnt stop  here  she ask me if  you two are doing sex or not and she ask me where you took her on date when she came two years ago and three years ago when and where you took her on date  n 4 years ago who text first.  😂😂😂 man i was surprised. I tho. I wish i was petitioner i would have wooop your ### thro law suit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

Yes it didnt stop  here  she ask me if  you two are doing sex or not and she ask me where you took her on date when she came two years ago and three years ago when and where you took her on date  n 4 years ago who text first.  😂😂😂 man i was surprised. I tho. I wish i was petitioner i would have wooop your ### thro law suit

I am having a hard time believing they asked those things. Having followed several K1 cases in Rio, I have noted COs there are known for being friendly and for sticking to standard questions. All of the questions you reported are offensive and nonsensical at best.

Edited by Nat&Amy

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Mococatx said:

Toothbrush color? 🤦‍♀️ 

Lucky  thing is that i have whatsapp chat from jan 2017 till now.  So i came home and start taking screenshot of everyday and send like more than 50 emails as a proof of relationship.  Even thro i submit alot with my petition. She didnt look at that 😂😂😂 i told her i have here. She said you should submit in dropbox i said you can take it now   Also my fiancee visit me three times. Every year  with evidence but still she ask me that she need more. Also 

i hope that will convince her if not then i have to printout all document proof of relationship. And lawsuit is ready for consulate   In distt court of columbia 😑

Timeline
Just now, Faisal1 said:

Lucky  thing is that i have whatsapp chat from jan 2017 till now.  So i came home and start taking screenshot of everyday and send like more than 50 emails as a proof of relationship.  Even thro i submit alot with my petition. She didnt look at that 😂😂😂 i told her i have here. She said you should submit in dropbox i said you can take it now   Also my fiancee visit me three times. Every year  with evidence but still she ask me that she need more. Also 

i hope that will convince her if not then i have to printout all document proof of relationship. And lawsuit is ready for consulate   In distt court of columbia 😑

Submit in Dropbox? I'm calling this BS, this is not how US Consulates operate.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Nat&Amy said:

I am having a hard time believing they asked those things. Having followed several K1 cases in Rio, I have noted COs there are known for being friendly and for sticking to standard questions. All of the questions you reported are offending and nonsensical at best.

Her 4 th question was that.  I m asking a ver personal question. I said go ahead she said you two had sex or having sex? I was looking at her face in my heart i am like whaaat.. but my answer was yes.  

Just now, Nat&Amy said:

Submit in Dropbox? I'm calling this BS, this is not how US Consulates operate.

Yes document was all ready with me when she ask me to give her 2018 conversation. She said its ok you can submit that in dropbox. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Faisal1 said:

Her 4 th question was that.  I m asking a ver personal question. I said go ahead she said you two had sex or having sex? I was looking at her face in my heart i am like whaaat.. but my answer was yes.  

Toothbrush color, favorite juice, if people are having sex, four years of whatsapp convos as evidence? Why? None of that proves bonafide relationship. Again, having a real hard time believing any of this happened.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

I am having a hard time believing they asked those things. Having followed several K1 cases in Rio, I have noted COs there are known for being friendly and for sticking to standard questions. All of the questions you reported are offending and nonsensical at best.

Well  like in 2014 we used to talk on facetime so i had that in history but after 2015 my canadain whatsaap number i dont have even after my other country number in 2016 i dont have. So i stated that to her. In 2017 18 19 i have all each and single day along with each three trips. But she was  acting like bs

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Toothbrush color, favorite juice, if people are having sex, four years of whatsapp convos as evidence? Why? None of that proves bonafide relationship. Again, having a real hard time believing any of this happened.

Yes you are right.  Like she ask my fiancee abt my toothbrush so she gave the right answer of mine..also i was shocked and you are right.  I normally dont give attention that what kind of toothbrush head my fiancee use..but Like i said i was still calm and i did cooperate with her now my case is in AP if she reject my visa.  I will collect all the doc and file a law suit.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.