Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nat&Amy said:

I was not able to schedule the interview while my case was the NVC, but as soon as it changed to In Transit the CSRA system no longer had a block and allowed me to proceed. My case got to Rio on July 30 but I am still waiting for the Embassy to send me an email. 

Have you started looking into your medicals? Soon as you get your case number you might want to contact the doctor in your city to try and schedule your appointment and exams. Some of them run out of availability pretty fast!

Things seem to be going faster these days - an interview in September sounds very plausible! :) 

I have not received my case number yet. It has only been 4 days since my approval. Do you know what number I have to call to get my RDJ number? I already know what my fiance needs for the medical but we can't schedule anything until we have the RDJ number and the appointment set up, no? or that is what i was told.

Timeline

Happy for all you guys! Hopefully next month we'll be going through this process....still waiting on NOA2. 🤗

Advice: KEEP BUSY!!

March 12 2018 - I-129F Sent to USCIS (Dallas) 

March 13 2018 - I-129F Delivered

March 19 2018 – Rec’d TEXT w/receipt #

March 19 2018 – Check Cleared

March 20 2018 - NOA1 Sent out

March 23 2018 - Received hard copy letter of NOA1 (Application in California Processing)

Oct 3 2018 USCIS mailed NOA2

Oct 4 2018 - Approved NOA2  via App (206 days of waiting)

Oct 9 2018  NOA2 Received via mail

Oct 24 2018 NVC Received Case

Oct 25 2018 NVC Case number received

Nov 1 2018 DS-160 Submitted online

Nov 14 2018 Case sent to embassy

Nov 16 2018 Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

Jan 10 2019 Medical exam completed

Jan 15 2019 Interview

Jan 16 2019 Interview Results - status "Issued"

Jan 24 2019 Visa in Hand 

Feb 18 2019 - POE

April 9 2019- Married!!!

April 27 2019- AOS Filed / Mailed

April 28 2019- AOS Delivered (Chicago)

May 2 2019 - Rec’d TEXT w/receipt # for AOS, EAD, & Travel / (NOA 1)

Nov 14 2019 - EAD & AP Approved

Nov 18 2019 - Card Mailed

Nov 21 2019 - Combo Card Rec'd

Jan 30 2020 - Green Card Interview

Jan 30 2020 - Card Approved and in Production

Feb 6 2020 - Greencard Rec'd

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, Annlee21 said:

hey guys i have 3 questions. 

1. my fiance wants to put his parents down as co sponsor just bc we´ll be living with them for the first few months. which form does he need to fill out? I164 OR I1864?

2. how far back of pay stubs? 3 months?

3. does he need bank statements singed by the bank officer?

Hi there. I'm afraid I don't really know what form to fill for co-sponsors because we didn't use one, but as to pay stubs, we are using 3 months, yes. And we also got a letter signed by the bank with the info they ask in the I134 instructions:

(1) Date account opened; (2) Total amount deposited for the past year; and (3) Present balance.

Bom dia

So, I have two concerns.....

- You think that after the interview, they will return my passport  in two weeks?

- I haven't taken all the vaccins they but, the doctor's recepcionist told me to not take any vaccines till the appointment.

- you think i'm too crazy if i start booking flights and honeymoon hotel?

Thanks

Timeline
11 minutes ago, carumanto said:

Bom dia

- You think that after the interview, they will return my passport  in two weeks?

- I haven't taken all the vaccins they but, the doctor's recepcionist told me to not take any vaccines till the appointment.

Thanks

Hi there!

You can't be crazier than me, who already booked flights and hotels for 13 people + paid two deposits for my wedding ceremony in October (one of which I lost because I had to reschedule everything from June to October 🙄 haha)

I sincerely hope the visa will be ready within two weeks after the interview but this whole process is so unpredictable... Technically, we shouldn't even be counting on the visa being approved in the first place, because that is up to the CO, but it is very difficult to imagine a refusal when you have everything they ask for and more.

I'd say that one should always be prepared to either 1) not make any plans or 2)make plans and be willing to change them even if money gets wasted in the process.

As to vaccinations, it makes sense that they tell you to wait for the appointment because from my own experience, there are vaccines that must respect certain intervals of time and if you don't time them right you might end up causing unnecessary delays. Just to be safe, take EVERY vaccination card you've ever had with you (I for one have at least seven, and the only vaccine I've never gotten is the one for varicella but I had chickenpox so I'm immune anyway).

Edited by Nat&Amy

10 minutes ago, carumanto said:

Bom dia

Thanks

Hard to say when you’re going to get the passport back. Some time ago someone had problems having their passport delivered when the correios truck was robbed. If you’re not worried about losing money, you can do whatever you want. There’s always refundable tickets and such in case your plans don’t come through.

Depending on what vaccines are missing, it’s cheaper to take them at a posto de saúde

19 hours ago, Annlee21 said:

1. my fiance wants to put his parents down as co sponsor just bc we´ll be living with them for the first few months. which form does he need to fill out? I164 OR I1864?

1. The form for k1 visas is the i134. Your fiancé is the main sponsor so he has to fill and sign one, and the same for the sponsor. Since you didn’t give any more info on their income, it’s hard to give better advise

2. I’d go as far as 6 months to show good continuous income

3. Bank statements and bank info are only needed if income is not enough, again, without knowing income info, it’s hard to give better advice

Timeline
On 8/5/2018 at 4:47 PM, Annlee21 said:

Hi Annlee! Did you receive packet 3 yet?

Is your interview scheduled for Sep. 4? Make sure to follow this extra step:  

Please note that If your interview happens after September 1st 2018, you are required to visit one of the ASCs to collect your biometrics and photo before the interview in the consulate. This step will appear while you are registering/scheduling the interview using the link above

Timeline

Hey guys! Do any of you know what they ask at the interview if your fiance has been in the USA as a student before? Also, He worked BUT ONLY in campus. but he is still scared that that may hurt our case. I have told him that it is okay because he only worked in campus and that is  permitted by USCIS but he is still scared of the interview, he doesn't want to get him denied, does any one know of someone with the same experience, so that i can tell him and get him a bit more calm?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Suny & LeLe said:

Hey guys! Do any of you know what they ask at the interview if your fiance has been in the USA as a student before? Also, He worked BUT ONLY in campus. but he is still scared that that may hurt our case. I have told him that it is okay because he only worked in campus and that is  permitted by USCIS but he is still scared of the interview, he doesn't want to get him denied, does any one know of someone with the same experience, so that i can tell him and get him a bit more calm?

Hi there!

Sorry, I realized I have not answered your previous question. Yes, you do need your case number to schedule your medical appointment! :)

As to working, I don't think there is reason for him to worry about it, if it respected his visa conditions. When I was in the US with my J1 visa, I used to work at the UNI's dining hall and I even mentioned it in my DS 160.

Always tell the truth, and always provide the information they ask for. They have other means to find out anyway. Everything will work out fine. ;) 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Hi there!

Sorry, I realized I have not answered your previous question. Yes, you do need your case number to schedule your medical appointment! :)

As to working, I don't think there is reason for him to worry about it, if it respected his visa conditions. When I was in the US with my J1 visa, I used to work at the UNI's dining hall and I even mentioned it in my DS 160.

Always tell the truth, and always provide the information they ask for. They have other means to find out anyway. Everything will work out fine. ;) 

Awesome, thank you! 

Yeah, that is exactly what i told him because he did respect his visa conditions but it is still a little scary for him and so i was wondering if maybe anyone heard of a similar case to make him feel better :) . I used to be the nervous one at the first stage of our process but now he is the one freaking out a little hehe. He says that everything depends on him now.

1 hour ago, Nat&Amy said:

Please note that If your interview happens after September 1st 2018, you are required to visit one of the ASCs to collect your biometrics and photo before the interview in the consulate. This step will appear while you are registering/scheduling the interview using the link above

Hey, where did you find this information?

What does that mean?

Timeline
1 hour ago, carumanto said:

Hey, where did you find this information?

What does that mean?

It's in packet 3 (email you receive from the Consulate after your case is ready).

It means that after Sep. 1, picture and biometrics will no longer be taken on the day of the interview at the Consulate for the K1 visa, in a single appointment.

There will need to be a prior visit to an ASC (just like it happens with visitor visas, for instance).

6 hours ago, Nat&Amy said:

Hi Annlee! Did you receive packet 3 yet?

i didnt see that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.