Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

I know right. I have seen some previous post of people booking it without it being in the embassy but I think I´m going to wait until I see a ready. I´m in Brasilia just the agency I hired is in Sao Paulo. The doctor here is Dr. Carlos. his secretary told me he would see me with out the interview date as long as I know that its happening soon. But the only day he has is on august 7th. So I´m hoping by then my case will be in RIO so I can book it and have a date. So one last time for me to be sure. The only thing that needs to done after the approval and the case number is completing the ds160, paying the fee and waiting for the case to get to rio. Meanwhile collecting all the documents they ask for to show at the interview. Correct?

Oh, perfect, thanks for the clarification!

Yeah, I know how you feel. I see people from all these other countries that don't even need their case to be in transit to schedule an interview and I get so jealous, haha! The next available date for interviews in Brazil is either Aug 28 or Sep 4 at this point, so it does make me envious when I see people that get an interview date for the following week or something.

I am pretty sure your case will be at the Consulate next week, hopefully mine will be too! :) 

And yes. Medicals, DS 160, paying and scheduling your interview, gathering documents. That's it!

Edited by Nat&Amy

1 minute ago, Nat&Amy said:

Yeah, I know how you feel. I see people from all these other countries that don't even need their case to be in transit to schedule an interview and I get so jealous, haha! The next available date for interviews in Brazil is either Aug 28 or Sep 4 at this point, so it does make me envious when I see people that get an interview date for the following week or something.

I am pretty sure your case will be at the Consulate next week, hopefully mine will be too! :) 

And yes. Medicals, DS 160, paying and scheduling your interview, gathering documents. That's it!

thank you so much for your help. i was so confused. yes hopefully our case get there soon!

On 7/28/2018 at 5:09 PM, Nat&Amy said:

hey good morning.

did your case get to the embassy today?

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

yes me too! so excited! I still can't see the dates 😕 can you tell me which are available?

Great!!

When I booked mine, the earliest date available was August 28. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, carumanto said:

Hey guys.

So yours changed ro Ready or Ready for interview?

I'm little lost. Mine say Ready.

So I need to submit DS160 and then schedule the interview?

Obrigada

Hi there!!

It's the same status :)

Now, about the DS 160, make sure you fill it carefully - if you have questions clarify them (or even contact the Consulate if you need to, they are very helpful) before submitting.

The Consulate will send an email with detailed instructions (very similar to the one on their website). If you're in doubt about where or how to book your interview, I recommend waiting for that email to avoid any problems.

Almost there now!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Suny & LeLe said:

Guys how long does it take to get the RDJ number and be able to schedule the interview? We got approved yesterday! :) 

Hi there! Congratulations!

Times at NVC can vary considerably. From NOA 2 to Embassy it was 45 days for me, but others that got their NOA2 in July only had to wait 15 days or so to schedule an interview. It's really a lottery. 😔

I got my case number 3 weeks after NOA2 but I guess you can start calling NVC as early as 1 week in.

My advice is: take your time, fill in and triple check your DS 160, read the Brazilian Embassy K1 webpage carefully (their instructions are very clear), create an account at the CSRA website and check constantly with your RDJ number to see if your case is ready for interview or not!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/1/2018 at 2:47 PM, Nat&Amy said:

Hi there! Congratulations!

Times at NVC can vary considerably. From NOA 2 to Embassy it was 45 days for me, but others that got their NOA2 in July only had to wait 15 days or so to schedule an interview. It's really a lottery. 😔

I got my case number 3 weeks after NOA2 but I guess you can start calling NVC as early as 1 week in.

My advice is: take your time, fill in and triple check your DS 160, read the Brazilian Embassy K1 webpage carefully (their instructions are very clear), create an account at the CSRA website and check constantly with your RDJ number to see if your case is ready for interview or not!

So even if you had the RDJ number in 3 weeks you couldn't schedule the appointment until you reached the 45 days. Right? I will start calling next week to ask for the RDJ number. I really hope I can get a interview date for sometime in September! :) 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Suny & LeLe said:

So even if you had the RDJ number in 3 weeks you couldn't schedule the appointment until you reached the 45 days. Right? I will start calling next week to ask for the RDJ number. I really hope I can get a interview date for sometime in September! :) 

I was not able to schedule the interview while my case was the NVC, but as soon as it changed to In Transit the CSRA system no longer had a block and allowed me to proceed. My case got to Rio on July 30 but I am still waiting for the Embassy to send me an email. 

Have you started looking into your medicals? Soon as you get your case number you might want to contact the doctor in your city to try and schedule your appointment and exams. Some of them run out of availability pretty fast!

Things seem to be going faster these days - an interview in September sounds very plausible! :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.