Nat&Amy

NVC to interview in Rio, Brazil

588 posts in this topic

On 8/6/2018 at 12:12 PM, p-ana said:

1. The form for k1 visas is the i134. Your fiancé is the main sponsor so he has to fill and sign one, and the same for the sponsor. Since you didn’t give any more info on their income, it’s hard to give better advise

2. I’d go as far as 6 months to show good continuous income

3. Bank statements and bank info are only needed if income is not enough, again, without knowing income info, it’s hard to give better advice

he makes enought. its just we will be living at his parents house so he thinks they might ask about his parents situation. so he wants to include the who household.

10 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

he makes enought. its just we will be living at his parents house so he thinks they might ask about his parents situation. so he wants to include the who household.

If he makes enough, there’s no need for sponsors. Living in the same house does not mean everyone is in the same household. That has to do with taxes and if they claim each other as dependents, file together, etc.

3 hours ago, p-ana said:

If he makes enough, there’s no need for sponsors. Living in the same house does not mean everyone is in the same household. That has to do with taxes and if they claim each other as dependents, file together, etc.

he has a daughter but she gets filed under his parents taxes. so he files single. does he need to get his parents information too?

1 hour ago, Annlee21 said:

he has a daughter but she gets filed under his parents taxes. so he files single. does he need to get his parents information too?

You said he makes enough. If he makes enough he doesn’t need anyone else info.

14 hours ago, Nat&Amy said:

You didn't see that when you scheduled your interview? Did you receive the email from the Consulate?

This is what they sent:

Você agendou a sua entrevista com sucesso e pagou a taxa do visto K. Aqui estão os detalhes da sua transação.

Você deve imprimir essa página de instruções e apresentar em sua entrevista consular, junto a carta ou e-mail que você recebeu da Seção Consular.

Para informações adicionais relacionadas ao processo de Visto de Imigrante e a documentação necessária, por favor verifique sua carta ou e-mail ou acesse ao site da Seção Consular em https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv/information/iv_overview.

And there's nothing about it on the website they sent.

Is there another website I'm not aware of?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
33 minutes ago, carumanto said:

This is what they sent:

Você agendou a sua entrevista com sucesso e pagou a taxa do visto K. Aqui estão os detalhes da sua transação.

Você deve imprimir essa página de instruções e apresentar em sua entrevista consular, junto a carta ou e-mail que você recebeu da Seção Consular.

Para informações adicionais relacionadas ao processo de Visto de Imigrante e a documentação necessária, por favor verifique sua carta ou e-mail ou acesse ao site da Seção Consular em https://ais.usvisa-info.com/pt-br/iv/information/iv_overview.

And there's nothing about it on the website they sent.

Is there another website I'm not aware of?

Hello. 

I see from your timeline that your case became ready on July 30 (the same date as mine), but I also see you informed date of Packet 3 as July 30 as well.

It is important to mention that these are two separate things.

Packet 3 is when the Consulate in Rio sends an email to the petitioner confirming the beneficiary's docs are with them, containing all the official instructions to schedule the appointment. 

My fiancee received Packet 3 (email) yesterday.

The email contained pretty much the same information that can be found in the website, BUT it also contained this very important change:

5.       Agendar a sua entrevista no Consulado do Rio de Janeiro. Outros postos no Brasil não podem conduzir entrevistas para vistos K. Favor notar que Caso sua entrevista aconteça após 1 de Setembro de 2018, Será necessário visitar um dos CASVs para coletar sua biometria e foto antes da entrevista no consulado.  Este passo aparecerá automaticamente enquanto o registro/marcação de sua entrevista estiver sendo feito usando o link acima

If your interview is on Sep 4, then it is affected by this change. If when you scheduled your interview, they did not give you an option to schedule the biometrics, get in touch with the CSRA as soon as possible to fix it or you might encounter difficulties moving ahead.

Please keep us posted, ok? 

19 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Hello. 

I see from your timeline that your case became ready on July 30 (the same date as mine), but I also see you informed date of Packet 3 as July 30 as well.

It is important to mention that these are two separate things.

Packet 3 is when the Consulate in Rio sends an email to the petitioner confirming the beneficiary's docs are with them, containing all the official instructions to schedule the appointment. 

My fiancee received Packet 3 (email) yesterday.

The email contained pretty much the same information that can be found in the website, BUT it also contained this very important change:

5.       Agendar a sua entrevista no Consulado do Rio de Janeiro. Outros postos no Brasil não podem conduzir entrevistas para vistos K. Favor notar que Caso sua entrevista aconteça após 1 de Setembro de 2018, Será necessário visitar um dos CASVs para coletar sua biometria e foto antes da entrevista no consulado.  Este passo aparecerá automaticamente enquanto o registro/marcação de sua entrevista estiver sendo feito usando o link acima

If your interview is on Sep 4, then it is affected by this change. If when you scheduled your interview, they did not give you an option to schedule the biometrics, get in touch with the CSRA as soon as possible to fix it or you might encounter difficulties moving ahead.

Please keep us posted, ok? 

when do we get this packet 3? it comes in whose email? i just went to the doctors a few days ago.

Timeline
16 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

when do we get this packet 3? it comes in whose email? i just went to the doctors a few days ago.

Packet 3 gets sent to the petitioner's email. I (beneficiary) did not actually receive anything, but my fiancee forwarded it to me right away, early in the morning yesterday. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

oh okay. i didnt get anything yet.

No prob. I thought you had already scheduled your interview, that's why I gave you the heads up. :)

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/brazil/571295/pdfs/Instr%20_amp_%20Carta%20Entrev%20Noiva%20K1K2-%20Port%20Oct13.pdf

is this packet 3?

5 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

No prob. I thought you had already scheduled your interview, that's why I gave you the heads up. :)

yep i did. im calling rio casv tommorow. thank you so much

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Annlee21 said:

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/brazil/571295/pdfs/Instr _amp_ Carta Entrev Noiva K1K2- Port Oct13.pdf

is this packet 3?

yep i did. im calling rio casv tommorow. thank you so much

Hi again!

Yes, good thing you are calling them. The change is very recent so it's better to double check everything.

As to the link you shared, those were the instructions back in 2013. They are not up to date so I do not recommend following them.

The most recent information is in https://br.usembassy.gov/pt/visas-pt/noivos/a-entrevista/ but even this one is a little outdated because it says nothing about the change beginning Sep this year.

3 minutes ago, Nat&Amy said:

Hi again!

Yes, good thing you are calling them. The change is very recent so it's better to double check everything.

As to the link you shared, those were the instructions back in 2013. They are not up to date so I do not recommend following them.

The most recent information is in https://br.usembassy.gov/pt/visas-pt/noivos/a-entrevista/ but even this one is a little outdated because it says nothing about the change beginning Sep this year.

yes. i am! thank you.

good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello @Annlee21 and @Nat&Amy, I scheduled my interview yesterday for September 4th and I didn't see anything regarding this CASV appointment that is supposed to be mandatory after September 1st. I've already payed the fee and received the payment confirmation email, instructing me to go the interview and there's nothing mentioning this extra appointment.

I am going to call them tomorrow and check, since I have my medical scheduled for August 29th and I will have a couple extra days in Rio anyway, so if I need to go to the CASV I think I'll be fine.

If you guys know more about this, please let me know. 
Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.