Ijndchyke

K1 VISA PROCEDURES FOR NIGERIA ONLY

413 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Earlier spots do open from time to time. Need to keep your eyes open as they usually are snapped up rather quickly. Don't cancel too many times or you head to the back of the line and have to wait 90 days and pay the interview fee once again.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline OR your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine their Embassy. The country that should be used is the country where the interview will take place.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Once you finish that then return and you will see a flag in your profile. Select it and see what wonderful information will open up for you.

Thanks

@sg123  See above for instructions on how to complete your profile. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Greenbaum said:

Yes you are in the Nigerians only room (but the TOS states that anyone can visit and comment in any thread) and yes I processed through the Philippines more than 5 years ago. So what's your point?

If you were to wonder out of this thread then how would others have the information to answer your question. Each embassy is different and it only benefits you because you will get a straight answer.

But what I tell those who are resisting the thought of finishing there timeline and embassy, where they will process their visa through, you don't have to complete it and I don't have to respond with answering your questions. I answer and help many people, which if you look at my profile you'll see it's almost 7,000 replies. Once again you do not have to complete your profile, I was just making the request so I and others can help you. :yes:

Well I was just assuming that if posting in "Nigeria Only" group I would assume we were talking about the same country. You pointing out that my flag was missing made me wonder if I was in group centered around K1 visa's for the Philippines. But obviously I am not either way...thank for the info! Keep up the great work!

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 1:58 AM, GreenLt said:

I got my Case # from NVC yesterday, then i went ahead and filled out DS-160 and was given a confirmation code, then i proceeded to schedule an interview appointment and i was given an appointment confirmation code that i had used for a B1/B2 visa in the past, the website say the DS-160 confirmation code must match with appointment confirmation code, has anyone experienced this issue and how were they able to resolve it?

I don't think the bar code from your DS-160 confirmation must match with the appointment confirmation code.  I booked my appointment for June and the codes are different. I may be wrong though, so please guys I need clarification. Thanks !

1 hour ago, charlyadams said:

I don't think the bar code from your DS-160 confirmation must match with the appointment confirmation code.  I booked my appointment for June and the codes are different. I may be wrong though, so please guys I need clarification. Thanks !

It must match.

You probably have the bar code for a previous visa application.

You should call the customer care number and request that they rectify and use the DS Confirmation number you have for your K1 application.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Rayson said:

It must match.

You should call the customer care number and request that they rectify and use the DS Confirmation number you have for your K1 application.

Please how do I know it matches? The UID for the appointment letter is in numbers while the confirmation of the ds-160 is in alphabets

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Rayson said:

It must match.

Its my 1st time applying for a us visa and my ds-160 and Appointment confirmation code dont are not the same

18 minutes ago, Drenimarcus said:

Please how do I know it matches? The UID for the appointment letter is in numbers while the confirmation of the ds-160 is in alphabets

The pattern of the codes are even different. The ds 160 code is patterned like this  AA000V0UVZ while the appointment code is 8 digits

37 minutes ago, Rayson said:

It must match.

The pattern of the codes are even different. The ds 160 code is patterned like this  AA000V0UVZ while the appointment code is 8 digits

21 minutes ago, Drenimarcus said:

On your Appointment confirmation, the bottom left, you will see your DS160 Confirmation number. It should be the same with your Visa Application confirmation number.

The UID is on the bottom right, you don't need to worry about that one.

9 minutes ago, Robify said:

Its my 1st time applying for a us visa and my ds-160 and Appointment confirmation code dont are not the same

Maybe i don't get your point.

The Confirmation number is different from the UID number.

Just ensure that the DS-160 Confirmation Number on your appointment confirmation is same as the one on your visa application confirmation.

You don't have to worry about the UID number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rayson said:

Maybe i don't get your point.

The Confirmation number is different from the UID number.

Just ensure that the DS-160 Confirmation Number on your appointment confirmation is same as the one on your visa application confirmation.

You don't have to worry about the UID number.

I just called the costumer care(012278955) and they sent me a new confirmation letter via email with the ds-160 confirmation code attached it..

Thank you for mentioning it. If not i would have gone with a wrong code.

12 minutes ago, Robify said:

I just called the costumer care(012278955) and they sent me a new confirmation letter via email with the ds-160 confirmation code attached it..

Thank you for mentioning it. If not i would have gone with a wrong code.

Great.......

Timeline
7 minutes ago, charlyadams said:

Fixed mine too. Tnx for the insight guys. 

How did you fix it, the 012278955 isn’t going through 

Timeline
Just now, charlyadams said:

It went through for me. I spoke with a  CSR and she fixed it immediately. 

Okay thanks. Will keep trying

Timeline
13 minutes ago, charlyadams said:

It went through for me. I spoke with a  CSR and she fixed it immediately. 

Got it sorted too. I just love this site.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.