zeljuu

CEAC Website Down for maintenance?

484 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, IndigoSkies said:

I was pocking around the ceac website and came across this page: https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Maintenance.aspx 

There's a generic message about some users being able to access the site but not all users. Now please tamper your expectation. That link/message doesn't have any date. So maybe it's related to some outage from before or maybe it's related to current outage that started July  1, 2018. Just trying to post things that I learned for others to see. 

Thanks for sharing this

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Wow it's Monday and still nothing. No report, no statement on the issue, no time estimation. It's like my life is on pause because this is all I'm thinking about....its been 10 long months and I just wanna pay these fees, submit ds260 and documents and get on with life sigh it's frustrating and overwhelming. Trying to keep positive but it's hard. I'm trying to trust that something good will arise soon....like very soon!

7 hours ago, Faris1987 said:

Hi Everyone . I am not able to access the CEAC portal to print the confirmation page of DS 260 . My interview is on the 1st of august . Anyone passed through the same here ? Is there any work around . Appreciate your support . 

I faced the same issue and have posted in this thread a few times about it. I had our interview this morning at the consulate in montréal. They did not ask for the ds-260 confirmation and we were approved to receive the visa.

it may be different at your consulate but hopefully you wont have any problems. Good luck!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nurse19 said:

Wow it's Monday and still nothing. No report, no statement on the issue, no time estimation. It's like my life is on pause because this is all I'm thinking about....its been 10 long months and I just wanna pay these fees, submit ds260 and documents and get on with life sigh it's frustrating and overwhelming. Trying to keep positive but it's hard. I'm trying to trust that something good will arise soon....like very soon!

It's very frustrating..where u cannot move ahead..to pay your fees ..and be one step closer to cc..since my embassy is now pivot ..I'm taking the wait time to scan all the required documents..hope NVC resolve their issues soon..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nikmyshkin said:

I faced the same issue and have posted in this thread a few times about it. I had our interview this morning at the consulate in montréal. They did not ask for the ds-260 confirmation and we were approved to receive the visa.

it may be different at your consulate but hopefully you wont have any problems. Good luck!!

How long did nvc take to schedule your appointment after your case was completed at nvc? What was your cc date? Any info would helpful as I'm waiting for nvc to schedule our appointment at Montreal embassy. Thank you in advance! 

Edited by Maan17

9 hours ago, Faris1987 said:

Hi Everyone . I am not able to access the CEAC portal to print the confirmation page of DS 260 . My interview is on the 1st of august . Anyone passed through the same here ? Is there any work around . Appreciate your support . 

I had a friend of mine do this whole process and he forgot to take/or they lost the confirmation page when he was at the interview, and his spouse just wasn’t able to get her visa,  they had to mail the confirmation page to them, then 2 weeks later she had to go get her visa at another location.

I called the NVC and asked the representative what their current review time is after all the documents get submitted. She said the current review time is 3 weeks. After that they schedule an interview with the embassy. Still no response on when the website will work again though. It seems like they messed something up pretty badly.

Edited by Rosepetal3333

1 minute ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

I called the NVC and asked the representative what their current review time is after all the documents get submitted. She said the current review time is 3 weeks. After that they schedule an interview with the embassy. Still no response on when the website will work again though. It seems like they messed something up pretty badly.

What happens if you submitt all the documents through mail without having filled out DS260 first? Would they wait until you complete your DS260 to process your case, would would they process your submitted documents ASAP regardless of DS260 completed or not. 

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

What happens if you submitt all the documents through mail without having filled out DS260 first? Would they wait until you complete your DS260 to process your case, would would they process your submitted documents ASAP regardless of DS260 completed or not. 

I asked the representative if I can send my documents through mail, and she said I cant because my case can only be processed online. Also on the NVC website, it says that the time it takes to review a case is 3 weeks after ALL the documents are submitted. So to answer your question, yes it will wait for the DS260

If your case is  non pivot than you can send you documents thou mail but they won't review those until you fill your ds260. If case is pivot than you have to submit thou website after filling ds260.

2 minutes ago, Rosepetal3333 said:

I asked the representative if I can send my documents through mail, and she said I cant because my case can only be processed online. Also on the NVC website, it says that the time it takes to review a case is 3 weeks after ALL the documents are submitted. So to answer your question, yes it will wait for the DS260

While you waiting for website to open you can start scanning you documents which will save your time. I think per document no more than 5mb but you need to double-check as I'm not 100% sure.

5 minutes ago, Reqahmed said:

While you waiting for website to open you can start scanning you documents which will save your time. I think per document no more than 5mb but you need to double-check as I'm not 100% sure.

Yeah, I'm in the process of getting my police check and gathering all documents together while I wait for the site to come back up. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get anything starting on CEAC before it went down but I'm trying to get prepared as best I can...

Edited by arellah

Removing Conditions timeline:

• I-90 accidentally submitted - 2020-08-14
  • I-751 submitted & received - 2021-03-26
  • Biometrics applied to case - 2021-04-21
  • Ready to schedule interview - 2021-12-22
  • Interview scheduled - 2022-01-04
  • Interview - 2022-02-01 / Postponed
  • New 10 year card being sent out!!!!
    2022-02-03 / Case Approved 2022-02-04

Timeline
5 hours ago, Nikmyshkin said:

For people who need the confirmation page printed if you got a pivot case there is a chance you may not need it i contacted the local embassy through a email cause calling them didnt help they were able to pull the data up and said its all in the system and we wont need such documents. Dont bother calling nvc they are useless. Email the local embassy by searching the site for the contact infomation its much faster 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

So I called again today.  Hoping maybe since it's dragged out for so long, maybe they'd give us a workaround.  Got a flat no to every question asked.  No timeframe, no i cant mail in payment, no there's no other way to handle payment.  

Anyway, I've made a call to my representative and both of my US Senators.  Representative's office advised I can reach out to an Immigration Caseworker and they gave me that information.  Not sure if they can be of any help but I'll keep others apprised of any progress.  Sent email today, will let anyone know if I get a response.

Its frustrating to see that still nothing has been done....after uploading documents,I received an email regarding my case status update and had to resubmit few documents and then again  received the same email from NVC and this time they are asking for some new documents but since the system is down,I m unable to do so...feels like they are just stalling my case....Why don't they ask for all documents at once...does anyone here faced the same problem or is it just me that still my documents are incomplete

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.