Bladeness

Canadian Medical Exams

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello!     (I'm still new at this, so I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong place..) 

I was wondering if any CANADIAN k-1 beneficiaries could share their list of options on where they could go for their MEDICAL EXAM from the embassy (Preferably fairly pretty recent). Wondering if they can reply with a picture of the list or type up all the options they give to Canadians. 

I'm a January filer and waiting for our NOA2. We have only met once in our 4 year relationship (don't worry, we met in the two year span of filing), so we would like to make another visit before his interview. If there is a place close to me (but not him) where my fiance can get his medical exam, then visit/stay with me for a bit across the border rather than getting a hotel, we will do it that way to make it easier and cheaper for us, plus more prove for the interview! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to the Canada forum, from K1 P&P - The OP is looking for Country specific answers.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

3 minutes ago, Bladeness said:

Hello!     (I'm still new at this, so I'm sorry if I put this in the wrong place..) 

I was wondering if any CANADIAN k-1 beneficiaries could share their list of options on where they could go for their MEDICAL EXAM from the embassy (Preferably fairly pretty recent). Wondering if they can reply with a picture of the list or type up all the options they give to Canadians. 

I'm a January filer and waiting for our NOA2. We have only met once in our 4 year relationship (don't worry, we met in the two year span of filing), so we would like to make another visit before his interview. If there is a place close to me (but not him) where my fiance can get his medical exam, then visit/stay with me for a bit across the border rather than getting a hotel, we will do it that way to make it easier and cheaper for us, plus more prove for the interview! 

You can find the list of Canadian approved medical examiners on the state.gov website. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/medical-examination.html

Scroll down and choose the consulate, open the pdf and i think the last page has the dr options. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Dee elle said:

You can find the list of Canadian approved medical examiners on the state.gov website. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/interview/interview-prepare/medical-examination.html

Scroll down and choose the consulate, open the pdf and i think the last page has the dr options. 

Thank you for your help! I have looked at that earlier.. 

I decided to come here to double check to see if there were more options on the actual list that they send out or if all Canadians actually only have three provinces to choose from. -_-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bladeness said:

Thank you for your help! I have looked at that earlier.. 

I decided to come here to double check to see if there were more options on the actual list that they send out or if all Canadians actually only have three provinces to choose from. -_-

those are the only places you can have your medical done.

and Montreal is the only consulate for your interview .... in case you didnt know. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Bladeness said:

kind of an aside, but how have you only met ONCE in 4 years? My fiance is in Canada he is down every 3 weeks. I know most people cant do that, but canada is far closer than many places people seem to find fiances. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Timeline
1 minute ago, debbiedoo said:

kind of an aside, but how have you only met ONCE in 4 years? My fiance is in Canada he is down every 3 weeks. I know most people cant do that, but canada is far closer than many places people seem to find fiances. 

Thank you. I knew about Montreal being the only place to have the interview (which he said he isn't going to believe it until he "gets the paperwork", I'm like ummmm, it's right here on the official site...) :bonk:

He lives in Edmonton, Alberta and I'm from Michigan (which yes, I'm close to the border) but that's still 1,900 Miles (if you take the fastest route by car.) 

But since you asked, haha. Here we go.. 

We met 5 years ago when i just turned 17 and he was 22, so he wanted to wait until I was 18 to date, just in case. For the first 1-2 years he had a decent job at first, he was a welder but was let go with several others. He was then unemployed for a pretty long time, applied for jobs almost everywhere, even did it at some places twice and called some places. I then encouraged him to go back and finish his schooling (he dropped out in 10th grade I believe it was) and get his GED. He agreed so that he has at least even a slightly better chance of being more employable once he starts seeking a job here in the US. Then after getting his GED, he started a part-time job as well as started a college class. At that time he was going to come visit me for my birthday in November (during his school break and with some of his tuition money he had saved) but his job wouldn't give him the time off for it. I told him that it was okay and just try for Christmas instead and his job still wouldn't give it to him. Luckily, his old boss asked if he wanted his job back (working on trucks from a branch off of Ford) and he said yes, but only if I can come back after Christmas and his boss said that was fine. So a few weeks before coming to see me, he put in his 2-weeks at his other job and that was that. He now is in a WAY better place in life than he was a couple years ago. He use to live with annoying, backstabbing roommates also and now he lives alone and works TWO good jobs to save what he can on his end for this whole process. 

Now, coming to my end.. we end up starting to date two months shy of my 18th birthday. He was nervous for no reason but I understood. We waited to make it official until a few months later because that's how I've always done things anyways (I like to be somewhat private on social media). Of course we would've loved to see each other 6 month or so after starting to date but my situation was tricky. I was newly 18 and I live with my single mom. I help take care of my little sister so that my mom can work 40 hours a week. My mom wasn't too into the fact of some 23 year old guy I met over the internet coming to see her 18 year old daughter and I'm all she has aside from my little sister. At the time she was just been protective and I understand where she's coming from. Plus, I have multiple disabilities. I have a disease in my spine (not a contagious one, haha) and I have bi-lateral club foot and ankle. So, even if my now fiance came to visit at that time, he wouldn't be able to afford a $500-600 ticket, having to pay for a place to stay  and having to pay for everything himself (I wasn't too comfortable with all that anyways). At that time we were fighting for my disability and it took 2 years or so to get it. December '17 (also the time my fiance came to visit) is when I started receiving my disability. So when he came to visit, he paid for his ticket, but I paid for everything while he was here for 2 1/2 weeks (which came close to the amount of his ticket, haha). I wouldn't of been able to fly to him because I didn't have a passport (still don't). I have Doctor diagnosed anxieties (mainly social), so I wouldn't be able to get on a plane, let alone by myself. Plus, I wouldn't have money for when I was there I wasn't comfortable with the fact of him paying for everything, I usually like doing things 50/50 if possible. Plus, my mom needed me and still needs me here to take care of my sister while she works. I now could get a babysitter but that was if I was able to fly. 

Therefore, everything started out rough for the both of us but is now pretty smooth and nice. We now are able to get another visit in aside from the fact that we are in the process on probably moving to a house in a week or so. But I've read reviews on the Montreal embassy and they seem very nice and easy, so that put my mind at ease a bit. I'm pretty sure we aren't the first young couple limited on funds. We have LOTS of proof of communicate on skype and text. Plus social media and my mom being my co-sponsor, I'm not worried. But I know another visit would at least strengthen our interview, plus we miss each other A LOT. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Bladeness said:

Thank you. I knew about Montreal being the only place to have the interview (which he said he isn't going to believe it until he "gets the paperwork", I'm like ummmm, it's right here on the official site...) :bonk:

He lives in Edmonton, Alberta and I'm from Michigan (which yes, I'm close to the border) but that's still 1,900 Miles (if you take the fastest route by car.) 

But since you asked, haha. Here we go.. 

We met 5 years ago when i just turned 17 and he was 22, so he wanted to wait until I was 18 to date, just in case. For the first 1-2 years he had a decent job at first, he was a welder but was let go with several others. He was then unemployed for a pretty long time, applied for jobs almost everywhere, even did it at some places twice and called some places. I then encouraged him to go back and finish his schooling (he dropped out in 10th grade I believe it was) and get his GED. He agreed so that he has at least even a slightly better chance of being more employable once he starts seeking a job here in the US. Then after getting his GED, he started a part-time job as well as started a college class. At that time he was going to come visit me for my birthday in November (during his school break and with some of his tuition money he had saved) but his job wouldn't give him the time off for it. I told him that it was okay and just try for Christmas instead and his job still wouldn't give it to him. Luckily, his old boss asked if he wanted his job back (working on trucks from a branch off of Ford) and he said yes, but only if I can come back after Christmas and his boss said that was fine. So a few weeks before coming to see me, he put in his 2-weeks at his other job and that was that. He now is in a WAY better place in life than he was a couple years ago. He use to live with annoying, backstabbing roommates also and now he lives alone and works TWO good jobs to save what he can on his end for this whole process. 

Now, coming to my end.. we end up starting to date two months shy of my 18th birthday. He was nervous for no reason but I understood. We waited to make it official until a few months later because that's how I've always done things anyways (I like to be somewhat private on social media). Of course we would've loved to see each other 6 month or so after starting to date but my situation was tricky. I was newly 18 and I live with my single mom. I help take care of my little sister so that my mom can work 40 hours a week. My mom wasn't too into the fact of some 23 year old guy I met over the internet coming to see her 18 year old daughter and I'm all she has aside from my little sister. At the time she was just been protective and I understand where she's coming from. Plus, I have multiple disabilities. I have a disease in my spine (not a contagious one, haha) and I have bi-lateral club foot and ankle. So, even if my now fiance came to visit at that time, he wouldn't be able to afford a $500-600 ticket, having to pay for a place to stay  and having to pay for everything himself (I wasn't too comfortable with all that anyways). At that time we were fighting for my disability and it took 2 years or so to get it. December '17 (also the time my fiance came to visit) is when I started receiving my disability. So when he came to visit, he paid for his ticket, but I paid for everything while he was here for 2 1/2 weeks (which came close to the amount of his ticket, haha). I wouldn't of been able to fly to him because I didn't have a passport (still don't). I have Doctor diagnosed anxieties (mainly social), so I wouldn't be able to get on a plane, let alone by myself. Plus, I wouldn't have money for when I was there I wasn't comfortable with the fact of him paying for everything, I usually like doing things 50/50 if possible. Plus, my mom needed me and still needs me here to take care of my sister while she works. I now could get a babysitter but that was if I was able to fly. 

Therefore, everything started out rough for the both of us but is now pretty smooth and nice. We now are able to get another visit in aside from the fact that we are in the process on probably moving to a house in a week or so. But I've read reviews on the Montreal embassy and they seem very nice and easy, so that put my mind at ease a bit. I'm pretty sure we aren't the first young couple limited on funds. We have LOTS of proof of communicate on skype and text. Plus social media and my mom being my co-sponsor, I'm not worried. But I know another visit would at least strengthen our interview, plus we miss each other A LOT. 

is he not with the union if hes a welder? paul is a sheet metal worker and has NEVER been out of work.  waiting for EAD will KILL him lol 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

ROC

Timeline
22 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

is he not with the union if hes a welder? paul is a sheet metal worker and has NEVER been out of work.  waiting for EAD will KILL him lol 

No, unfortunately he was not. He was only employed there for a couple of months before being let go, i believe he was a few weeks shy of union. :ranting:

Waiting to work is gonna kill Colten also. He wants to have money saved for the months he has to wait for work . Plus he said he was going to fill out apps for places anyways while he waits to show hes "dediated". Lol. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, bcadenhead said:

Has anyone had their medical with Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas? Im scheduled for Monday and just curious of anyone's experiences they have had! 

My fiance just had his medical with Dr. Mascarenhas and he said it was easy peasy. He was done with the entire appointment including labwork and chest xray by 2pm and he was scheduled for 1:15. Have all your paperwork ready (ie the form posted on his website filled out with your vaccinations by your regular doctor, your passport photos, payment, etc.) and you should be good to go! If you want more specifics, let me know!

Timeline
1 minute ago, sumbunny said:

My fiance just had his medical with Dr. Mascarenhas and he said it was easy peasy. He was done with the entire appointment including labwork and chest xray by 2pm and he was scheduled for 1:15. Have all your paperwork ready (ie the form posted on his website filled out with your vaccinations by your regular doctor, your passport photos, payment, etc.) and you should be good to go! If you want more specifics, let me know!

Oh awesome! I've got it all ready to go, my doctor's faxed over the signed vaccine forms with the titres because I moved pretty far away from them do you think a faxed form would be an issue? They could easily call the doctor its got all their information and signature on it. Plus I'll have my health records and blood tests to show I am immune with me. I think it will be okay! I'm excited! So close! Thanks for the reply! 

Timeline

@bcadenhead I'm sure you'll be fine. My fiance got his public health record to take with him too and that was enough for all of it. He said the doctor walked in, looked at him, looked at his vaccination record, said "you look like a healthy guy", good luck in the USA and sent him off for the required labs. He said it was seriously nothing and had his medical package delivered 4 business days later, so if you want to pay for the courier service, that worked well too!

I flew to Montreal and stayed in a hotel for 6 days during my interview time.  The option for your fiance is to drive or fly to Surrey and stay overnight (or 2) as their results are ready 430pm PST next day.

The other two docs are slower at results.  

Yes that's all that is available and has been for some time now.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.