Keith & Arileidi

Half the country thinks Donald Trump is a racist. HALF.

210 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Satisfied said:

Yes, it does.  If you are 65, the traditional makes sense.  Otherwise, the ROTH makes more sense.  Your earnings will grow tax free either way, but not having to pay taxes on the withdrawals beats the IRA and the  401K.

My 401k comes with matching, Even I realize I shouldn't leave money on the table.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow, take a couple of weeks of vacation and a Trump is a Racist thread turns into an income tax discussion.

:jest:

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

8 hours ago, Boiler said:

Makes me wish we could get back to how deplorable Trump is and how Hillary was the most qualified candidate, ever.

Do you approve of trump putting Russian over our intelligence agencies? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Do you approve of trump putting Russian over our intelligence agencies? 

Well, as we all know our intelligence agencies are always truthful and 100% correct!

the fbi..... is now a bad bar room joke

the cia..... always been shady

the irs..... targeting conservatives

the nsa.... spying and illegal wiretapping of US citizens and openly lying about it

I cannot see why we would not trust them

:sarcasm off:

15 minutes ago, florida racer 73 said:

Well, as we all know our intelligence agencies are always truthful and 100% correct!

the fbi..... is now a bad bar room joke

the cia..... always been shady

the irs..... targeting conservatives

the nsa.... spying and illegal wiretapping of US citizens and openly lying about it

I cannot see why we would not trust them

:sarcasm off:

So is that a yes or a no? 

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

You pay taxes either way.. growth is relatively the same for both Roth 401k/IRA and regular 401k/IRA accounts. 

The key factors when choosing are time horizon(age) and expected tax rate at retirement.

So it really isn't that simple unless you are under 40. 

If you can predict your tax rate at retirement, you should take up financial advising. Because in my lifetime, I have known no one who could do it.  But I would MUCH rather pay taxes on $180,000 than $800,000 (using age 29 as an example) or $97K vs. $174K (age 50).  Either way, the ROTH wins. 

7 hours ago, Rob and Cheryl said:

My 401k comes with matching, Even I realize I shouldn't leave money on the table.

That’s right.  Invest in a 401K up to employer’s match, then put money into a ROTH IRA until they are maxed (yours and spouse’s), then back to your 401K (above employer match) is pretty typical advice I believe.  Of course, you can mix it up in the company with a split of ROTH and traditional 401K if you want to minimize the tax burden upon retirement.

Bearing in mind that most company 401Ks, whether they are traditional or IRA, are not usable until retirement age without a penalty.  Usually, personal IRAs have a bit more latitude for early use (home, education, etc.). 

Edited by Satisfied

6 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Personally, I have lost a lot of confidence in our government agencies.  Would trust the FBI about as far as I could throw Hillary or a cow.  Hopefully they receive a huge turnover in the coming months that gets rid of the unreliable ones.  Though I do not put much faith in that wish...

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Did you read what I wrote?

I think that should explain my position without getting into an all day debate

9 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

If yocu can predict your tax rate at retirement, you should take up financial advising. Because in my lifetime, I have knowng no one who could do it.  But I would MUCH rather pay taxes on $180,000 than $800,000 (using age 29 as an example) or $97K vs. $174K (age 50).  Either way, the ROTH wins. 

Which is impossible. 

Expert economists and stock market analysts

are right less than half the time.  So I doubt a person who has less time, data and expertise could produce more accurate predictions. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Wow, take a couple of weeks of vacation and a Trump is a Racist thread turns into an income tax discussion.

:jest:

Funny thing is he was not called a racist before he became President.

unfortunally racist has lost its meaning because just about everyone is called a racist if you do not agree with them

here is the best part, when Trump is finished serving his second term as president, all of the people that have been screaming he is racist will try to being buddies with him for donations of money or help.

I hate to say it but people do not use common sense anymore, people think and speak with their feelings rather than common sense. If this keeps up the human race will be extinct lole the dinosaurs.

nobody thinks for themselves anymore, nobody researches, they just speak on “what they heard or read”

If I remeber correctly it was President Ronald Regan who said “trust, but verify”

nobody does this anymore!

2 hours ago, florida racer 73 said:

Did you read what I wrote?

I think that should explain my position without getting into an all day debate

Yes I did. 

But I am looking for a simple yes or no. 

I did not ask a complex question with a million possible answers. 

Edited by Keith & Arileidi

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Yes I did. 

Wow, really dude? I gave you my answer?......

come on now.

okay, I will spell ot out for you. NO! In the 46 years I have been a US Born Citizen, we have learned to not trust out intelligence agencies, they have become political and do not represent either the rule of law nor the best intrests of the United States.

any more questions?

by the way a yes or no means nothing without an explination......

9 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Yes I did. 

A yes or no means nothing.......

I do not know what type of answer you are looking for or what purpose but if you are looking for a watered down sugar coated response from me..... well sorry. I am not that guy.

I am very direct when I speak and sometimes harsh

Edited by florida racer 73

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

IsayNO.jpg

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”