Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
14 hours ago, Hello729 said:

I am not sure what this is all about and perhaps someone can lend their expertise here but my heart goes out to you.

Thank you

14 hours ago, Hello729 said:

I am not sure what this is all about and perhaps someone can lend their expertise here but my heart goes out to you.

Thank you

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bunbunbunny said:

sThanks, sounds like something I can do

One more question, is it safe to now travel to my fiancee using an esta for 3 months?

Yes you can travel, you dont have your K1 visa yet so your esta is still valid. Be aware though that they might want proof that you will return back to the Netherlands since you have immigration intent so take a lease or letter from your employer with you that you are expected back, especially when traveling for that long a period. They have the right to refuse you at the border. 

I also think that within those three months you will see your case back at nvc and your consular par started up. 

1 hour ago, Bunbunbunny said:

No problem XD

We once called the NVC for the case number and a month after it as well but by them it was already sent back.

Not sure if that constitutes an inquiry

No, the enquery would be done during USCIS stage enquiring about why its taking so long to process your case. 

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

Yes you can travel, you dont have your K1 visa yet so your esta is still valid. Be aware though that they might want proof that you will return back to the Netherlands since you have immigration intent so take a lease or letter from your employer with you that you are expected back, especially when traveling for that long a period. They have the right to refuse you at the border. 

I also think that within those three months you will see your case back at nvc and your consular par started up. 

No, the enquery would be done during USCIS stage enquiring about why its taking so long to process your case. 

Alright, probably will have to get a new esta because i have a new passport now.

What other documents can I show at the border to effectively proof I'm actually going back home because I'm a freelance developer so I don't have an employer at the moment nor do I have a lease as I postponed moving out of my parent's because well I had hoped to be gone in like a month or two from now 🤣🤣

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Keyki said:

Thank you for answering. I saw your medical was on 16th. Could you finish it without P3?

For the medical, all you need is a copy of the email sent from the NVC stating that they have sent the the package to the embassy.  That is sufficient proof.  Due to scheduling conflicts, Akiko has rescheduled her medical for this Wednesday 8/22/2018.

Update, I just received a text from my fiancee that the P3 letter has arrived.  

Good luck on your journey.  Things happen much quicker now.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

When you refer to CEAC tracker are you just talking about the website link? Or is there an app?  How do you know when your case was last update.  No dates show on mine when I look up our number.

Still waiting on Packet 3 and they  sent ours out to our consulate on August 7.  I hoping to see the words “READY” this coming week.  Looks like some lucky couples get their packet 3’s or statuses changed to ready within 5 days. 

The Website.  If you put in your NVC number it will return the status of the NVC case and with the status it will show Last Updated.  (it will not show it when in "At NVC " status but will start showing it when it is next touched moving to the "In Transit" status and it will periodically be updated after that each time they touch the case.)

https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

Edited by Akiko & Brad

3 hours ago, Bunbunbunny said:

Thanks, sounds like something I can do

One more question, is it safe to now travel to my fiancee using an esta for 3 months?

I am not well versed in the ESTA visa program so I would have to tell you to go into the main pages of VJ and ask the question. Someone there will know. Good Luck.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

33 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

I do not get a date when I check.

F19B11CA-C5B0-4E46-A559-F9B502B9603F.jpeg

You don't get a interview date from NVC. You get your date using the process for your Embassy and here is why I say this.

The K-1 process is quite strange. For a time, it is both a non immigrant (you schedule the interview through your Embassy)  and immigrant visa type (NVC schedules your interview). That is why the links send you the process for immigrant which would be the I-864 even though it truly is a non immigrant visa requiring I-134. As you go through the stages, within the NVC system you look up your file under immigrant. It stays that way until after approval and ready for issue. At that point, it changes over to non -immigrant. It truly is a non immigrant visa with immigrant intent

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is what I’m referring to.  They said they get actual dates when your case was last updated... I’m trying to show I don’t see any dates stating when it was last updated on mine whenever I look it up.

34607900-6FC7-4D3B-A310-CD4F02EC7937.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jlomartin said:

I do not get a date when I check.

F19B11CA-C5B0-4E46-A559-F9B502B9603F.jpeg

I am using Chrome on a laptop.  It may look different on a phone or tablet.  Maybe it dosn't show a date until the embassy changes the status to ready.

CEAC.JPG

Edited by Akiko & Brad

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Akiko & Brad said:

I am using Chrome on a laptop.  It may look different on a phone or tablet.  Maybe it dosn't show a date until the embassy changes the status to ready.

CEAC.JPG

OMG!  That is so strange.  I wonder why they are so different?  You would think they would all be the same.  @ITMFA @kenikki when you were checking your status on the CEAC site did yours look like mine or like the second one with dates showing when case was created and when it was last updated.

Edited by Jlomartin

7 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

OMG!  That is so strange.  I wonder why they are so different?  You would think they would all be the same.  @ITMFA @kenikki when you were checking your status on the CEAC site did yours look like mine or like the second one with dates showing when case was created and when it was last updated.

It will show dates once the consulate gets it - don't worry! 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

Oh okay.  Now it makes sense.  That's what I was initially thinking.  Thanks!

ceac website said ours is “Ready”.  Does that mean we can schedule an interview now!  We are Guz embassy.   Thanks in advance!  

ceac website said ours is “Ready”.  Does that mean we can schedule an interview now!  We are Guz embassy.   Thanks in advance!  

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Timeline
3 hours ago, Akiko & Brad said:

For the medical, all you need is a copy of the email sent from the NVC stating that they have sent the the package to the embassy.  That is sufficient proof.  Due to scheduling conflicts, Akiko has rescheduled her medical for this Wednesday 8/22/2018.

Update, I just received a text from my fiancee that the P3 letter has arrived.  

Good luck on your journey.  Things happen much quicker now.

Ty. Seems you reserved an interview date before you get P3. Please keep sharing us the rest of your journey.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.