Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hello729 said:

Congratulations 🎉 

did you call the embassy to book your appointment?   How did you do it?

They send "packet 4" with the link to book the interview online. I'm not sure how they do it for Chinese applicants

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

57 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

Congrats @ITMFA!!! Were there more September appointments available?

It’s been a week since our petition was transferred from NVC to MTL.  No word of “ready” yet on site or emails to my fiancé.

Does MTL do everything electronic now or do they still mail out Packet 3’s?

I am so excited for you! Almost there!!!

There were appointments still available on the latter 3 Wednesdays of September. They sent packet 3 via snail mail to both my fiancé and me, and emailed it to me too. Yup time to gather all my documents and stay calm :) oh and book a really expensive plane ticket to Montreal...#bclife 

• 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

My fiancee got her interview date for mid September! Now I'm wondering if I can scan the affidavit of support for her, or if she needs the original.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi you guys! I just want  to share that I just call NVC and received my NVC case # today :) I told myself that I will not be calling them and just wait for the mail/email, but I just can't help it lol! We got approved July 31 and got my NOA2 hard copy August 3! Hopefully our case will get sent out next week with the other batch :) I am beyond happy today! We're almost there!!

43 minutes ago, LadyKat said:

Hi you guys! I just want  to share that I just call NVC and received my NVC case # today :) I told myself that I will not be calling them and just wait for the mail/email, but I just can't help it lol! We got approved July 31 and got my NOA2 hard copy August 3! Hopefully our case will get sent out next week with the other batch :) I am beyond happy today! We're almost there!!

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get down. To smooth that trail for your I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Amanda and Camila said:

My fiancee got her interview date for mid September! Now I'm wondering if I can scan the affidavit of support for her, or if she needs the original.

That has been a "hot potato" and some say original signature is needed other say it doesn't. It's going to be up to your Embassy and what they require. Have you asked in the sub - forum for your country/region as to what Brazil requires? Or sent off an email to your Embassy for clarification? Heck, the Philippines Embassy doesn't even take financials anymore. So buyer beware.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

3 hours ago, Jovanni said:

Hello everyone i got my case number from ncv one week ago with our MNL# i tracked it it says at nvc the gentlemen on the phone did say it was sent out to the embassy in manila but no movement yet but me and my fiance been working on the other stuff i believe the status should turn to ready ? The file could be sitting at USEM waiting to be checked in. At that time CEAC will change to ready.

completed ds-160 but not summited yet Can be submitted now. Don't for get to print off the confirmation page for the interview and medical.

she got her cenomar :thumbs:

Birth certificate :thumbs:

passport photos :thumbs:

has my affidavid of support with supporting documents :thumbs: BTW don't be surprised if they don't ask for these documents. Most times, and this started about 3 years ago USEM doesn't ask for them. But have them with you as do say "they may ask for them".

We both are working on continued relationship evidence now What's to work on? USEM only wants to see pictures. Print 12 pictures of the two of you with family and out together sight seeing or dinner. They won't need anything else. Are you going to attend the interview?

Awating to schedule interview and medical Because when she went to get her NBI clearance yesterday she got a “HIT” im not familiar what this is but after a bit of research i guess its common in Philippines she does not have a criminal record but they told her she will have to come back in two weeks because they have to do further investigation she does not have a common name but does have a long name anyone with the same experience getting NBI clearence or if its possible to expedite that ? Did you grease someone's palm? Just dont want anymore delays and she is bummed out she couldn’t get it i just told her you will be ok dont worry too much. Don't wait to schedule the interview and get the medical done and don't forget to get CFO out of the way while you are waiting. If something comes up that will delay you, you can reschedule the interview with no penalty. After two cancellations then there is a penalty.  See the information I have added below. Follow it and you'll have your visa in no time. A couple just finished and received their visa 22 days after they received their Case Number just by following the instructions that I am giving you. 

Once you receive your case number it's time to be in charge of what time you choose when things get down. To smooth that trail for your I have a few things that will help you process your visa there in the Philippines.

Start by visiting Hanks site where he has taken the time and research, and of course it helps if you spent 8 plus years helping folks in the Philippines sub-forum get their visas, where he has listed each step. With those steps he includes the what, when and why to completing the item. Many have used the website and have had little or NO problems securing a visa from USEM.

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Next you'll want to connect with those who are processing through the Philippines in the VJ Philippines sub-forum that way you will be with like minded ppl who are sharing their experiences and also asking and answering questions. Since most in this thread are processing through another country they would be hard pressed to explain what is needed for the Philippines.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

You'll find this on Hank's website but I will give it to you early and that is the Packet 3 Letter for USEM. It's found here:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/fiancee-visa/the-interview/

Here is the Packet 3 letter.

https://ph.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/82/2016/08/K1-and-K2-Applicant-Interview-Preparation-Instructions-08112016-English-336KB.pdf

There you have it. Everything you need to get your visa. Good luck and smooth sailing.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

Congrats @ITMFA!!! Were there more September appointments available?

It’s been a week since our petition was transferred from NVC to MTL.  No word of “ready” yet on site or emails to my fiancé.

Does MTL do everything electronic now or do they still mail out Packet 3’s?

I am so excited for you! Almost there!!!

The MTL is slow in sending the P3. So I have given you a copy so you can begin work on what is needed and plan your schedule.

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf

You may think about joining the sub-forum for MTL here on VJ where you can ask your questions to a larger audience which I  would probably help since those processing through other Embassy might not know what is required. Each Embassy has different procedures in getting through to the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

4 hours ago, Hello729 said:

Congratulations 🎉 

did you call the embassy to book your appointment?   How did you do it?

Each Embassy is different. I recommend that you review the information that I posted here earlier and go over to the sub forum for China here on VJ where there are experts there to help you. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

12 minutes ago, Lilyrose said:

@Greenbaum how long should I wait for the embassy to send me my P3? My embassy is in lebanon. My status has been ready since August 13. Thanks

U.S. Embassy will notify you when they receive your case from the NVC. They will verify information with you and mail Packet 3. My thought is soon. You can call the Embassy or send them a email. Go to this website for more information:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Lebanon&cty=Beirut

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Each Embassy is different. I recommend that you review the information that I posted here earlier and go over to the sub forum for China here on VJ where there are experts there to help you. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

Thank you!

Thank you so much, everyone!

DD5B56DF-4C70-4A4F-A074-C72EA2413B5E.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The MTL is slow in sending the P3. So I have given you a copy so you can begin work on what is needed and plan your schedule.

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf

You may think about joining the sub-forum for MTL here on VJ where you can ask your questions to a larger audience which I  would probably help since those processing through other Embassy might not know what is required. Each Embassy has different procedures in getting through to the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Thank you @Greenbaum!  I have all of the documents ready and set to go.  All we are waiting on is to get the official packet 3 instruction/checklist and then send it off ASAP and then get the P4.  

We noticed that MTL is slow with sending the P3 :( .

4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

That has been a "hot potato" and some say original signature is needed other say it doesn't. It's going to be up to your Embassy and what they require. Have you asked in the sub - forum for your country/region as to what Brazil requires? Or sent off an email to your Embassy for clarification? Heck, the Philippines Embassy doesn't even take financials anymore. So buyer beware.

thanks for your continued help really appreciate it 

question I left my fiancé my affidavit of support on aug 10 when I was visiting her I left it singed but did not date it is there a validity I want her to put a date on it when it gets closer to the interview or can I have her put the aug 10 2018 date on it thanks  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.