dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
19 hours ago, MartinyMi said:

We've been waiting for 8 weeks and 6+ days now for our nvc number. Ofcourse, it was sent to a supervisor after 8 weeks. As of today, all the rep can tell me is that they have 6 more weeks to give us the number after it gets sent to the supervisor.  So, 8 + 6 = 14 weeks of waiting for a case number. You may think this is atypical of NVC, but you will see from the non-pivot filers that it is not. Plan accordingly. NVC can be reached at 603 334 0700. Don't hesitate to contact them to get your questions answered.

So even if i make a call to NVC and ask for supervisor, it's not gonna be sooner? and also what is pivot case?

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Hopefor2018 said:

Hey everyone! A little update here: our paper/forms got approved !

(PIVOT case)

NOA2  - April 6th
NVC # - June 5th

Submitted - June 25th

Checklist - June 29th

Submitted again - July 2nd

Approved - July 10th

now we're waiting to get the date for the interview scheduled !!! How long did that take for some of you? When exactly does a case count as 'completed' at NVC?

Good luck and a lot of patience for everyone still waiting !!!!!

What is pivot case?

19 minutes ago, lordharambe said:

What is pivot case?

A pivot case is when you upload your documents electronically to CEAC rather than send them in the post. 

27 minutes ago, Hopefor2018 said:

Hey everyone! A little update here: our paper/forms got approved !

(PIVOT case)

NOA2  - April 6th
NVC # - June 5th

Submitted - June 25th

Checklist - June 29th

Submitted again - July 2nd

Approved - July 10th

now we're waiting to get the date for the interview scheduled !!! How long did that take for some of you? When exactly does a case count as 'completed' at NVC?

Good luck and a lot of patience for everyone still waiting !!!!!

Congratulations on the CC... when did the NVC receive your approved petition? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Not 100% sure but we got the email from USCIS that they sent it over on April 19th. On the phone with NVC we got different responses to when they actually received it. 

Is a CC when they approved everything before they schedule an appointment for the interview?

1 minute ago, Hopefor2018 said:

Not 100% sure but we got the email from USCIS that they sent it over on April 19th. On the phone with NVC we got different responses to when they actually received it. 

Is a CC when they approved everything before they schedule an appointment for the interview?

Yeah CC is "case complete"

5 minutes ago, Hopefor2018 said:

Also, did you keep ringing the NVC to chase for case numbers etc. ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Tristan1978 said:

Also, did you keep ringing the NVC to chase for case numbers etc. ? 

yes, my husband (who lives in the US) did. At first once a week and then in the end more frequently . Keep calling  so you won't miss anything! We also got a piece of new information about the process a lot of times. I think it's worth the stress/time you're waiting on hold....

19 minutes ago, Hopefor2018 said:

yes, my husband (who lives in the US) did. At first once a week and then in the end more frequently . Keep calling  so you won't miss anything! We also got a piece of new information about the process a lot of times. I think it's worth the stress/time you're waiting on hold....

Thanks for the info :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, DGTravel said:

Got our welcome letter yesterday and paid AOS fee today.  Just wondering as we do not see DS-261 to be available yet but from what I see from others, they fill up DS-261 first before paying AOS.

Also, would you know how long til case complete for a "smooth" NVC process? Thanks!

3weeks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
1 minute ago, deema-alawwad said:

let me know when u get cc .. the scan date usually starting when we send the doc to nvc in the same day ?  thanks a lot :)

I will definitely report back! For us it took a few days until they were scanned in - they arrived the 29th and got scanned in on the 2nd.

Hoping for fast CCs for us both!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, lordharambe said:

So even if i make a call to NVC and ask for supervisor, it's not gonna be sooner? and also what is pivot case?

Correct. Our case was there 8 weeks 6 days, got sent to a supervisor at 8 weeks, 1 day. They won't escalate before the 8 week, 1 day mark. 

Pivot = CEAC processing (online)

Nonpivot = mail in hard copies of documents.

I pray for you your country is a politically correct pivot country so that you receive your case number sooner, but, if not, the wait for the number plus the interview is long. Plan accordingly. 

We thought once the USCIS wait was over, it would only be a few more months. Not. 9 weeks to NVC numbers, and now you know the rest. Our consulate is booked 3 and 4 months in advance for interviews this forum says. By the end of this journey, our USCIS wait will be our shortest (5 months).

Speedy journey to your family!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.