dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Julia&Gabriel said:

we resubmitted our documents on June 23 and today finally we received CC!

Congratssss....  :jest:

6 hours ago, Pamela.J said:

Hey Guys!

I am going nuts. We received our welcome letter. Thank Goddddddd!
Our case is a pivot and it took just 3 weeks and 1 day. I can barely breathe hahahaha.

I am already logging into the website, but I am not being able to do the "choice of agent". Instead, the two fees are appearing for me to pay. Do I need to pay these fees first then do the choice of agent? I am confused. Please, help me out :D 

Congrats...:) one step forward in waiting ;)

13 hours ago, Abies said:

She's pivot

So does this mean that cause London is now Pivot there's a chance I could get to pay my fees earlier than 8 weeks? 

Hey guys! 

Guess I will be joining this thread now that my approval has come through (July 2nd) we have already received noa2 confirmation in the post. However, myself and my husband are currently in Asia for the next six weeks backpacking. Now that we have been approved, should be fly back home? Or will it be a while until we hear the next few things? I know that we have to now wait for an NVC case number is that correct? If so how long does that take (I have read up to ten weeks?) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, proudtobabritgirl said:

Hey guys! 

Guess I will be joining this thread now that my approval has come through (July 2nd) we have already received noa2 confirmation in the post. However, myself and my husband are currently in Asia for the next six weeks backpacking. Now that we have been approved, should be fly back home? Or will it be a while until we hear the next few things? I know that we have to now wait for an NVC case number is that correct? If so how long does that take (I have read up to ten weeks?) 

Congrats on ur noa2 

If ur case is nonpivot,it takes 8weeks or more to get a case number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
23 minutes ago, proudtobabritgirl said:

Hey guys! 

Depends on how much of a rush you are in. Six weeks is nothing in non-pivot cases. For pivot you’re submitting things online anyway so if you already have your documents on the cloud maybe you could do it from where are you are. I would enjoy my vacation. No point cutting it short assuming you don’t have some other urgency.

1 hour ago, Tristan1978 said:

So does this mean that cause London is now Pivot there's a chance I could get to pay my fees earlier than 8 weeks? 

Yes it’s possible.

CR-1 Nebraska Service Center U.S. Embassy Madrid

Event

Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Madrid, Spain
Marriage (if applicable):  
I-130 Sent : 2018-04-11
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-04-23
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2018-06-20
NVC Received : 2018-06-27

36 minutes ago, proudtobabritgirl said:

Hey guys! 

Congratulations!  FYI: I have been told that London is pivot which can mean a quicker NVC process. 

I’m a non pivot case, NOA 2 06/18/18 and notification from USCIS about petition being sent to NVC 06/26/18. 

Got a long wait ahead!

Edited by TheHills

AOS with CR-1 Approved September 2014

Husband immigrated to New Zealand with me November 2016

Petition for IR-1 February 2018

02/02/18 Sent to Chicago lockbox from Auckland NZ

09/07/18 Arrived in the USA

12/19 Divorced

06/23 Naturalization window opens

06/12/23 N400 filed online

06/16/23 Status changed to Biometrics scheduled

07/07/23 Biometrics appointment

07/07/23 Status changed to Case is being actively reviewed

08/08/23 Status changed to Interview is scheduled

09/13/23 Interview - Approved

09/13/23 Status changed to Oath to be scheduled

09/14/23 Status changed to Oath scheduled

09/28/23 Oath appointment! I'm a US Citizen!

10/02/23 US Passport applied for with routine service and expedited shipping

11/08/23 US Passport received

11/11/23 Status changed to “Supporting documents mailed”

1 minute ago, TheHills said:

I’m a non pivot case, NOA 2 06/18/18 and notification from USCIS about petition being sent to NVC 06/27/18. 

Got a long wait ahead!

How did you receive the notification, via email? 

1 minute ago, Tristan1978 said:

How did you receive the notification, via email? 

Yes I did. I got an email notifying me of an update in my case on the new USCIS website and then checked it and it showed that my case had been forwarded to NVC.

AOS with CR-1 Approved September 2014

Husband immigrated to New Zealand with me November 2016

Petition for IR-1 February 2018

02/02/18 Sent to Chicago lockbox from Auckland NZ

09/07/18 Arrived in the USA

12/19 Divorced

06/23 Naturalization window opens

06/12/23 N400 filed online

06/16/23 Status changed to Biometrics scheduled

07/07/23 Biometrics appointment

07/07/23 Status changed to Case is being actively reviewed

08/08/23 Status changed to Interview is scheduled

09/13/23 Interview - Approved

09/13/23 Status changed to Oath to be scheduled

09/14/23 Status changed to Oath scheduled

09/28/23 Oath appointment! I'm a US Citizen!

10/02/23 US Passport applied for with routine service and expedited shipping

11/08/23 US Passport received

11/11/23 Status changed to “Supporting documents mailed”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Themmi said:

Congrats on ur noa2 

If ur case is nonpivot,it takes 8weeks or more to get a case number.

Please when was your scan date and how many days did your IV fee take before it showed PAID?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 7/3/2018 at 3:35 AM, ChrisJay11 said:

Hey @girlonfire! Embassy Madrid emailed me back confirming that for a CR-1/IR-1, you only need police certificates after twelve months of residence in a country if it’s not your country of residence or your country of nationality. Did you hear the same from Dublin? I think the requirement may be different for K-1 visas from what I’ve been reading in other fora. Anyways, my mind is arbitrary ease not having to get more PCCs than what I have already.

I couldn't find a good contact email for Dublin Embassy but I'm here in Ireland visiting my husband so I will give them a call and ask. That's great news though!!! I'm hoping it's the same deal for Dublin :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello everyone!
NVC received our approved application I130 on June 18th, which makes today our third week of waiting for the case's number and the invoice number to begin the next step.
We are not a pivot country. And we understand if your country is non-pivot you have to wait more than eight (8) to have these numbers.
My question is there non-pivot some people here who received their numbers before this deadline?
What is the average wait to have these numbers when the country is not a pivot country?
Thank you already for your reply.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.