dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Munak said:

Nvc has my old email address the only email they have is my attorney how can I update with that information or ill have to wait until case number is assign my last question does the attorney gets email from nvc or all provide email in petition application?

We did not use an attorney. NVC sent the information to the 2 emails addresses we provided at USCIS .

Don't hesitate to call them if possible. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Abies said:

Ok good.

What stage are you both now?has your aos fee opened for payment yet?

We paid AOS fees yesterday. The choice of agent was reviewed via the phone. The IV fee is visible but we can't have access yet.

We collected already the document for the package. I wish we will send it between Friday and Tuesday. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 minutes ago, IF-Mclean said:

We paid AOS fees yesterday. The choice of agent was reviewed via the phone. The IV fee is visible but we can't have access yet.

We collected already the document for the package. I wish we will send it between Friday and Tuesday. 

Ok good. You should get the other invoice for iv fee via email tomorrow. 

We have paid both fees but still in process,now waiting for our payment status to show PAID so we can fill out ds260.

Hopefully my husband will send out our aos/iv package on Saturday. 

Edited by Abies

41 minutes ago, Tristan1978 said:

I Googled it but very little info available, looking at old posts on VJ London is a non pivot country. 

London recently switched the Pivot (less than 3 months ago). At the beginning of this year London was not Pivot. They are also very heavily backlogged (my guess is because they just switched London embassy to a different location and switching to Pivot).

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Abies said:

Ok good. You should get the other invoice for iv fee via email later today. 

We have paid both fees but still in process,now waiting for our payment status to show PAID so we can fill out ds260.

Hopefully my husband will send out our aos/iv package on Saturday. 

I'm lucky we had the same date. It's really helpful. I hope we can send the same day  (fingers crossed).

When the choice of agent is reviewed do you see " Completed " ? When we called yesterday the lady on the phone said first she didn't see it in the system and asked to wait few days. Right after that she asked us to provide the name of the agent and she put it directly in the system. 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, DaisyMae said:

Hello everyone! My mom's petition is CC today. Sent package 06/19. Hope the rest of you get your CC soon too ☺️

Hi! Were you the agent of your moms case? Who did sign the ds 260 form? Congrats for your mom's cc

Timeline
Just now, Rokarmy1023 said:

Hi! Were you the agent of your moms case? Who did sign the ds 260 form? Congrats for your mom's cc

Hello, thank you! Yes, i put myself as her agent. I signed it using her passport number. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, DaisyMae said:

Hello, thank you! Yes, i put myself as her agent. I signed it using her passport number. 

Ok but adar24 said the benificiary should responsible to sign for ds260. Im the beneficiary actually ir5

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, IF-Mclean said:

I'm lucky we had the same date. It's really helpful. I hope we can send the same day  (fingers crossed).

When the choice of agent is reviewed do you see " Completed " ? When we called yesterday the lady on the phone said first she didn't see it in the system and asked to wait few days. Right after that she asked us to provide the name of the agent and she put it directly in the system. 

Yea.. it's showing Completed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks everyone! It's really helpful to see everyone else's experiences with this. Does anyone have any advice on my question about the joint sponsor for the I-864?

Also, I've been working on getting everything from our joint sponsor for the I-864 form and have a question. She makes above the federal poverty guidelines now but didn't for the past three tax years that I had to include on the form. Is this going to cause a problem, or do they just rely on the salary for the current year?

Thank you!

11 minutes ago, jj0109 said:

Thanks everyone! It's really helpful to see everyone else's experiences with this. Does anyone have any advice on my question about the joint sponsor for the I-864?

Also, I've been working on getting everything from our joint sponsor for the I-864 form and have a question. She makes above the federal poverty guidelines now but didn't for the past three tax years that I had to include on the form. Is this going to cause a problem, or do they just rely on the salary for the current year?

Thank you!

Yes, it is important.. he/she must have above poverty guideline income for last 3 years. Or atleast 2 years

15 minutes ago, jj0109 said:

Thank you!

I would recomment take your time and find some other joint sponser as it is really important step. We took almost 10,11 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Munak said:

Lol that's way too long can i start calling at four weeks why would we have to wait they different since our spouse are immediate relatives no visa number is limit im crying already 

I am a USC petitioning for Mexi spouse. I have waited the full 8 weeks already and still no numbers. I call NVC twice or more daily. Your petitioner status seems to not make any difference to them. Plan on the worst because that is what the trend has been. If your embassy isn't busy, you will get undoubtedly your numbers sooner. 

12 minutes ago, MartinyMi said:

I am a USC petitioning for Mexi spouse. I have waited the full 8 weeks already and still no numbers. I call NVC twice or more daily. Your petitioner status seems to not make any difference to them. Plan on the worst because that is what the trend has been. If your embassy isn't busy, you will get undoubtedly your numbers sooner. 

Thats sucks their playing with our lives we waited enough at uscis you need to call weekly once or twice after the fourth week I'm going to call twice a day

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.