dwheels76

NVC Filers - July 2018

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

We have received our welcome letter.

Now I want to make sure I understand well.

About the collected documents to submit, do  we only send copies and keep original of everything? Or some documents like I-864EZ have to be sent in original version?

@Abies

Edited by IF-Mclean

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, IF-Mclean said:

We have received our welcome letter.

Now I want to make sure I understand well.

About the collected documents to submit, do  we only send copies and keep original of everything? Or some documents like I-864EZ have to be sent in original version?

Submit copies to nvc while the beneficiary comes to the embassy with the originals. 

Original form 1864 should be sent to nvc and a copy/original to the interview 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Abies said:

Submit copies to nvc while the beneficiary comes to the embassy with the originals. 

Thank you a lot for your generosity🤗

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Received an e-mail today with our Case # and Invoice ID! Only took 3 weeks! On our 9 year wedding anniversary! What great news!

case was received at NCV June 11th. 

Hope this gives hope for all those waiting! 

Noa1: dec 1 2017

noa2: May 22, 2018

NVC Rec’d: June 11, 2018

Case #/IID assigned July 3, 2018

34 minutes ago, Abies said:

Was about calling NVC to unlock our iv fee when we both got the invoice for iv fee via email.

Today again i got iv fee invoice. Once yesterday. But i already paid. I guess its just mistakes.

Timeline

I have two questions : 

- can we send the AOS and IV packages whenever we want after getting the welcome letter  or have we to follow the 6 steps in order ?

- For a CR1 do we need to include a proof of status ( copy of US passport or petitioner birth certificate) ?

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Abies said:

confirmed with nvc.. no more original i-864 needed at the time of interview. but only copy

it is a pivot or non-pivot case?

5 hours ago, Sweetamooni said:

Received an e-mail today with our Case # and Invoice ID! Only took 3 weeks! On our 9 year wedding anniversary! What great news!

case was received at NCV June 11th. 

Hope this gives hope for all those waiting! 

Noa1: dec 1 2017

noa2: May 22, 2018

NVC Rec’d: June 11, 2018

Case #/IID assigned July 3, 2018

it is a pivot or non-pivot case?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site, but I've been reading all of the comments. I am petitioning for my wife who is in Colombia at the moment. Our case was received by the NVC on June 1st, and we are still waiting on the case and invoice numbers. I noticed there are a few others in Colombia, so let me know where you're at in the process. I'm really hoping we get our case number soon, because I will be going to Colombia to visit my wife on July 17 and was really hoping to submit our paper work before I go. Is Colombia pivot or non? From what I've been reading it's non, so I will be mailing all of the documents. Any idea on approximately how long it would take DHL to mail our docs to the US from Colombia?

Also, I've been working on getting everything from our joint sponsor for the I-864 form and have a question. She makes above the federal poverty guidelines now but didn't for the past three tax years that I had to include on the form. Is this going to cause a problem, or do they just rely on the salary for the current year?

Also, what can I expect when sending my docs to the NVC? Will they send instructions on how to put everything in order and submit it or is that kind of up to me like I did for the I-130? Any advice on the process or timing of events would be much appreciated. My wife and I are so anxious to finally be together. Thanks in advance!

Timeline
5 hours ago, IF-Mclean said:

I have two questions : 

- can we send the AOS and IV packages whenever we want after getting the welcome letter  or have we to follow the 6 steps in order ?

- For a CR1 do we need to include a proof of status ( copy of US passport or petitioner birth certificate) ?

Thanks

Submission for your package has no restricted time but to be on the faster side you can submit after paying your IV fee but it will not be scanned into the system/reviewed until ds260 has been completed online.

Proof of Status is your US birth certificate OR your Naturalization certificate.

Edited by Abies

Timeline
1 hour ago, jj0109 said:

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the site, but I've been reading all of the comments. I am petitioning for my wife who is in Colombia at the moment. Our case was received by the NVC on June 1st, and we are still waiting on the case and invoice numbers. I noticed there are a few others in Colombia, so let me know where you're at in the process. I'm really hoping we get our case number soon, because I will be going to Colombia to visit my wife on July 17 and was really hoping to submit our paper work before I go. Is Colombia pivot or non? From what I've been reading it's non, so I will be mailing all of the documents. Any idea on approximately how long it would take DHL to mail our docs to the US from Colombia?

Also, I've been working on getting everything from our joint sponsor for the I-864 form and have a question. She makes above the federal poverty guidelines now but didn't for the past three tax years that I had to include on the form. Is this going to cause a problem, or do they just rely on the salary for the current year?

Also, what can I expect when sending my docs to the NVC? Will they send instructions on how to put everything in order and submit it or is that kind of up to me like I did for the I-130? Any advice on the process or timing of events would be much appreciated. My wife and I are so anxious to finally be together. Thanks in advance!

Nvc is much more easier,the welcome letter will guide you.

You are going to wait 9-10weeks to get your welcome letter since Colombia is non pivot but you should start calling NVC in the 7th week

Edited by Abies

Timeline
3 hours ago, Love_HZ said:

confirmed with nvc.. no more original i-864 needed at the time of interview. but only copy

Whichever is fine but I will be going for my interview with an original copy.

I don't want to take chances,I have waited so long

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.