Visitor User

Birth Certificate - RFIE - Will this Affidavit be accepted by USCIS? (merged)

61 posts in this topic

KMC birth certificate, or Union Council Certificate, either are supposed to work.  I don't understand why you are making a NADRA certificate.  Travel state gov website even says that Union Council or KMC certificate should be sufficient.

Edited by pm5k

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, pm5k said:

KMC birth certificate, or Union Council Certificate, either are supposed to work.  I don't understand why you are making a NADRA certificate.  Travel state gov website even says that Union Council or KMC certificate should be sufficient.

NADRA approved my renewal of Smart NICOP with correct DOB. 

Mamoo will show me scan of my NADRA BC/UC on Wednesday than mail it. 

I only have KMC BC but it says ‘Extract’ which is not acceptable neither is Consulate issued BC according to Travel site. 

19 minutes ago, Visitor User said:

NADRA approved my renewal of Smart NICOP with correct DOB. 

Mamoo will show me scan of my NADRA BC/UC on Wednesday than mail it. 

I only have KMC BC but it says ‘Extract’ which is not acceptable neither is Consulate issued BC according to Travel site. 

From https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Birth Certificates

Available

Fees: The fees vary by location.

Document Name: Birth certificate, Child Registration Certificate

Issuing Authority: Union Council, Municipal Corporation, CDA or family registration certificates (FRC) from NADRA are acceptable. In larger cities, such as Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi etc. municipal corporation issued birth certificates prior to 2001 are acceptable. Pakistanis may present a family registration certificate (FRC) issued by the NADRA.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: This varies by location.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: There is no issuing authority personnel title

Registration Criteria: Births are to be registered with the Union Council within two months.

Procedure for Obtaining: Applicants go to the Union Council, fill out a form, and provide identification. The process for late registration is more complex, requiring two affidavits to the concerning authority. The concerning authority then issues a letter to the Union Council authorizing the late entry. Once this process has been completed, the applicants can go to the Union Council to register.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are available

Alternate Documents: In lieu of a birth certificate, Pakistanis often use Child Registration Certificates or Family Registration Certificates (FRC) listing all family members & showing their relationship.

Exceptions: None

Comments: Records of birth are inconsistent because most people only request one when required for a specific reason. Birth certificates can be in either English or Urdu with English translation.

Based on the above, the KMC one (that ALWAYS says "extract") should be acceptable.  You should consult an attorney and explain that this is the format.  

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Timeline
3 hours ago, pm5k said:

From https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

Birth Certificates

Available

Fees: The fees vary by location.

Document Name: Birth certificate, Child Registration Certificate

Issuing Authority: Union Council, Municipal Corporation, CDA or family registration certificates (FRC) from NADRA are acceptable. In larger cities, such as Rawalpindi, Lahore, Karachi etc. municipal corporation issued birth certificates prior to 2001 are acceptable. Pakistanis may present a family registration certificate (FRC) issued by the NADRA.

Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: This varies by location.

Issuing Authority Personnel Title: There is no issuing authority personnel title

Registration Criteria: Births are to be registered with the Union Council within two months.

Procedure for Obtaining: Applicants go to the Union Council, fill out a form, and provide identification. The process for late registration is more complex, requiring two affidavits to the concerning authority. The concerning authority then issues a letter to the Union Council authorizing the late entry. Once this process has been completed, the applicants can go to the Union Council to register.

Certified Copies Available: Certified copies are available

Alternate Documents: In lieu of a birth certificate, Pakistanis often use Child Registration Certificates or Family Registration Certificates (FRC) listing all family members & showing their relationship.

Exceptions: None

Comments: Records of birth are inconsistent because most people only request one when required for a specific reason. Birth certificates can be in either English or Urdu with English translation.

Based on the above, the KMC one (that ALWAYS says "extract") should be acceptable.  You should consult an attorney and explain that this is the format.  

I will have to ask my lawyer. Maybe he did not submit or maybe he did and Officer overlooked it.

It says 'Municipal Corporation'. KMC is Metropolitan Corporation. I guess USCIS knows that we are now able to obtain NADRA UC BC and they want to see strong proof.

Also, on my NOA. The year was completely wrong and I think it may have been an error on data entry so I did do a service request to correct the year of my birth.

Perhaps, all this caused a confusion to them?

Edited by Visitor User

Timeline

NADRA does not issue them but Union Council does based on NADRA and the paper will have silver lining for authenticity.

I used Mamoo In Pakistan services. There were few others to choose from. MIP has great reputation as they are a big company. It was $250 USD. 

I was able to get the scan  yesterday of my BC. I had forgot to submit my Grand Father’s CNIC Card to MIP. Therefore, the CNIC is blank on my BC. Would that be an issue with USCIS? I submitted my GF card to them so they are working on a new BC now. 

Hi,My visa petition has been approved by UCSIS Now NVC has emailed my husband  Who lives in USA, to send further documents.The problem i'm facing right now is ,I didn't have original birth certificate nor any photocopy so i got the duplicate copy from the hospital where i was born,which was sent to UCSIS with application n they somehow accepted it .I also got my birth certificate registered with Nadra with a " late entry".I have been reading many horror stories here births registered late ,have always the potential to raise red flag.what other supporting documents should i have with me at the time of interview? Secondly a agent took 5k fee to get it registered from nadra.He just asked for my mother,brother & my CNIC-- not any other document .Wouldn't it create any problem i mean some one was telling that embassy sends concerned persons to your Union council for verification  just because it was registered late like i was born in 1983 n got it registered last year.What should i do now.Really need help .

Edited by Zelixx

Timeline
10 hours ago, Zelixx said:

Hi,My visa petition has been approved by UCSIS Now NVC has emailed my husband  Who lives in USA, to send further documents.The problem i'm facing right now is ,I didn't have original birth certificate nor any photocopy so i got the duplicate copy from the hospital where i was born,which was sent to UCSIS with application n they somehow accepted it .I also got my birth certificate registered with Nadra with a " late entry".I have been reading many horror stories here births registered late ,have always the potential to raise red flag.what other supporting documents should i have with me at the time of interview? Secondly a agent took 5k fee to get it registered from nadra.He just asked for my mother,brother & my CNIC-- not any other document .Wouldn't it create any problem i mean some one was telling that embassy sends concerned persons to your Union council for verification  just because it was registered late like i was born in 1983 n got it registered last year.What should i do now.Really need help .

Are you in Pakistan? If so, go to any Union Council and they will issue you one that is on NADRA paper. 

Late Entry may require 2 Affidavit Notarized. Parents preferred. It can be other blood relatives. 

School leaving Certificate as secondary evidence if you have it. 

5K PKR? 

Agent from where? 

Consulate also gives BC. That’s most likely secondary evidence. You should be OK. 

1 minute ago, Visitor User said:

Are you in Pakistan? If so, go to any Union Council and they will issue you one that is on NADRA paper. 

Late Entry may require 2 Affidavit Notarized. Parents preferred. It can be other blood relatives. 

School leaving Certificate as secondary evidence if you have it. 

5K PKR? 

Agent from where? 

Consulate also gives BC. That’s most likely secondary evidence. You should be OK. 

Yes,I'm from pakistan & waiting for the interview .My question was late entry has been marked on my Nadra birth certificate .I have heard it's problematic. Embassy requires more supporting documents at the time if interview ?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zelixx said:

Yes,I'm from pakistan & waiting for the interview .My question was late entry has been marked on my Nadra birth certificate .I have heard it's problematic. Embassy requires more supporting documents at the time if interview ?

You just need 2 Affidavits Notarized and you will be fine. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zelixx said:

Affidavits  should be in URDU or ENGLISH?

English. There are many samples online.

You can go to the Embassy/Consulate and request a BC as well for extra evidence.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.