Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'brother'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Family & Marriage Based US Visa Immigration Discussion
    • K-1 Fiance(e) Visa Process & Procedures
    • IR-1 / CR-1 Spouse Visa Process & Procedures
    • Direct Consular Filing (DCF) General Discussion
    • Bringing Family Members of US Citizens to America
    • Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America
    • What Visa Do I Need - Family Based Immigration
  • Non-Family Based US Visa Discussion
    • Tourist Visas
    • Work Visas
    • Student & Exchange Visitor Visas
    • Diversity Lottery Visas
    • Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
  • Consulate & USCIS Service Center Discussion
    • National Visa Center (Dept of State)
    • US Embassy and Consulate Discussion
    • Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)
    • USCIS Service Centers
  • US Visa Holder and Permanent Resident Immigration Discussion
    • Adjustment of Status (Green Card) from K1 and K3 Family Based Visas
    • Adjustment of Status from Work, Student, & Tourist Visas
    • Working & Traveling During US Immigration
    • Tax & Finances During US Immigration
    • Removing Conditions on Residency General Discussion
    • US Citizenship General Discussion
    • Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits
    • Military Immigration-Related Discussion
    • General Immigration-Related Discussion
  • General Discussion Area
    • Off Topic
    • Games While You Wait
    • Regional Discussion
    • Moving to the US and Your New Life In America
    • Finding Work in America
    • Emigrating Outside the US
    • Current Events and Hot Social Topics
    • Introducing our Members
    • General Polls
    • US Immigration News and Discussion
    • Site-Related Discussion - Updates, Ideas, etc.
  • Moderator and Organizer Forums (Hidden)

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



miles from

Is online?

Has photo?

Content Count

Between and

Last Visit

Between and



Immigration Status

Place benefits filed at

Local Office


Our Story

Found 4 results

  1. I tried to research this topic, but it seems hard to get to a definitive answer. I'm a recently naturalized US citizen, and I have a younger brother who's 19 years old. I want to apply for permanent residency for both my mother and my brother. I understand that applying for a sibling could take north of 10 years in some cases. Would I not be better off just applying for my mother, hope she gets it withing the next two years (i.e., before my brother turns 21) and have her apply for by brother (i.e., her son)?
  2. RFIE on I-485 Supplement A: Submit an English translation with the applicant's foreign birth certificate issued by the appropriate civil authority. If the document is in a language other than English, you must submit a copy of the foreign language document and an English translation. If the birth certificate is not available, you must submit acceptable secondary evidence AND a letter from the government or other authority. Examples of acceptable secondary evidence may include, but is not limited to; church or school records, listing your parents' names and your date of birth; hospital records of your birth; or other official records indicating a country and record of birth. Title 8 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 103.2(b)(2xii) states: "'Where a record does not exist, the applicant or petitioner must submit an original written statement on government letterhead establishing this from the relevant government or other authority. The statement must indicate the reason the record does not exist, and indicate whether similar records for the time and place are available." It must contain one of the following: o A legible seal o A legible stamp o A signature with a title containing the words: secretary, registrar or births and deaths Information on acceptable birth records for people born outside the United States can be found at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/enL,/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html. My lawyer sent the Birth Certificate in English from Place of birth: Karachi, Pakistan. I spoke to my attorney and he said that was the 'extract' from Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC). I reside in USA. No RFIE/RFE was asked when I-130 was approved though. Can anyone advice on how I can obtain my Birth Certificate? Is it from a Consulate/Embassy in USA? NADRA? I see couple websites offering BC service.
  3. Hi everyone I am American citizens born in egypt I am 50 years old during last 23 years living in United States I lost my family members but still have one brother and he's 45 years old and i want to see if any way i can bring him to usa legal Thank you all
  4. Hello Everyone, In 2005 I submitted a I-130 application for my youngest siblings (brother and sister). At the time I submitted the applications they were single but now they're both married with children. Both applications were approved in 2005 and are now waiting for a Visa to be available. Is the fact that they are now married with children be a problem to get their visas, or will they get a visa along with their spouses and children? Thanks in advance.