sunshinelove

How often do you hear of the GC getting received before EAD/AP?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

We sent in my wife's AOS packet Jan 19, 2018 and had our interview yesterday, 06/06/18, and it was approved!! :D We just have to wait for it to come in the mail but we're ecstatic. We didn't even get her AP/EAD yet and the current processing times are for end of June/early July. How often does this happen that a GC is received before the EAD/AP? We feel extremely blessed right now. Since she got approved, does this mean she won't get an EAD/AP card since she'll have her GC already or will she have it come in the mail in (maybe) about a month? It's my understanding that once she gets her GC she can work right away. Is this correct or do we still have to wait for the EAD card to come in?

unitedstates.gift4518.gifbelgium-flag.gif

Met Online March 3, 2016

Became a couple April 2, 2016

First trip to Belgium: June 28 - August 11, 2016

Second trip to Belgium: December 15, 2016 - March 11, 2017

K1

Sent in I-129F September 14, 2016

Visa received in hand April 6, 2017

I-129F to K1 in hand: 204 days (6 months 23 days)

Arrived into the US May 10, 2017

Married June 2, 2017!!

AOS

Sent AOS packet January 19, 2018

Greencard received in mail June 14, 2018

AOS to Greencard in hand: 146 days (4 months 26 days)  

It happens but it's not that common. I can't give an estimate as to how often this happens. The EAD adjudicators (they're different people from the IO who interviews you) can see how far along the case is. If they see an interview and approved GC have taken place, they cancel the EAD. It's useless if a GC has been approved.

16 minutes ago, sunshinelove said:

We sent in my wife's AOS packet Jan 19, 2018 and had our interview yesterday, 06/06/18, and it was approved!! :D We just have to wait for it to come in the mail but we're ecstatic. We didn't even get her AP/EAD yet and the current processing times are for end of June/early July. How often does this happen that a GC is received before the EAD/AP? We feel extremely blessed right now. Since she got approved, does this mean she won't get an EAD/AP card since she'll have her GC already or will she have it come in the mail in (maybe) about a month? It's my understanding that once she gets her GC she can work right away. Is this correct or do we still have to wait for the EAD card to come in?

Lately it has been happening more frequently than it used to so don't worry. Once you get the GC then you do not have to worry about the EAD/AP at all because the GC trumps those. Yes, She will be able to work right away with the GC.

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Timeline

Awesome. Thank you so much. I thought this was the case but for my sanity, I had to double check :)

Met Online March 3, 2016

K1

Married June 2, 2017!!

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats Sunshinelove! I'm always so happy to hear good news from VJ-ers! I've been reading more and more cases where the GC comes before the EAD, which is pretty awesome compared to waiting some 9months for the GC. Hoping to be that lucky! Lol! And as said above, no need to wait on EAD once GC is in hand. Congrats again 💃💃💃🙌🙌

Timeline
5 hours ago, Diorella said:

congrats sunshine love on your approved green card. may i asked how long it takes before you recieved your schedule for interview in the mail? 

I'll give you our timeline :)

01-19-18 Filed

01-22-18 Case received

01-26-18 Check Cashed

01-29-18 Received NOA in mail (NOA date of 01-22-18 though)

02-10-18 Received Bio appointment in mail

02-23-18 Biometrics appointment

05-07-18 Received interview appointment letter in mail

06-06-18 Interview (Approved on the spot :D

We're just waiting for her GC to come in the mail :D

Met Online March 3, 2016

K1

Married June 2, 2017!!

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.