Amelmahbub07

Need Experts advice

12 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hi everyone im seeking some advice please 

i got married in the UK in 15 August 2016. My wife came from USA to visit her brother that time and our family arranged our marriage. We couldn’t register our marriage in UK because of immigration issue.We got married according to our islamic retual way. After month of our marriage me and my wife come to Bangladesh in September 2016. Then we officially register our marriage here in 5th October 2016. And I already mentioned it in my ds 260 the place and marriage date in Bangladesh. Ok now my question is during my interview if Visa officer asks me when or where i did get married what should I answer? Should i tell that i had islamic marriage ceremony in UK then we register our marriage here in Bangladesh? Is it ok if i tell this?cause If i don’t mention anything about UK but when they will see my wedding album and some other pic taken in UK, undoubtedly they will understand that this marriage didn’t happen in Bangladesh. Please guys help me out

thank you 

Edited by Amelmahbub07

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I would tell the truth. Truth is always your best friend. Explain what happened and why. Since you have officially registered the marriage in Bangladesh, you don't have to worry about having a not-valid-enough marriage for a K3. 

Best wishes!

40 minutes ago, Amelmahbub07 said:

Hi everyone im seeking some advice please 

i got married in the UK in 15 August 2016. My wife came from USA to visit her brother that time and our family arranged our marriage. We couldn’t register our marriage in UK because of immigration issue.We got married according to our islamic retual way. After month of our marriage me and my wife come to Bangladesh in September 2016. Then we officially register our marriage here in 5th October 2016. And I already mentioned it in my ds 260 the place and marriage date in Bangladesh. Ok now my question is during my interview if Visa officer asks me when or where i did get married what should I answer? Should i tell that i had islamic marriage ceremony in UK then we register our marriage here in Bangladesh? Is it ok if i tell this?cause If i don’t mention anything about UK but when they will see my wedding album and some other pic taken in UK, undoubtedly they will understand that this marriage didn’t happen in Bangladesh. Please guys help me out

thank you 

Just tell them the truth and you will be fine. Do not ever lie or try to hide the facts because it could result in a misrepresentation ban.

Just be honest. They will go by the legal marriage, but this isn't a situation where I think it would be an issue with a reasonable explanation.

33 minutes ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

you don't have to worry about having a not-valid-enough marriage for a K3.

OP appears to be in the F2A (FB-2A visa) category - spouse of an LPR. K-3 is a spouse of a USC.

That said, K-3 is effectively dead. It would be a CR-1 or IR-1 for a spouse of a USC.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Just be honest. They will go by the legal marriage, but this isn't a situation where I think it would be an issue with a reasonable explanation.

I agree. Also, OP, it's unclear what you are even worried about. Many people have a religious marriage/wedding and then a legal one. Can't see anything here that would even be cause for concern. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, TexasHeartsIndia said:

I would tell the truth. Truth is always your best friend. Explain what happened and why. Since you have officially registered the marriage in Bangladesh, you don't have to worry about having a not-valid-enough marriage for a K3. 

Best wishes!

THank you it’s really helpful 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Mina90 said:

Don't worry, it shouldn't be an issue. My husband and I had a religious wedding and and another big wedding in BD where we had our official marriage registered in BD. Just stay honest and it should be fine. Good luck!

We did our wedding ceremony and honeymoon in UK. In BD we didn’t do anything just we register our marriage( Kaji came our house with marriage registry book he filled the form with some name and information given to him and then we sign). Thats it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.