GaRaS

I-751 June 2018 Filers

1,757 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline
9 minutes ago, patsfan038 said:

Potomac transfer seems to be a snooze fest. It's almost 3 months since the transfer and no news yet.

I was just thinking the same. Day 75 for me Nothing!  I used to see people to hear something back 30 to 60 days after transfer

It's just frustrating at this point. 

48 minutes ago, Beddy2015 said:

I was just thinking the same. Day 75 for me Nothing!  I used to see people to hear something back 30 to 60 days after transfer

48 minutes ago, Beddy2015 said:

It sure is. I applied for the N400 and had my biometrics 2 weeks ago. There was no sense in waiting for the ROC to be approved. This way, they could do a combo interview. Anything to speed up the process.

51 minutes ago, Beddy2015 said:

Same, May10th transfer too. When my case went to Vermont, it was going at a good speed; 9 months. Then that slowed down to 13 months. Potomac was delivering within 60 days of a transfer, I get transferred and they slowed down. I know it's not personal, but jeeze it's really frustrating. Traveling causes more anxiety, my employer is uncertain about the extension letter (though, understanding fortunately), and frankly I just want to be able to get on with my life, settle down and stop dealing with this never ending sensation of being transient.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Im still waiting, my status  is the same since

"July 31, 2018

Fingerprint Review Was Completed" n the new site. N the old one "case was transferred" (to Potomac).  :(

.. At this point I am considering apply for n-400 .. At least let's move something else. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I just feel anxious due to not having a valid GC ,i know i have the paper,  I just  don't feel safe. 😞

Edited by PilsenCanela

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

25 minutes ago, PilsenCanela said:

"July 31, 2018

Fingerprint Review Was Completed" n the new site. N the old one "case was transferred" (to Potomac).  :(

.. At this point I am considering apply for n-400 .. At least let's move something else. 🤷🏽‍♀️

I just feel anxious due to not having a valid GC ,i know i have the paper,  I just  don't feel safe. 😞

What’s the old website?and what’s the new ?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Nikols15g said:

What’s the old website?and what’s the new ?

https://www.uscis.gov/<--- Old one

https://myaccount.uscis.gov/ NEw one.

:luv:If you're tearing down my world, please just try to do it gently.There is love inside.... (L)

Timeline
1 hour ago, PilsenCanela said:

"July 31, 2018

I don't feel safe either with the extension letter.   I really want to start the process for N400 but I would hate to wait for another year without no 'valid' card. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Beddy2015 said:

I don't feel safe either with the extension letter.   I really want to start the process for N400 but I would hate to wait for another year without no 'valid' card. 

Yep, same boat ⏲️

2 hours ago, PilsenCanela said:

"July 31, 2018

I feel the same about not having a GC :( I'd like to travel to my home and such but I'd rather do it when I have the actual GC and I wouldn't want to miss any letters from USCIS while I'm away.

I wonder if Potomac is moving at all as I haven't seen anyone from other months mentioning about approvals or any updates there.

ROC

Spoiler

06/30/2018 ROC filed

07/02/2018 [Day 0] Delivered to CSC

07/13/2018 [Day 11] check cashed

07/16/2018 [Day 14] NOA 1 received (Notice date 07/11/2018)

03/16/2019 [Day 257] NOA regarding reusing fingerprints received (Notice date 03/08/2019)

06/01/2019 [Day 334]  Online update 'case was received at my local office'

06/04/2019 [Day 337] Online update 'case was transferred and a new office has jurisdiction'. Transferred to Arlington, VA

06/08/2019 [Day 341] Case transfer notice in mail

10/18/2019 [Day 465] Status update email received 'card/document in production' (dated 10/17/2019), approval notice sent

10/21/2019 [Day 468] Approval notice in mail

10/22/2019 [Day 469] Online update 'new card mailed'

10/24/2019 [Day 471] GC received in mail

AOS

Spoiler

05/03/2016 AOS filed

05/04/2016 [Day 0] AOS delivered

05/10/2016 [Day 6] check cashed

05/11/2016 [Day 7] NOA1 received (email)

05/14/2016 [Day 10] NOA1 hardcopy received (Notice date 05/10/2016)

05/20/2016 [Day 16] Biometrics appointment letter received (Notice date 05/14/2016)

06/02/2016 [Day 29] Biometrics done

06/08/2016 [Day 35] Request for Initial Evidence issued

06/13/2016 [Day 40] RFIE hardcopy (yellow letter) received

06/14/2016 [Day 41] RFIE response sent

06/15/2016 [Day 42] FedEx confirmed delivery of RFIE

06/16/2016 [Day 43] Case updated online regarding my response to an RFIE

06/27/2016 [Day 54] Case updated online 'ready for interview'

08/02/2016 [Day 90] submitted SR for EAD

08/06/2016 [Day 94] Case updated regarding EAD, 'New card is being produced'

08/08/2016 [Day 96] Case updated online for EAD 'approved'

08/09/2016 [Day 97] Case updated online 'we mailed your new card', SR response has been sent

08/11/2016 [Day 99] Online update 'interview scheduled for Sep 14th'

08/12/2016 [Day 100] EAD card and NOA for EAD in mail

08/13/2016 [Day 101] SR response and Interview letter in mail

09/14/2016 [Day 133] Interview day -approved right on the spot. Card in production.

09/19/2016 [Day 138] Approval notice in mail. Case updated online 'GC sent to your address'

09/22/2016 [Day 141] GC in mail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Our I-751 joint petition was approved today (7/24/2019) from CSC. No RFE or interview. It was approved exactly seven days after biometrics appointment date (7/16/2019). Our case # is WAC182135****

Here is a list documents we included from our cover page:

• Copy of permanent resident card of petitioner.
  • Copy of our IRS joint tax return transcript for year 2015, 2016 and 2017.
  • Copy of our joint checking account statement from March 2017 through May 2018.
  • Copy of our driver licenses with same address, our health plan card, our shared checking account debit card.
  • Copy of airline tickets we took together to attend a friend’s wedding (actual scan of return plane tickets showing US citizen and petitioner's name).
  • Copy of our auto insurance policy listing petitioner as insured driver.
  • Copy of our recent joint electricity bill.
  • Current benefit statement from US citizen's company listing medical, dental and vision benefit for petitioner.
  • Pictures we have taken together with family and friends throughout the years we’ve been married (10 pictures).

We didn't include the 'kitchen sink' and could've provided a lot more documents such as 401k beneficiary, deed, will, etc...--but glad they were accepted and approved our petition. Good luck everyone!

Was never able to track case status via the old USCIS case status website (egov.uscis.gov). Received "Validation Error(s)" when searched for WAC********** case number. However, the website was updated with "New Card is Being Produced" only after the petition was approved. The new case status website (my.uscis.gov) still hasn't updated with case approved. Only displaying the following:

Fingerprint Review    March 8, 2019
Case Was Received    June 27, 2018

Our timeline:

Lifting Conditions
Event Date
CIS Office : California Service Center
Date Filed : 2018-06-18
NOA Date : 2018-06-27
RFE(s) :  
Bio. Appt. : 2019-07-16
Interview Date :  
Approval / Denial Date : 2019-07-24
Approved : Yes
Got I551 Stamp :  
Green Card Received :  
Comments : Was never able to track case status via the old USCIS case status website (egov.uscis.gov). Received "Validation Error(s)" when searched for WAC********** case number. However, the website was updated with "New Card is Being Produced" only after the petition was approved.
Edited by bokim

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hate to break it to everyone but the approval notification we all received this week could also be a simple correspondence. It is very unlikely for all the June '18 cases to go unopposed and be processed before their current time range; Dec 2017. Don't celebrate until you have your new card in hand!

3 hours ago, Beddy2015 said:

I'm not sure I follow the logic. N400 and 751 are two different application process. They can be running in parallel. Just because you applied for the N400 doesn't mean that your 751 will be put on hold. If the 751 gets approved before the N400 interview, then you proceed with the 'normal interview'. If 751 is not approved by the time you have your 400 interview, then the IO can conduct a joint interview (spouse should be present for this). Either way, I don't see a reason to wait for 751 approval to apply for the N400. If anything, the case will move faster. My colleague was in the same boat in 2017. His ROC was taking longer than usual. But he got his interview for N400 about 4 months after applying. The IO was able to approve the ROC and the 400 in the same interview. If he waited for the ROC approval, it could have taken months.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, patsfan038 said:

I'm not sure I follow the logic. N400 and 751 are two different application process. They can be running in parallel. Just because you applied for the N400 doesn't mean that your 751 will be put on hold. If the 751 gets approved before the N400 interview, then you proceed with the 'normal interview'. If 751 is not approved by the time you have your 400 interview, then the IO can conduct a joint interview (spouse should be present for this). Either way, I don't see a reason to wait for 751 approval to apply for the N400. If anything, the case will move faster. My colleague was in the same boat in 2017. His ROC was taking longer than usual. But he got his interview for N400 about 4 months after applying. The IO was able to approve the ROC and the 400 in the same interview. If he waited for the ROC approval, it could have taken months.

I know the two cases are different process. We didn't say the I751 will be on hold if apply for N400. The idea that the case will move faster once apply for N400 if 1751 is pending is not always 100% true since it all depends on the processing time of your local office for N400. Mine local office is about a year for N400  processing time that's why I want to wait to get green card first. Your friend was a lucky one to have an interview after 4 months. if my local office was that quick, I would apply. I'm eligible since June 23th. 

52 minutes ago, Beddy2015 said:

I know the two cases are different process. We didn't say the I751 will be on hold if apply for N400. The idea that the case will move faster once apply for N400 if 1751 is pending is not always 100% true since it all depends on the processing time of your local office for N400. Mine local office is about a year for N400  processing time that's why I want to wait to get green card first. Your friend was a lucky one to have an interview after 4 months. if my local office was that quick, I would apply. I'm eligible since June 23th. 

I’m still a little confused so please bear with me 🙂 Your N400 will take one year regardless of your ROC approval status. So why not apply for citizenship and let the process run in parallel? What is the benefit of waiting for the 751 to be approved and then applying for the 400? You were eligible to apply in June 23rd so you already lost a month. I’m just trying to understand this approach. And it’s a genuine question so I mean no disrespect! In my case, I was eligible on June 14 and I filed immediately. I had my biometrics 2 weeks ago and the online status says 6 months. I hope that my 751 is approved by then, if not there is almost a certainty that I’ll have a combo interview (per my lawyer. She said it’s almost guaranteed to be a combo interview. Again it’s her opinion and she could be wrong). So in my case, I hope to have a resolution by end of the year. 

Edited by patsfan038

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.